Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colt Hall of Famers, James, Harrison, and Dungy ?

The Old Crow

I'm thinking Dungy is goin to be basically a lock. Being the first African American head coach to win a Super Bowl is a cool thing plus all of his other big moments as a coach for the Bucs, and the Colts. Final decision: IN

Really think Marvin should be a lock but unfortunately he wasn't flashy enough OFF the football field which seems to be super important for a HOF WR. Even though he is leading or top 5 in most all big stats for WR the off field issues after his retirement has caused a little slow down of him getting in. Final decision: IN

The edge obviously was great for the Colts and the Colts running backs have struggled some before and for sure ever since after he left! I'm not so sure league wise he a HOF player to others. I believe he could be. Final decision: out. (Atleast this go around)

Don't know the chances. Obviously Harrison is easily a HOF. I don't really see Dungy that way, but other people seem convinced he will get in. I was too young to watch Edge so I cannot comment on him. (Too young for Marvin too but that  he is easily one of the best). 

I'm thinking Dungy is goin to be basically a lock. Being the first African American head coach to win a Super Bowl is a cool thing plus all of his other big moments as a coach for the Bucs, and the Colts. Final decision: IN

Really think Marvin should be a lock but unfortunately he wasn't flashy enough OFF the football field which seems to be super important for a HOF WR. Even though he is leading or top 5 in most all big stats for WR the off field issues after his retirement has caused a little slow down of him getting in. Final decision: IN

The edge obviously was great for the Colts and the Colts running backs have struggled some before and for sure ever since after he left! I'm not so sure league wise he a HOF player to others. I believe he could be. Final decision: out. (Atleast this go around)

Since the Colts moved to Indy in 1984, no player, other than old Baltimore Colts , and players better known as LOS Angeles Rams, have made the HOF. Obviously, Peyton is a lock when he retires, but what are the chances of these home grown Indianapolis Colts of making the HOF this year ?

I don't think edge ever gets in. Dungy and Marvin will get in. Im not sure if its this year though. Also, i think Reggie will get in. As it stands only one player drafted by the Indy colts has gone into the hall

I don't think Dungy should get in.  Marvin is a lock to get in, while Edge is more difficult to determine

Harrison will get in this year-- he should have been first-ballot but they let Andre Reed in instead.

Dungy will get in, not sure whether it be this year or the next --- he had a very great winning percentage, was the first African-American coach to win SB, kind of the God Father of the Tampa (Cover) 2 Defense, and has a tremendous legacy (Herm Edwards, Lovie Smith, Jim Caldwell, Mike Tomlin, Leslie Frazier, Rod Maranelli all became head coaches or are currently head coaches in NFL, while Mike Shula became a head coach in college and others have seen success at coordinator positions in NFL).  Dungy also has longest consecutive streak for making playoffs and lead the winningest regular season team of any decade during his time in Indy.  Not to mention, he is also on a pretty impressive list for people who have won a super bowl as both a player and a coach.

James should get in in 2 or 3 years.  He was all-decade RB, and is the 11th leading rusher of all time.  5 players with less yards than him are in the HOF.  Unfortunately, he had some injuries which led to a shortened career but he is the fastest and youngest player to reach 10,000 11,000 and 12,000 yards from scrimmage.