Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just Got Offered A Trade For Manning

I just got offered Manning and my 10th round pick next year for Shaub and his 11th round pick next year.

There is 12 rounds in our draft. So pretty much its Shaub for Manning. I am really thinking about it because of the news that has come out lately about Manning.

The biggest risk is Manning comes back in the next couple games and tears it up, but from the news I have read he is not close.

QB: Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford

RB: LeSean McCoy, DeAngelo Williams, Knoshown Moreno, Roy Helu

WR: Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Mike Wallace, Danny Amendola

TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Ben Watson

K: David Akers

DEF: New England

12 team league

non ppr

6 pts for passing/receiving/rushing TD

1 pt for every 10 yard rushing/receiving

1 pt for every 25 yard passing

Start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF

Matt Schaub will be a beast this year! (Unless he gets injured). Yes, take that deal and do not look back. Plus, with this Houston's defense presumably being better, it gives Schaub more chances to score. Plus, Foster is a game-time decision against the Colts, and the Texans lost Vonta Leach (FB) in the off-season, so expect Schaub to sling it week 1.

Sad to say, but it's highly certain Manning is out 2-3 months, and even if he does come back, it will be late in the season where the Colts don't care, since they probably wont make the playoffs. Heck, there's talks Manning may have even have to retire! (Doubt it). You gotta ditch Manning. Sorry man.

• 6 months later...

ugh... Bradford burned me. I thought he was going to be a stud. I was lucky to make a trade for of all people Roethlisberger by week 5 and save the season as well as win my league.

I got Roethlisberger in round 5 of my draft. heck, I remember when Cam Newton and MIchael Vick used to be in free agency! Makes ya wonder if RGIII will go undrafted (hmm). Seriously, QB's are a dime a dozen in fantasy. Wait until the 4th-5th round, then just grab Roethlisberger or RGIII. I say RGIII over Luck because RGIII is entering Mike Shanahan's offense and Washington has several new WR playmakers, whereas Luck is entering a coaching staff that has been gutted and lost practically all its players.

• 1 month later...