Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Signed RB Mewelde Moore

Marcio James

To have a good running game your offensive line does in fact have to create holes. meaning they have to have the brute strength and technique to do so, a running back is only as good as there offensive line....well unless your Barry Sanders and your moves have moves lol, Thats why I would like Hicks to get some time at Guard so he can prove he can play, theirs no question the strength and physicality is their, his technique while not perfect isnt bad in my opinion after watching him, I just dont think Reitz has the strength, I think Hicks next to Satele would make for one very physical offensive line

Hicks will get some time in preseason, and if 'he proves he can play' he'll be the starter. I don't think the coaches or the front office care about draft status or salary or anything like that. I love Hicks bio and his measurables, but he's very raw.

Hicks will get some time in preseason, and if 'he proves he can play' he'll be the starter. I don't think the coaches or the front office care about draft status or salary or anything like that. I love Hicks bio and his measurables, but he's very raw.

I agree, he is raw, he needs to improve footwork and keep his head on swivel, Im probably just getting over excited about his physical play but seeing the tape its sure hard not to

Well, Mewelde Moore has a heck of a lot greater chance of helping us win games next year than David LeGree.

First off now that everyone is in camp that is two more qbs...and no reason to have LeGree around. Only so many balls to be thrown. He helped us run our drills and we will be forever greatful...ok little too much sarcasm.

29, so he isn't too too old, but he is starting to get up there. RBs (and most football players for that matter) tend to decline when they hit 30.

30 is ancient for a running back...but a running back that has as few career carries as Moore he is basically like in his prime lol.

only thing that should matter is he was good in minnesota and pittsburgh and he played for the colts OC in pittsburgh. i can see carter possibly being gone if he dont step it up.

Very good fit for us and I agree...a grinder and someone that gets the most out of every play/yard.

Adds a veteran runningback to the mix. Solid signing.

Agreed. Outside of Brown we didn't really have a vet at the position. Can really help teach the backs what Arians want them doing...where the protections should go...and so on. Great teacher!

Overall this guy is productive...plenty left in the tank...can clearly help the young backs learn the system. I think he has a great chance to make the team. I think it eliminates Karim and Evans clearly from making the squad. Practice squad for those two for certain now. Carter I think could be likely to get cut as well but it just depends on how many backs we keep. I think Brown and Ballard are pretty safe just because of what we have invested and what they have shown on the field. Carter perhaps...he basically has to beat Moore out and I just don't see that happening....unless this guy comes in out of shape or not willing to do what he is asked this guy has relegated Carter to fourth string.

Love the signing!

Hopefully he isn't on the 30 yr old decline, but I can't wait to actually get back to seeing him as our RB, coming out of the backfield and CATCH A PASS!!!! I was screaming for that last year! I think he's a great fit.

I'm not sure why everyone is so upset Addai left...? He is good at dancing, and pass blocking. Whoopie.

Love the signing!

Hopefully he isn't on the 30 yr old decline, but I can't wait to actually get back to seeing him as our RB, coming out of the backfield and CATCH A PASS!!!! I was screaming for that last year! I think he's a great fit.

I'm not sure why everyone is so upset Addai left...? He is good at dancing, and pass blocking. Whoopie.

Maybe we should ask HOF Rams RB Marshall Faulk to spend a few days at Colts training camp in order to evaluate our ground game & our ability to catch the ball out of the backfield too. Just thinking out loud.

Wow, are things really so bad in Colts camp that people get excited about a 29 year old RB who has managed to start 15 games in his 9 year career?

To reiterate my stance, I am not against the Colts signing any veteran, especially to one year deals, those type of deals are low risk/high possible reward situations that can only either benefit a team or at worst, not help. So I don't think it's a bad signing. But I'm also not going to take his signing as one of the current running backs are in trouble or not impressive. If that were true, the Colts would sign Moore and get rid of that RB. In this case he was sitting there doing nothing, Arians knows him and probably suggested they bring him in for a look and that is what they have done.

I think he will be used more as a KR/PR than a RB. Though if you look at his accomplishments on Wiki, there are some impressive feats on there.

Just a few of them:

• Holds Vikings record with a 10.5-yard career punt return average.
  • One of only two players in team history (David Palmer) to have 2 career punt return TDs.
  • Owns 2 of the 10 longest punt returns in team history with his pair of 71-yard TDs.
  • The Vikings are 4–0 in games when Moore runs for 100+ yards.

Good depth....sounds versatile