Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 08/22

sb41champs

Not in the least....I feel all players should wear a mouth-piece....I love that NBA players wear them. When I first started playing football at 9 yrs old, I was told that it can help a jarring head injury too.....a strange thing I read the other day that it can help reduce concussions....I think it should be mandatory!!

Don't they all use something?

Perhaps it's just the fact that his is bright blue and he sticks it to the side of his helmet so that it looks like he just tackled someone's grandmother. That's going to get pretty old pretty quick.

No, but I'm a mom. If he were my kid I'd be reminding him to protect himself head to toe.

My mom does this to me. She called me one day and I told her I was on a ladder, painting the ceiling and she said

"I HOPE YOU ARE WEARING A HELMET!............100000000000000000000000 people a year are injured in falls from ladders!!!!!!!"......mom exaggerates a bit

It should be mandatory. Maybe Manning's jaw wouldn't have ever broken if he had one in.

Possibly.

I feel like I've read somewhere at some point that a mouth piece is a key to preventing a lot of concussions due to everything being more secure. A lot of QB's don't wear one because it impedes their speech on the field.

i wonder if the develop some kind of grunt code for switching up plays :)

I don't know about grunting. If they do then maybe they can hire Martina Hingis as the grunt coach.

I've read where Manning and Marvin could communicate by just saying Buffalo 99, or Miami 01 and that they were on the same page on what route to run due to a previous play.

There was a story about Quadry Ismail when he was here that the DB told him he had picked up or broken the code on something so he told Manning and they switched the meaning, so Manning barked out whatever the word was, so the DB jumps the slant, but it was the slant and go and it was an easy touchdown.

Some teams use music, movies, states, cities to mean something. They key is to have multiple meanings for whatever you are wanting to get across so that you can come back to a previous play without giving anything away.

Sounds of the NFL still show the OC calling in this long drawn out play, why not just give the QB and the other skill players a "Wrist coach". CUTTERS%203%20CARD%20HOLDER.jpg

Have 6 columns or so, with 20-30 plays each column and then just call it 6-12, then the QB can call the play from the line 6-12... Well... Your bread and butter plays could be listed multiple times so 4-13 could be the same as 6-12... Switch it up each quarter and make sure everyone gets the new card, and your communication has improved and you can get plays called out quicker.

No, but I'm a mom. If he were my kid I'd be reminding him to protect himself head to toe.

My mom does this to me. She called me one day and I told her I was on a ladder, painting the ceiling and she said

"I HOPE YOU ARE WEARING A HELMET!............100000000000000000000000 people a year are injured in falls from ladders!!!!!!!"......mom exaggerates a bit

My dad.....ives with a head injury from a fall from a ladder trimming palm trees in Florida....Mom is always right!!

I don't know about grunting. If they do then maybe they can hire Martina Hingis as the grunt coach.

I've read where Manning and Marvin could communicate by just saying Buffalo 99, or Miami 01 and that they were on the same page on what route to run due to a previous play.

There was a story about Quadry Ismail when he was here that the DB told him he had picked up or broken the code on something so he told Manning and they switched the meaning, so Manning barked out whatever the word was, so the DB jumps the slant, but it was the slant and go and it was an easy touchdown.

Some teams use music, movies, states, cities to mean something. They key is to have multiple meanings for whatever you are wanting to get across so that you can come back to a previous play without giving anything away.

Sounds of the NFL still show the OC calling in this long drawn out play, why not just give the QB and the other skill players a "Wrist coach". CUTTERS%203%20CARD%20HOLDER.jpg

Have 6 columns or so, with 20-30 plays each column and then just call it 6-12, then the QB can call the play from the line 6-12... Well... Your bread and butter plays could be listed multiple times so 4-13 could be the same as 6-12... Switch it up each quarter and make sure everyone gets the new card, and your communication has improved and you can get plays called out quicker.

Maria Sharapova is the screaming Mimi now....WOW!

With all of the talk of discussions, you would think the NFL would make it mandatory.

It should be mandatory. Maybe Manning's jaw wouldn't have ever broken if he had one in.

Possibly.

I feel like I've read somewhere at some point that a mouth piece is a key to preventing a lot of concussions due to everything being more secure. A lot of QB's don't wear one because it impedes their speech on the field.

If NFL rules and regulations require a helmet and a buckled chip strap for protection, a mouth piece designed to keep all your teeth that you were born with too sounds like a reasonable precautionary measure to me.

I'm not trying to be a smart caboose here, but you hear the play through your helmet, take the mouth piece out, tell the line the play, put the mouthpiece back in, and execute the play on the field. No more problem right.

If NFL rules and regulations require a helmet and a buckled chip strap for protection, a mouth piece designed to keep all your teeth that you were born with too sounds like a reasonable precautionary measure to me.

I'm not trying to be a smart caboose here, but you hear the play through your helmet, take the mouth piece out, tell the line the play, put the mouthpiece back in, and execute the play on the field. No more problem right.

See post 3....I would say I concur my friends. :)

Possibly.

I always found that silly. If you have to say something you could always just take it out of you mouth, or just use hand signals. I really think all players should have them to protect from fractured jaws, broken teeth and what not... The concussion thing is new to me.