Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts: Report card grade for draft picks through preseason weak 2 Bleather report

stonehart1234

Andrew Luck A

Coby Fleener B

Dwayne Allen B+

T.Y Hilton C+

Vick ballard B+

LaVon Brazill B+

Chandler Harnish C+

Looks like this was a great draft.

If these guys have long healthy careers, it might one day be graded against some of the best drafts ever. :worthy:

Andrew is going to make LOTS of players LOOK GOOD!

I somewhat agree. In all fairness, I'd rate Chandler Harnish higher. Considering the draft pick we used on him was worth next to nothing, C+ for his solid play at 3rd string QB is a bit low.

Plus he's playing with 3rd string guys (against 3rd string guys, to be fair). So you can't expect crisp plays from them as a team. I think he's looked very good.

Andrew Luck A

Coby Fleener B

Dwayne Allen B+

T.Y Hilton C+

Vick ballard B+

LaVon Brazill B+

Chandler Harnish C+

Looks like this was a great draft.

Fleener is a C- IMO he has good blocking but for how high of a pick he is and with his skill set he should be dynamic

I somewhat agree. In all fairness, I'd rate Chandler Harnish higher. Considering the draft pick we used on him was worth next to nothing, C+ for his solid play at 3rd string QB is a bit low.

based on last week? He was playing against the Steelers third stringers which are about the same talent level or even lower than he was and let's not forget it was Harnish's INT that set up the Steelers game winning drive. However a C+ isn't a low grade it means he did slightly above average and when you factor in the mistakes and in this case the big mistaken he made this past week that's about right.

Fleener is a C- IMO he has good blocking but for how high of a pick he is and with his skill set he should be dynamic

Not necessarily. People knew when we took Flleener blocking wasn't his strong suit. Much like Clark he's a WR in a TE's body. He's here to make big plays in the passing game and we started to see that this week. Don't get me wrong he needs to work on his blocking game but just because he was a high draft pick doesn't automatically mean he's a great blocker.

Not necessarily. People knew when we took Flleener blocking wasn't his strong suit. Much like Clark he's a WR in a TE's body. He's here to make big plays in the passing game and we started to see that this week. Don't get me wrong he needs to work on his blocking game but just because he was a high draft pick doesn't automatically mean he's a great blocker.

Good point in the blocking scheme......he was horrible the first few days of camp.....whiffing like crazy....you already see the work that has been put in...I love training camp....not having one last year with all of the young OL...was a killer.

It's his blocking that has been his strong point. Arians has said himself that he needs to work on his receiving. For someone we likely took for his pass-catching ability, that's got to take some points off. But I felt a B was fine.