Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's talk UDFA: Chester Rodgers

twfish

One WR that's not been very well talked about yet is Chester Rogers from Grambling State. At 6'1 181 he runs a 4.45 40 although his game he looks a hair faster. He was the leading receiver in '13 and '14 there and was the second last year. He has some punt and kick return though mainly punt return. In his returns he looks more natural there vs WR. He's got the height and hands but he's a little light and his route running is not refined he does play the ball very well in the air though. He doesn't use his body very much against pressure and just about the only way he breaks away from db's is using his speed he's not real shifty except when he returns. I don't have high hopes for him and I'm not entirely sure he makes the PS with the level of competition of WR. Maybe he can make it as a return man but I doubt he can beat out Bray.

https://youtu.be/0VY24nBeKf8

I heard him talked about in OTA's. I like everything I have seen and heard about the kid. I'm interested to see what he can do with a step up in competition.

I hope our non starters on offense can do more than they have in the past. It's difficulf to show anything if the O can't go.