Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colin Cowherd picks Colts as AFC #1 seed

Steamboat_Shaun

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Skip is a caricature of what a sports analyst is supposed to be, and more than likely has completely different opinions when he's off camera. Cowherd might be kind of pompous, but at least he actually believes the stuff that he says, and that goes farther with me than just playing a character on a TV show, which is essentially what Bayless did on First Take.

Might be? No, he is...I get your drift though Shaun. But both Skip & Colin are exactly alike in 1 respect: Neither man gives a crap what you think of them as analysts as long as the check clears. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Off topic SW1 but I thought you would get a kick out of the Cowboys facing a $250.000 fine for having three players suspended.

How bout them Cowboys! Eh Jerry. haha

If train wrecks = SB rings, Dallas would be king Mr. Jones. 

Thx CC1! SW1 needed a good laugh today. :thmup:

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

How bout them Cowboys! Eh Jerry. haha

If train wrecks = SB rings, Dallas would be king Mr. Jones. 

Thx CC1! SW1 needed a good laugh today. :thmup:

Like Stephen A always says "the Cowboys are an accident waiting to happen". That is funny when he starts preaching that stuff!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like Stephen A always says "the Cowboys are an accident waiting to happen". That is funny when he starts preaching that stuff!

I know right. No matter how many times Smith does this, I love it & never get tired of it. 

Josh Gordon gets reinstated & the Cowboys keep getting fined or their players get suspended. Life is good man.

Cleveland gets good news & that Taj Mahal in Texas filled with temper tantrums keeps sliding downhill. Nice. 

I know right. No matter how many times Smith does this, I love it & never get tired of it. 

Josh Gordon gets reinstated & the Cowboys keep getting fined or their players get suspended. Life is good man.

Cleveland gets good news & that Taj Mahal in Texas filled with temper tantrums keeps sliding downhill. Nice. 

Yeah the incident with Elliott really blew my mind as well. I didn't see that coming at all. Since Troy Aikman retired after 2000 they have only won 2 Playoff games and haven't even reached a Title Game. I do think Romo is Good but they always find strange ways to choke come Playoff time.

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

How are they closing the gap?  Even with every other team in the south having QB issues they could still only muster 5 wins.  Has Gus Bradley ever had the Jags show any signs of overachieving?

im probably wrong about the Jags, but I just don't see it......yet.

The Jags were a lot like we are now under the Blake Bortles era. Solid QB. No defense. No run game. Maybe that's still true? But we know they upgraded on talent on defense...particularly front 7...O line could very well still be a problem for them

54 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I don't know BOTT. When the AFC South only had us & the Texans with any hope of winning the division for a decade & now, the Jags have a good defense & the Titans made an effort to protect Mariota; 2 additional wins sounds like a distant mirage than an attainable plateau to me personally. 

The point being--Every foe in the AFC South got better on paper. Not just Houston. 

I'd love to go 12-4 sure in INDY, but honestly, I don't believe that myself. I just don't. 

9 minutes ago, Gavin said:

The Jags were a lot like we are now under the Blake Bortles era. Solid QB. No defense. No run game. Maybe that's still true? But we know they upgraded on talent on defense...particularly front 7...O line could very well still be a problem for them

Except they continue to lose and the colts went to the playoffs 3 straight years.

solid QB?  Oh Gavin

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Might not be a popular opinion on here but I've always liked SAS. Yes, he might come across as a * sometimes, but if I had to be face to face with that * Skip Bayless 5 days a week, I'd be king * bag haha

His rants can be pretty hilarious too. 

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

According to the *s on nfl network, the colts will go 6-10.

Pretty much nobody is picking us to do much. Cowherd is one of the few. That's fine by me as I have mellowed out over it and sometimes it's great to be underrated/underdog. I think the Colts play better when they are in the underdog role for some reason unless we play the Patriots LOL. If Andrew stays healthy I just see no way we finish worse than 9-7. I think 9-7 is the worse we will finish and 11-5 is the best so I say 10-6.

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

I don't know BOTT. When the AFC South only had us & the Texans with any hope of winning the division for a decade & now, the Jags have a good defense & the Titans made an effort to protect Mariota; 2 additional wins sounds like a distant mirage than an attainable plateau to me personally. 

The point being--Every foe in the AFC South got better on paper. Not just Houston. 

I'd love to go 12-4 sure in INDY, but honestly, I don't believe that myself. I just don't. 

I don't think they win 12, but things could break their way.  And I'm not sold on either the jags or Texans.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the incident with Elliott really blew my mind as well. I didn't see that coming at all. Since Troy Aikman retired after 2000 they have only won 2 Playoff games and haven't even reached a Title Game. I do think Romo is Good but they always find strange ways to choke come Playoff time.

Uh huh. A few bad apples in the NFL gotta stop smacking their women around man. Did these fellas learn nothing from Ray Rice or Johnny Football? Sigh...

As much as it pains to admit this, Tony Romo is a good QB. Elite? Now, let's not get crazy, but he's dangerously good. 

It still irritates how ESPN & NFL Network always kisses Jerry's caboose for 20 yrs now...Pundits gotta be paid off under the table man. No other way to explain it IMO. 

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Might not be a popular opinion on here but I've always liked SAS. Yes, he might come across as a * sometimes, but if I had to be face to face with that * Skip Bayless 5 days a week, I'd be king * bag haha

His rants can be pretty hilarious too. 

I have always liked him better than Skip.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty much nobody is picking us to do much. Cowherd is one of the few. That's fine by me as I have mellowed out over it and sometimes it's great to be underrated/underdog. I think the Colts play better when they are in the underdog role for some reason unless we play the Patriots LOL. If Andrew stays healthy I just see no way we finish worse than 9-7. I think 9-7 is the worse we will finish and 11-5 is the best so I say 10-6.

I like that the media is not hyping us up. Sure, the coaches and players want a super bowl, but the media not bombarding them with "super bowl super bowl super bowl" takes some pressure off the team, which is a good thing. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Uh huh. A few bad apples in the NFL gotta stop smacking their women around man. Did these fellas learn nothing from Ray Rice or Johnny Football? Sigh...

As much as it pains to admit this, Tony Romo is a good QB. Elite? Now, let's not get crazy, but he's dangerously good. 

It still irritates how ESPN & NFL Network always kisses Jerry's caboose for 20 yrs now...Pundits gotta be paid off under the table man. No other way to explain it IMO. 

Yeah there are really only a few Elite QB's in the league - Brady, Rodgers, Ben, and Cam would be Elite. I have to put Cam here because he just won MVP and got to the SB. I still do think Andrew has more potential than Cam but we need to build a Defense before we go to a SB. I think Andrew and Wilson are pretty even but Wilson does have a Ring, having said that I think Andrew has had to carry his team more to win games.  Brees is still Very Good but not sure he is Elite anymore. The Saints haven't been that good for a couple of years now. Romo is right there in this discussion as well IMO.

4 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I don't think they win 12, but things could break their way.  And I'm not sold on either the jags or Texans.

I follow your line of reasoning here. Blake Bortles is still a season or 2 away from figuring it all out I think & Brock Oz hasn't proven anything yet. 

Houston has at least won a couple of division titles so I respect their ability & track record since they've done it before. Okay sure, Luck was hurt & Matthew Hasselback wasn't the man he used to be in Seattle anymore sure, but every club must overcome or take advantage of injuries. 

JJ Watt's back surgery recovery is a tough blow since he's never really been sidelined or on the mend before & 99 is the face of the franchise & their vocal leader overall. 

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I follow your line of reasoning here. Blake Bortles is still a season or 2 away from figuring it all out I think & Brock Oz hasn't proven anything yet. 

Houston has at least won a couple of division titles so I respect their ability & track record since they've done it before. Okay sure, Luck was hurt & Matthew Hasselback wasn't the man he used to be in Seattle anymore sure, but every club must overcome or take advantage of injuries. 

JJ Watt's back surgery recovery is a tough blow since he's never really been sidelined or on the mend before & 99 is the face of the franchise & their vocal leader overall. 

I think Oz will be a slight upgrade for them at QB but nothing special. I honestly don't see him being any better than Ryan Fitzpatrick was for them. I could even argue that Fitz is the better QB. Will Oz be better than what they had last season? I say yes but that isn't saying much. The Watt injury will be crucial for that team and will be interesting to monitor. That team wont have the same energy or mojo if he isn't healthy IMO. Regarding Bortles, I have feeling he will come back down to earth after last season. He threw 35 TD's last season, I see him at around 30 this upcoming season. I think he is Good but not a Top 10 QB in the league. Jags could go 8-8 which I think they will due to their Defense more than anything, that is a huge improvement compared to 5-11 last season.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

I believe we are going to have a pretty solid squad this year if the injury monster doesn't breathe too much fire this year.

I can definitely see 10 wins and a Playoff win as well. That is a pretty good season, especially after last season. I am hoping for more but trying to be realistic.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah there are really only a few Elite QB's in the league - Brady, Rodgers, Ben, and Cam would be Elite. I have to put Cam here because he just won MVP and got to the SB. I still do think Andrew has more potential than Cam but we need to build a Defense before we go to a SB. I think Andrew and Wilson are pretty even but Wilson does have a Ring, having said that I think Andrew has had to carry his team more to win games.  Brees is still Very Good but not sure he is Elite anymore. The Saints haven't been that good for a couple of years now. Romo is right there in this discussion as well IMO.

Thanks for mentioning Big Ben as an elite QB because he is & even I overlook him sometimes. You're right about Brees too. I know he usually throws for 4,000 yards annually, but #9 just isn't the difference maker he was back in 2009 anymore. He can't go deep into the playoffs with a lousy ground game anymore & get to a SB now.

RW, I have a hard time accepting as elite because his best asset is his legs & once he loses a step or 2, he won't be as lethal as he is now. Yeah, I know he makes good decisions with the ball normally, but the legion of boom is why they have a ring in the Pacific NW & Mr. Skittles. 

Cam had 1 elite yr, but he's not elite yet. Do it 3-4 more yrs & then I'll co-sign that statement. I almost wanna call Eli Manning elite winning 2 SBs against NE, but I can't because even without Victor Cruz, Easy E should have never gotten HC Tom Couglin fired or allowed the Redskins to win the NFC East last season. 

Nice post CBE. 

Thanks for mentioning Big Ben as an elite QB because he is & even I overlook him sometimes. You're right about Brees too. I know he usually throws for 4,000 yards annually, but #9 just isn't the difference maker he was back in 2009 anymore. He can't go deep into the playoffs with a lousy ground game anymore & get to a SB now.

RW, I have a hard time accepting as elite because his best asset is his legs & once he loses a step or 2, he won't be as lethal as he is now. Yeah, I know he makes good decisions with the ball normally, but the legion of boom is why they have a ring in the Pacific NW & Mr. Skittles. 

Cam had 1 elite yr, but he's not elite yet. Do it 3-4 more yrs & then I'll co-sign that statement. I almost wanna call Eli Manning elite winning 2 SBs against NE, but I can't because even without Victor Cruz, Easy E should have never gotten HC Tom Couglin fired or allowed the Redskins to win the NFC East last season. 

Nice post CBE. 

Yeah I didn't forget about Eli but the Giants haven't made it to the Playoffs in a while so I left him off. He has an Elite resume with 2 SB wins but not sure he is an Elite player today. He is still Good though IMO.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can definitely see 10 wins and a Playoff win as well. That is a pretty good season, especially after last season. I am hoping for more but trying to be realistic.

I think 11 to 12 is possible.  I just think we've done enough to solidify the line, love the personnel at the skill positions, and again I love having Chud as the OC along with being able to chip ideas off of Joe Philbin.  I think Gore and Turbin are going to be solid and it looks like we may get something out of Ferguson so that could be a solid triumvirate.  I'm expecting the secondary to be pretty good and I remain confident that this Defensive Line is going to gain some respect. It might take a couple games for things to shape up, but I believe we'll get there. Especially with a healthy Art Jones and Henry Anderson should be returning around week 6 to 8 I'm assuming.  Add that with Kendal Langford, Ridgeway, Parry, TY McGill/Kerr and it will be a really solid group I do believe. 

I'm not talking Jets type of D line, but definitely something to where you might want to double check a game plan that involves you thinking you can just line up and run down the Colts throat.  I see no reason why a healthy Mathis can't get at least 10 sacks and I think we'll get some help from at least one of the young guys.  As long as one unit(Offense and Defense) is not dragging down the other unit like we had last year I think 11-12 wins is possible.  I just feel like this 2016 team will execute better and  be much more disciplined than that dumpster fire from last year.  If so, then I see no reason why we can't be around 11-12 wins.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think 11 to 12 is possible.  I just think we've done enough to solidify the line, love the personnel at the skill positions, and again I love having Chud as the OC along with being able to chip ideas off of Joe Philbin.  I think Gore and Turbin and going to be solid and it looks like we may get something out of Ferguson so that's a very solid triumvirate.  I'm expecting the secondary to be pretty good and I maintain with a good deal of confidence that this Defensive Line is going to gain some respect.  Especially with a healthy Art Jones and Henry Anderson should be returning around week 6 to 8 I'm assuming.  Add that with Kendal Langford, Ridgeway, Parry, TY McGill/Kerr and it will be a really solid group I do believe.  I'm not talking Jets type of D line, but definitely something to where you might want to double check a game plan that involves you thinking you can just line up and run down the Colts throat.  I see no reason why a healthy Mathis can't get at least 10 sacks and I think we'll get some help from at least one of the young guys.  As long as one unit(Offense and Defense) is not dragging down the other unit like we had last year I think 11-12 wins is possible.  I just feel like this 2016 team will execute better and  be much more disciplined than that dumpster fire from last year.  If so, then I see no reason why we can't be around 11-12 wins.

I do think the new Coaches will help a lot and I love the Kelly pick so who really knows? I don't think anyone would've thought the Panthers would go 15-1 last season.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think that's because the upgrades the Jags made and Bortles progression along with the progression of Mariota...If that happens. I mean we do have question marks and they are at key positions.

-Center.....We all believe Kelly will be great but overall not many rookies are great year one. Not a knock on him. He could be great from day 1.

-Where is our consistent pass rush going to come from? Mathis may have a bounce back year but that's questionable. Cole is a solid pass rusher. Not great. but it did not happen last year

-ILB should be just like Freeman most likely good against the run....Not so much against the pass. Not a concern to me

-Biggest question to me on defense is can we get some good consistent play from Patrick Robinson because if not whatever pass rush we have wont be enough if he comes out and returns to his Saints form. Instead of just throw it at Tolers man it could be just throw it at Robinsons man

-Will Thornton realize his potential or at least be good?

-I'm expecting a bounce back year from Castonzo so Ill be concerned about that if it does not happen...till then not concerned

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I just feel like this 2016 team will execute better and  be much more disciplined than that dumpster fire from last year.

Bingo! I just hope that Philbin teaches our line to react vs paralysis by over analysis or indecision. 

From earlier videos I saw on Colts.com before training camp started, he definitely will. 

Yeah I didn't forget about Eli but the Giants haven't made it to the Playoffs in a while so I left him off. He has an Elite resume with 2 SB wins but not sure he is an Elite player today. He is still Good though IMO.

Absolutely, Eli is a darn good QB no doubt about it. I think Peyton retiring from the League will help him too. Be his own man now & move outside 18's looming HOF shadow. 

Plus, it will take pressure off Eli too where he can just play ball & not see Sheriff hoopla everywhere. I like Ben  McAdoo as the new HC in the Big Apple too. A good fit following Coughlin. 

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Absolutely, Eli is a darn good QB no doubt about it. I think Peyton retiring from the League will help him too. Be his own man now & move outside 18's looming HOF shadow. 

Plus, it will take pressure off Eli too where he can just play ball & not see Sheriff hoopla everywhere. I like Ben  McAdoo as the new HC in the Big Apple too. A good fit following Coughlin. 

That Division is going to be interesting. I know you are not going to like this but if I had to choose who was going to win it, it would be the Cowboys. I don't think the Cowboys will go far in the Playoffs but I can see them at 10 or 11 wins with Romo back. 10 wins will win that Division IMO, like our Division as well. I think the Giants can challenge them. I see the Skins falling off a little at around 8-8.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

OUCH! What fools said we were going be this bad? Just curious...Let me guess Willie McGinest & Heath Evans right? LOL! 

Kurt Warner usually has good things to say about INDY. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you don't think with a healthy Luck the Colts can win 3 more games than last season? Before last season we went three 11-5 seasons?

I don't think we'll win 11 regular season games this year.     Not because we won't be better --- we will.   I think we'll be very good.

But because our competition is so much better.     Not only is the AFC South much improved,   but I think this is the hardest schedule of the 5 seasons of the Luck/Pagano/Grigson era.      Big challenges this year.

I see the Colts winning the AFC South at 10-6.     But I see the rest of the teams right on our rear end.

Texas 9-7, J'Ville 8-8 and Tenn 7-9.    I wouldn't be surprised if J'Ville and Tenn flipped records,  but I think they're both much better and coming fast.      I think we get challenged most every week.     Very few weeks where you look at our opponent and feel good about a win.     I think each week will be tough.

Just a different perspective.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That Division is going to be interesting. I know you are not going to like this but if I had to choose who was going to win it, it would be the Cowboys. I don't think the Cowboys will go far in the Playoffs but I can see them at 10 or 11 wins with Romo back. 10 wins will win that Division IMO, like our Division as well. I think the Giants can challenge them. I see the Skins falling off a little at around 8-8.

Rod Marinelli has a pitiful defense or his guys keep getting suspended for narcotics violations. Their offense will have to score 45-48 points per game. So they're toast. Plus, JPP has no club anymore on his hand & a high priced pass rush now in NY. 

Run Romo Run! Bah! Ha! Ha! Remember Arnold S. in "Running Man?" 1 of my favorite lines in that movie is this: 

"Hey there cutie pie; 1 of us is in deep trouble." Say this after every big blue sack on Tony Romo. 

Just messing with ya buddy. No hard feelings pal. Solid feedback as always. :hat:

10 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

OUCH! What fools said we were going be this bad? Just curious...Let me guess Willie McGinest & Heath Evans right? LOL! 

Heath Evans is one of them. He is perhaps the biggest Patriots homer on that network. He will find every little thing to praise the Patriots and put the Colts down. He played for them but not sure why he considers himself a true Patriot. He won a Ring with the Saints. McGinest is a True Patriot IMO. I don't think you will find 1 Patriots fan, ex-player that played for them, or media person that works for them saying anything good about the Colts or picking us to win many games. Those people are very hurt about what happened with Tom Brady getting suspended and a lot of those people blame the Colts organization for it. Of course they see no blame in what Tom did and the Patriots are the one's that cheated. All the Colts did was report the situation. I find it funny when someone does something wrong and they try to blame everyone else for your mistake, like blaming the Colts or Ravens or Goodell. It's never the fault of the actual cheater if you have blind eyes to what is going on. The Jags and Texans both have a better chance of going 6-10 than the Colts do in reality.

27 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I had too look it up but Heath Evans only played for the Patriots for 3 seasons and wasn't even used that much. In a 10 year career he had 579 Yards Rushing LOL. He wasn't even a Good player. The season he got a Ring with the Saints he played in 6 games.

Heath Evans is one of them. He is perhaps the biggest Patriots homer on that network. He will find every little thing to praise the Patriots and put the Colts down. He played for them but not sure why he considers himself a true Patriot. He won a Ring with the Saints. McGinest is a True Patriot IMO. I don't think you will find 1 Patriots fan, ex-player that played for them, or media person that works for them saying anything good about the Colts or picking us to win many games. Those people are very hurt about what happened with Tom Brady getting suspended and a lot of those people blame the Colts organization for it. Of course they see no blame in what Tom did and the Patriots are the one's that cheated. All the Colts did was report the situation. I find it funny when someone does something wrong and they try to blame everyone else for your mistake, like blaming the Colts or Ravens or Goodell. It's never the fault of the actual cheater if you have blind eyes to what is going on. The Jags and Texans both have a better chance of going 6-10 than the Colts do in reality.

It'd be funny if Sean Payton & Bill Belichick were stranded on a desert island with him & you could only carry 1 with you to safety on a raft who would it be Heath & why? [Insert dramatic, suspenseful music] 

Exactly. How come NE can never turn that magnifying glass of scrutiny on themselves? It's always a conspiracy, a jealousy thing, a science misunderstanding, a it's lonely at the top mantra thing, or a don't you know who we are Patriots thing...Rules? What rules? haha

Just once, I wanted to hear one Patriots fan say "Um Brady, taking this thing all the way to the Supreme Court is stupid & a waste of everybody's time already" but alas, I never did. 

And Brady doesn't get credit for ending this whole snafu because all your legal options dried up either like congratulating a criminal on taking a plea deal. 

24 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

It'd be funny if Sean Payton & Bill Belichick were stranded on a desert island with him & you could only carry 1 with you to safety on a raft who would it be Heath & why? [Insert dramatic, suspenseful music] 

Exactly. How come NE can never turn that magnifying glass of scrutiny on themselves? It's always a conspiracy, a jealousy thing, a science misunderstanding, a it's lonely at the top mantra thing, or a don't you know who we are Patriots thing...Rules? What rules? haha

Just once, I wanted to hear one Patriots fan say "Um Brady, taking this thing all the way to the Supreme Court is stupid & a waste of everybody's time already" but alas, I never did. 

And Brady doesn't get credit for ending this whole snafu because all your legal options dried up either like congratulating a criminal on taking a plea deal. 

He would carry Belichick haha and say see ya to Sean IMO, funny Post and Great stuff as usual SW1. I agree I haven't heard 1 Patriots fan, Ex-Patriots Player or Patriots media person say that this was Tom's fault. It's always someone's else or it's Science, etc..

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He would carry Belichick haha and say see ya to Sean IMO, funny Post and Great stuff as usual SW1. I agree I haven't heard 1 Patriots fan, Ex-Patriots Player or media person say that this was Tom's fault. It's always someone's else or it's Science, etc..

Thx for your kind words on my behalf CBE. The check is in the mail.

All kidding aside, it just blows my mind how the end justifies the means in Foxboro. Like ordinary rules don't apply to them simply because of the Lombardi success they have enjoyed over a decade or more. Problems tend to disappear when you open up about them & come clean about them. They just do, but if you deny, deflect, stonewall, or play dumb people outside your zip code get angry because you are insulting their intelligence & you act as though you or your employer are better than everybody else. Arrogance & entitlement make my blood boil faster than anything else. 

Once the 4 game suspension has been served, I will let all this blow over, but dragging his feet for over a yr. is so darn childish on Brady's part in my estimation. It's beyond absurd. 

14 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Thx for your kind words on my behalf CBE. The check is in the mail.

All kidding aside, it just blows my mind how the end justifies the means in Foxboro. Like ordinary rules don't apply to them simply because of the Lombardi success they have enjoyed over a decade or more. Problems tend to disappear when you open up about them & come clean about them. They just do, but if you deny, deflect, stonewall, or play dumb people outside your zip code get angry because you are insulting their intelligence & you act as though you or your employer are better than everybody else. Arrogance & entitlement make my blood boil faster than anything else. 

Once the 4 game suspension has been served, I will let all this blow over, but dragging his feet for over a yr. is so darn childish on Brady's part in my estimation. It's beyond absurd. 

Yeah this has really been a great summer. Peyton went out a Champion and was cleared by the league of taking HGH/PED's, Tom was found guilty by the league and has to serve his 4 game suspension, and Andrew is getting healthy. I didn't like the fact we went 8-8 last season but stuff happens. It's rare that a team is Very Good to Great every season which we have been since the 2003 Season other than 2011 and last season. 1 bad season (2011) and 1 mediocre one (last season) in the last 13, I'll take that. We have been a threat to go far in the Playoffs in 11 of the past 13 seasons basically. Regarding the Patriots fanbase, they are like the maddest/whiniest bunch I have ever came across reading their comments on different Boards. You would think they would be the happiest bunch in the universe of sports winning 4 SB's since the 2001 Season and they practically go to the Final 4 every season which is unheard of but they complain about everything. Some people think our fanbase is never satisfied, we don't hold a candle to their fanbase regarding that.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah this has really been a great summer. Peyton went out a Champion and was cleared by the league of taking HGH/PED's, Tom was found guilty by the league and has to serve his 4 game suspension, and Andrew is getting healthy. I didn't like the fact we went 8-8 last season but stuff happens. It's rare that a team is Very Good to Great every season which we have been since the 2003 Season other than 2011 and last season. 1 bad season (2011) and 1 mediocre one (last season) in the last 13, I'll take that. We have been a threat to go far in the Playoffs in 11 of the past 13 seasons basically. Regarding the Patriots fanbase, they are like the maddest/whiniest bunch I have ever came across reading their comments on different Boards. You would think they would be the happiest bunch in the universe of sports winning 4 SB's since the 2001 Season and they practically go to the Final 4 every season which is unheard of but they complain about everything. Some people think our fanbase is never satisfied, we don't hold a candle to their fanbase regarding that.

Good point. Peyton road off into the sunset a winner, our GM finally picked up a quality successor to Saturday, the lacerated kidney has healed, & we have nice upgrades at OC, DC, & QB coach. 

There are good guys like Dynasty 13 & Yehoodi that I respect as NE fans among others. True, some fans are never happy no matter how much success their team enjoys. Some overzealous fans do take moaning & groaning to an art form, which is both funny & sad when their expectation level reaches monumental proportions on a frequent basis. You'd think that 4 rings since the 2000 era would make Foxboro fans easy going & content, but not so much for some bizarre reason. 

I always say this though. If Luck was accused of deflating balls during an AFC Championship Game, he would have owned it & fessed up. And I guarantee you, nobody in the blue horseshoe would have been demanded a ride all the way to the Supreme Court to clear his name because we would accept the inevitable, take the repercussions, & move on in less than 18 months. I wonder where all those Judge Berman For President t-shirts went? My money is on being transformed into dust rags, engine rebuild rags, bandanas for Sturgis South Dakota Harley Davidson Bike rallies, or lining the bottom of a bird cage just off the top of my head. 

Regarding Heath Evans man crush, he probably would save Emperor Palpatine sorry the Gray Hoodie 1st. However, he did win "my precious" SB bling in the Bayou with Payton so Gollum, I mean, Heath would be torn over head coach allegiances there. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He would carry Belichick haha and say see ya to Sean IMO

Can't you just picture that riveting conversation between Bill & Heath on the water? 

You know, Heath constantly seeking Bill's approval as he rows...Would you like me to apply sun screen to your back so you don't peel? Would you like my hat? Here's the last coconut. Would you like me to hold it for you while you leisurely drink it down Billy? I swear Heath would wash his car & fishing yacht every week just to have the gray hoodie pat him on the head like an obedient lap dog. 

And why does Willie McGinest always act like Bill Parcells never got him to a SB in 1996 vs the GB Packers? Willie always pretends like it doesn't count since Reggie White threw Drew Bledsoe around like a rag doll & he never lost a Championship under Parcells old DC. I always find that odd...That Parcells never comes up or is barely ever mentioned. 

19 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Can't you just picture that riveting conversation between Bill & Heath on the water? 

You know, Heath constantly seeking Bill's approval as he rows...Would you like me to apply sun screen to your back so you don't peel? Would you like my hat? Here's the last coconut. Would you like me to hold it for you while you leisurely drink it down Billy? I swear Heath would wash his car & fishing yacht every week just to have the gray hoodie pat him on the head like an obedient lap dog. 

And why does Willie McGinest always act like Bill Parcells never got him to a SB in 1996 vs the GB Packers? Willie always pretends like it doesn't count since Reggie White threw Drew Bledsoe around like a rag doll & he never lost a Championship under Parcells old DC. I always find that odd...That Parcells never comes up or is barely ever mentioned. 

Your Post had me lmao because I can picture Heath being like that toward Bill haha. I like McGinest, he was a fantastic player and is a TruePatriot IMO. To answer your question about him, it's probably because they lost that SB.