Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts Might Draft Terrelle Pryor In 2011 Nfl Supplemental Draft

coltsuser21

According to Todd McShay of ESPN, the Colts are one of seven team that have 'some sort of interest' in Terrelle Pryor, the disgraced former Ohio State quarterback who was at the center of a scandal involving improper benefits that ultimately resulted in the firing 'resignation' of head coach Jim Tressel.

Now, McShay was sneaky in covering his butt while reporting on this, saying, 'I've narrowed it down to a few teams, of course, it probably won't be one of these, but these are the teams I've heard have some sort of interest in Terrelle Pryor.'

Now, all due respect to Todd McShay, but that type of language does not give me confidence in the information he is reporting. In fact, the Colts being one of the teams mentioned seemed to catch the attention of the ESPN studio host who was interviewing McShay on the phone this afternoon on SportsCenter. The host asked, 'Why the Colts?' McShay responded, 'Lack of depth at quarterback, and having time to develop someone.'

You hear that, Curtis Painter? The Colts would rather have Terrelle Pryor and his discounted Porsche as their backup QB than you. Funny thing is, as completely unqualified for the back-up role as Pryor is, I actually think he offers more at the back-up spot than Painter.

Personally, I don't think McShay's report is credible. But, who knows? If the Colts take him next week in the 2011 NFL Supplemental Draft, McShay will look like a genius.

My link

i personally believe this would be a good move on the colts part if they actually did draft pryor. low risk, high reward. plus he could learn from the best qb of his generation in peyton. i think they should do this because pryor could become a favorable heir apparent to peyton if he develops well enough to do so.

I absolutely agree with this decision. Listen, like always, we probably aren't going to pick in the top 20 of next year's draft. Manning is getting older, our backup QB situation is atrocious... We need new life at the QB position. It's a miracle Manning has lasted as long as he has with our shoddy o-line. This supplemental draft signing is a great way to circumvent our late draft status and pick up a potentially high-value player.

Bring the man in. Give the man his muuuneeeey!

This would be a complete waste of a draft pick, IMO. Let another team take the chance. I don't believe he has the maturity to be an NFL QB.

he obviously doesn't. and thats why he wont be an nfl qb for 6 years. by that time he'll at least learn lots from the greatest of all time and add a different dimension.

frankly he might be an added wild cat option on 3rd and 1. !!!!!!