Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We tackled really well today

StewieG

J. King was GREAT at CB. He was Form Tackling and played some Good Coverage. He may be the #1 Contender right now for the #2 CB

BTW, 1st Post lol

Justin King was terrible at coverage, we shouldn't have to see his tackling unless if a running back runs his way. But he was beat probably six times or so.

Justin King was terrible at coverage, we shouldn't have to see his tackling unless if a running back runs his way. But he was beat probably six times or so.

I'll have to watch it again because I didn't see it. Matter of fact, our CBs impressed me on the long passes. They were right there. Even that interference call was kind of iffy.

I'll have to watch it again because I didn't see it. Matter of fact, our CBs impressed me on the long passes. They were right there. Even that interference call was kind of iffy.

Yeah I agree, they all played decent, but I wasn't that big of a fan of King, maybe it's just me though. I still think they need to get some help at the cornerback spot in the draft next year, maybe spend a first or second round pick on it.

Yeah I agree, they all played decent, but I wasn't that big of a fan of King, maybe it's just me though. I still think they need to get some help at the cornerback spot in the draft next year, maybe spend a first or second round pick on it.

Maybe? It's a lock that we need to spend at least a 2nd round pick on a CB. And King was impressive.

What did king do that was so impressive, he didn't intercept anyone, he got beat quite a bit, and I don't know if he batted any passes.

Being a good CB isn't about INTs or passes defended. He got beat quite a bit huh? No, he didn't. He tackled well, stuck close, didn't get beat.

Thankyou. How some value a CB based on his tackling is absurd. He was horrible in coverage. He reminded me of Lacey, bad cover corner, good tackler.

Justin King run recognition is great and great tackler. He was never beat I didn't see anybody blow by him, he gave up two underneath route completions because he was playing soft man coverage. I watched the game twice already I don't see where he was getting beat. Bradford completed 7 passes(3 was on powers, 2 underneath against linebackers and 2 on king) so if your going to bash King for that you should be bashing Powers right along with him but to me he played really well and is the front runner for the #2 corner spot

Justin King run recognition is great and great tackler. He was never beat I didn't see anybody blow by him, he gave up two underneath route completions because he was playing soft man coverage. I watched the game twice already I don't see where he was getting beat. Bradford completed 7 passes(3 was on powers, 2 underneath against linebackers and 2 on king) so if your going to bash King for that you should be bashing Powers right along with him but to me he played really well and is the front runner for the #2 corner spot

I never said anyone was blowing by him. He just didn't look the part to me. Those two completions on King were too easy. And he had no break on the ball whatsoever. Against a team like the Rams, he looked decent. At least Powers has a break on the ball and will fare much better throughout the season than King, I can promise you that. King looks good in the run defense. Average at best in the pass defense. Precise teams like the Patriots, Saints, and Packers will torch him. Theres a reason he was rated the worst corner in the NFL by pro football focus.

They were...watch the game again.

Its called soft man coverage theyre giving up the underneath hitch route which were the only two passes that was caught on him.I bet you this. If you ask and of the defensive coaches who was the bright spot of the secondary today they would say Justin King

Lots of 1v1 and our players made the tackle. Good too see that.

I think the most impressed I was all game in regards to the def was Drake Nevis. First possession, I believe it was Steven Jackson and not Pead, broke to the outside. Nevis ran him down for the tackle. It was a 2 or 3 yard gain, but every bit of 10yards to the roght, and to see a DT make that play was impressive.

Its called soft man coverage theyre giving up the underneath hitch route which were the only two passes that was caught on him.I bet you this. If you ask and of the defensive coaches who was the bright spot of the secondary today they would say Justin King

Wait throughout the pre-season to make a judgement on King. IMO he got lucky he only had short hitch routes thrown at him, or else he would have been exposed. He's a good tackler no doubt. But you could put Lacey in the same position and I bet you he will make those tackles too.. while giving up those short passes. I don think Lacey is a good player, do you?

Wait throughout the pre-season to make a judgement on King. IMO he got lucky he only had short hitch routes thrown at him, or else he would have been exposed. He's a good tackler no doubt. But you could put Lacey in the same position and I bet you he will make those tackles too.. while giving up those short passes. I don think Lacey is a good player, do you?

I ain't making any judgement he just played well and made himself the front runner for the #2 corner. And Lacey is irrelevant in this discussion

I ain't making any judgement he just played well and made himself the front runner for the #2 corner. And Lacey is irrelevant in this discussion

How is he irrelevant? He is a perfect example of how you badly judge a decent player. He would've made those tackles and he wouldve stood there while the qb completes those passes on him.. Just like King. I don't see how he made himself the frontrunner for the #2 CB spot besides the fact that every other corner we had didn't stand out. You failed to give a decent response in this discussion..

How is he irrelevant? He is a perfect example of how you badly judge a decent player. He would've made those tackles and he wouldve stood there while the qb completes those passes on him.. Just like King. I don't see how he made himself the frontrunner for the #2 CB spot besides the fact that every other corner we had didn't stand out. You failed to give a decent response in this discussion..

Ok sir if that's what you believe. First off learn what coverage they are in before you judge his play and I'm sorry we don't have 4 Darelle Revis in our secondary. Just rewatched the game like I did 3 times already and you will see why he is the front runner for the job. You should be bashing Powers not King if your going off the game today because King outplayed powers today. Powers was playing press man and getting beat on slants but you fail to mention those plays u just mention the soft man coverage plays King gave up the hitch route on which is what the defense is allowing to give up in that kind of coverage

Ok sir if that's what you believe. First off learn what coverage they are in before you judge his play and I'm sorry we don't have 4 Darelle Revis in our secondary. Just rewatched the game like I did 3 times already and you will see why he is the front runner for the job. You should be bashing Powers not King if your going off the game today because King outplayed powers today. Powers was playing press man and getting beat on slants but you fail to mention those plays u just mention the soft man coverage plays King gave up the hitch route on which is what the defense is allowing to give up in that kind of coverage

I don't need to talk about Powers because our topic is King, isn't it? I dont need to rewatch anything. And you still fail to give me a valid response about Lacey. You could put any CB you want in Kings spot and he will look good (in your eyes)... Because of the relatively easy game Kings had today.. We'll see how he does. But but naming him the frontrunner for the #2 spot is funny. Based off his awesome game today? Where the farthest pass thrown against him was like 7 yards? Or how he was around 6 yards away from the reciever when the ball was cought? It doesnt matter if it was soft coverage he has no break on the ball and will get destroyed by decent teams with a decent vertical passing attack. I can assure you that. Just wait and see. if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to tell you.

I don't need to talk about Powers because our topic is King, isn't it? I dont need to rewatch anything. And you still fail to give me a valid response about Lacey. You could put any CB you want in Kings spot and he will look good (in your eyes)... Because of the relatively easy game Kings had today.. We'll see how he does. But but naming him the frontrunner for the #2 spot is funny. Based off his awesome game today? Where the farthest pass thrown against him was like 7 yards? Or how he was around 6 yards away from the reciever when the ball was cought? It doesnt matter if it was soft coverage he has no break on the ball and will get destroyed by decent teams with a decent vertical passing attack. I can assure you that. Just wait and see. if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to tell you.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha ok

Being a good CB isn't about INTs or passes defended. He got beat quite a bit huh? No, he didn't. He tackled well, stuck close, didn't get beat.

You know who didn't have a lot of tackles? Deion Sanders. You know why? Because he could cover. If you can cover we shouldn't even have to see you tackle, he Is NOT a Starting corner on a good team

You mad, bro?

Not at all I'm just laughing at your response. You act like I said he is a pro bowler to be or something. But by watching this game 3 times he had a solid outing and you act like I said he is a shutdown corner which he is far from

Not at all I'm just laughing at your response. You act like I said he is a pro bowler to be or something. But by watching this game 3 times he had a solid outing and you act like I said he is a shutdown corner which he is far from

Quote me where I said anything like that. Where I even insisted that you think about him like that. This King guys isn't even worth debating over. You win

Quote me where I said anything like that. Where I even insisted that you think about him like that. This King guys isn't even worth debating over. You win

Cause he is the only option we have right now anyway love it or hate it but this is what we have