Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The best thing: What Luck said after the game.

oldunclemark

i forget which interview it was...

..or who asked him...

But the question was something about goals for this year...

I expected some mealy mouth politiclaly correct oatmeal slop like "I just want to get better every week."

(everybody wants to get better every week)

But that's not what Luck said.

Andrew said that the Colts have some veterans who dont have time to wait around for a rookie quarterback to get better. They need to make the playoffs this year.

..and that was his goal....that was his sense of urgency

..as a fan.......That's exactly how I want him to feel....That's exactly what I want to hear.

*Wipes Eyes* That's just Determination. You guys seriously have to stop making Topics like this....they get me so Emotional. :( It's just amazing how someone can be the #1 Overall to the team who just suffered a 2-14 season. Come in and realize that the people around you aren't getting any younger and set the bar so High. Andrew Luck is a very Humble individual

*Wipes Eyes* That's just Determination. You guys seriously have to stop making Topics like this....they get me so Emotional. :( It's just amazing how someone can be the #1 Overall to the team who just suffered a 2-14 season. Come in and realize that the people around you aren't getting any younger and set the bar so High. Andrew Luck is a very Humble individual

Exactly right....TK..

..and the young man gave an answer which did not speak to himself or his play

It spoke to his teammates and their needs and wants...

The words he used spoke as a leader...........not as a 'star'

That was during the halftime recorded interview with Chris Collinsworth. I also recall him saying his goal was to win the Super Bowl, and he added if that doesn't happen this year, then the more immediate goal is to make the playoffs.

I love the consideration for his teammates and the fact he's setting lofty goals, not something like, 'the Colts were 2-14 last year, so I'd like to double the win total this year or even finish with a .500 record.'

This guy is special in the way he thinks, the way he learns, the way he plays and the way he conducts himself. Going to be a great ride!

Alot of this must come form his relationship with Reggie Wayne. Reggie made a tough decision to stay in Indy and finish what he helped start. While Reggie clearly wants to be part of the maturation process of Andrew Luck, he has expressed many times that he is not here to "rebuild".

Kudos to Luck for recognizing the importance of winning and winning now for both this franchise and some of these veterans.

i forget which interview it was...

..or who asked him...

But the question was something about goals for this year...

I expected some mealy mouth politiclaly correct oatmeal slop like "I just want to get better every week."

(everybody wants to get better every week)

But that's not what Luck said.

Andrew said that the Colts have some veterans who dont have time to wait around for a rookie quarterback to get better. They need to make the playoffs this year.

..and that was his goal....that was his sense of urgency

..as a fan.......That's exactly how I want him to feel....That's exactly what I want to hear.

i don't remember who was interviewing him either but i saw it too. When answering the same question, he also mentioned the word Superbowl. It sure seems like he doesnt just want to be good, or a starter, or even a probowler.... he wants to win championships.