Photo

One question from the game?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 gnet550

gnet550
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Why was Cassius Vaughn on Calvin so much? I thought Vontae played stellar today. He is our number one and can' t figure why he wasn't on Calvin more.

P.s. I do realize Davis was on him on the touchdown catch

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 5394 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Ditto, did Butler cover him at any point?

Maybe they figured they might as well use the better CBs in someone they could cover and offer Vaughan up as the lamb.

#3 Snowglobe

Snowglobe
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Some defenses put their best corner on the #2 receiver and roll their coverage around the #1 guy

I know the Ravens used to do this and I think the Jets still do it. Not sure though cause I recall Revis was on Moss a lot.

Peyton Manning - 12 playoff losses - most in NFL history

#4 cjrulli

cjrulli
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Actually I believe it was initially Butler that was on Calvin for the TD pass, who than backed off and Davis grabbed him.

#5 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 19159 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

coverage scheme that had VD playing only on one side
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#6 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3082 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

he was just coming back from injury so they didn't want him doing too much

#7 gnet550

gnet550
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

I suppose it may have not mattered because he is Megatron, but Vaughn was consistently getting abused

#8 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 5394 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

I suppose it may have not mattered because he is Megatron, but Vaughn was consistently getting abused

At least he's consistent :P

#9 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2607 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Yeah it really wasn't Davis's job to cover Johnson on that TD play. I believe it was Butler, who then rolled off and left Davis to chase after Johnson.

#10 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 5394 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

I thought Davis had a good game today a considering we didn't get to Stafford.

#11 hillbillybob

hillbillybob
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

man i really want the colts to get a good defense! i know everyone does but like seriously. people dont want us getting asomugha but we pretty much play just man coverage. is rodgers cromartie anygood?

#12 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7742 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Why was Cassius Vaughn on Calvin so much? I thought Vontae played stellar today. He is our number one and can' t figure why he wasn't on Calvin more.

P.s. I do realize Davis was on him on the touchdown catch

Before the game the Colts said they weren't going to cover Meg with anyone specifically. They were going to play their D and cover him on which ever side of the field he lined up.

I agree with the posters above (and you) Davis is our best CB but he's probably not 100% yet.

#13 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5544 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Some defenses put their best corner on the #2 receiver and roll their coverage around the #1 guy

I know the Ravens used to do this and I think the Jets still do it. Not sure though cause I recall Revis was on Moss a lot.

The Rams do this with Finnegan, use him as a joker CB. I'd prefer we keep Vontae on their best WR.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Dec
    radiogirl

Treasure your loved ones every day. Visited some dear friends today at the hospital who's 22 year old daughter was in an accident yesterday. Critical May not make it. I was reminded today how precious life is.....

Show comments (9)
View All Updates