Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

P-Money on twitter?

DILLIGAFER

Na, i doubt it, but it was still a good idea. Wish he did though. Kinda hard when you have an old school flip phone.. come on now Peyton, get a brick phone. ;)

https://mobile.twitt...DenverManning18

I doubt it's real, but considering he was taking an ipad around with him full of videos from Duke, and the film work he puts in I'm guessing he's more tech savy than a lot around here.

Yeah they asked him on one of his first Denver radio interviews. He actually sounded pretty disgusted at the thought

I sincerely hope so Daisymay. The idea of Peyton Manning on Twitter simply repulses me. He's too smart for that nonsense IMO.

To those that rely on Twitter for entertainment purposes or fast breaking news about your favorite player or team mate, by all means continue to use this medium as a resource tool of course. No disrespect intended. Twitter is useless to me, serves no rational purpose, & will always be an enigma to me in terms of why so many people seem fascinated and or enamored with it. To each their own, I guess.

This was a couple of years ago so obviously opinion might have changed but Peyton emailed Peter King about those accounts.

Last week, Manning sent me this e-mail: "Peter, wondering if you could do me a favor. This twitter, facebook, myspace is a problem for guys like me, Eli [Manning], (see about Ben R. and Cutler). Eli and I do not have a twitter or facebook or myspace account or page. Yet there are imposters out there acting like us. The people at twitter and facebook can't stop it. Our representatives contact them, and they may take it down for a day, but then it pops back up. If you could put something in your MMQB that these pages for me and Eli are not real, it would be a big help. The more people that know that these are phonies, the better for me, Eli, and whoever. It's just unbelievable that someone could do this and the people at twitter and facebook can allow it. Who knows what these people are posting on the pages is the scary thing. Anything you can do to bring light to it would be great. Thanks, PM.''

Consider light brought.

Sw, i dont think its an enamored thing with twitter. Its a way for us common folk to interact with the athletes we may never get to know. So if thats your stance, are robert mathis, jacob tamme, dwight freeney, gary brackett and austin collie just looking for attention?

I dont think they are. Their intentions are pure.

Sw, i dont think its an enamored thing with twitter. Its a way for us common folk to interact with the athletes we may never get to know. So if thats your stance, are robert mathis, jacob tamme, dwight freeney, gary brackett and austin collie just looking for attention?

I dont think they are. Their intentions are pure.

Mannings the Man,

I respect you & I no issue with any player or fan that wants to interact with their loyal followers. I just don't see the need to know what a player ate for lunch in the team cafeteria, how 7 on 7 drills went today, how rehab is going along & progressing, or what CD is playing in their car stereo at the moment. I don't play fantasy football either so I don't need instantaneous access to medical reports or free agent signings or roster cuts moments after they transpire. That's just me I guess.

Call me old school or ancient perhaps, but do legions of twitter followers lead to lucrative contracts for athletes? True, it may add in popularity, celebrity recognition, & jersey sales. However, tremendous mastery of the playbook & execution on the field usually means that a player's 2nd contract will be a large & handsome one. Twitter does not translate into BIG new contract/signing bonus money to me.

For those people who enjoy twitter, fine. But, there are those people who don't see the relevance in it like me. Newspapers, blogs, & the official website get me all the information on the Colts I need in addition to NFL Network & ESPN too.

For those people who enjoy twitter, fine. But, there are those people who don't see the relevance in it like me. Newspapers, blogs, & the official website get me all the information on the Colts I need in addition to NFL Network & ESPN too.

Do you realize that you can follow all those outlets (and more) on Twitter? Do you know what an RSS feed is? You can use Twitter as a mobile RSS feed that links you to stories about subjects you're interested in, from outlets you're interested in. Whether that's news, weather, sports, etc. It can be a communications hub for you.

You don't have to use it to follow athletes and celebrities, or even your friends. You don't have to use it at all. But it's interesting to hear someone be so dismissive of it (even calling it repulsive) and then talk about the usefulness of all these other things that Twitter can make it easier for you to access, all in one place.

Do you realize that you can follow all those outlets (and more) on Twitter? Do you know what an RSS feed is? You can use Twitter as a mobile RSS feed that links you to stories about subjects you're interested in, from outlets you're interested in. Whether that's news, weather, sports, etc. It can be a communications hub for you.

You don't have to use it to follow athletes and celebrities, or even your friends. You don't have to use it at all. But it's interesting to hear someone be so dismissive of it (even calling it repulsive) and then talk about the usefulness of all these other things that Twitter can make it easier for you to access, all in one place.

Speed of information isn't always indicative of thoroughness and elaborate comprehension or painstaking attention to detail. Immediate gratification is not always a good thing. Yes, I am aware of what RSS feed is. I appreciate the sales pitch on Twitter Superman, but like I said before quickness to information is not synonymous with reliability, objectivity, and accuracy of said information either. Real primary and secondary researchers know this. [No, I am not questioning your intellectual prowess or keen judgement Superman. Call me "dismissive" to your heart's content. I could care less. For me, it's all about the quality not quantity of information.

Twitter is not my cup of tea plain and simple. Please refrain from telling me the virtues of this medium when I have seen it directly and do not wish to partake in it. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Speed of information isn't always indicative of thoroughness and elaborate comprehension or painstaking attention to detail. Immediate gratification is not always a good thing. Yes, I am aware of what RSS feed is. I appreciate the sales pitch on Twitter Superman, but like I said before quickness to information is not synonymous with reliability, objectivity, and accuracy of said information either. Real primary and secondary researchers know this. [No, I am not questioning your intellectual prowess or keen judgement Superman. Call me "dismissive" to your heart's content. I could care less. For me, it's all about the quality not quantity of information.

Twitter is not my cup of tea plain and simple. Please refrain from telling me the virtues of this medium when I have seen it directly and do not wish to partake in it. Thank you. Have a nice day.

So touchy.

It's not a sales pitch, and I'm not talking about getting information from other people. I'm talking about the same articles you see on the websites you visit, but at your fingertips. It's not about speed either.

Feel free to ignore it to your heart's content. It doesn't matter. I'm just curious whether the people who are so upset at the advent of Twitter understand that it's not just a social party.

So touchy.

It's not a sales pitch, and I'm not talking about getting information from other people. I'm talking about the same articles you see on the websites you visit, but at your fingertips. It's not about speed either.

Feel free to ignore it to your heart's content. It doesn't matter. I'm just curious whether the people who are so upset at the advent of Twitter understand that it's not just a social party.

Ironic, I didn't think I was being overly sensitive or "touchy" at all. I thought I was quite cordial and courteous myself. Clearly, you & I differ on the influence & role of Twitter as an information gathering resource. Speed & volume is precisely the issue, not to mention the credibility of the information posted there. Okay, Twitter is a 1 stop central hub of information. So what? I swear so many people have no patience today. Does everything have to be at their finger tips just a mouse click away? Here once again Superman, we will agree to just disagree & move on.

Nice conversing with you Superman. I look forward to more debates and discussions with you down the road.

Ironic, I didn't think I was being overly sensitive or "touchy" at all. I thought I was quite cordial and courteous myself. Clearly, you & I differ on the influence & role of Twitter as an information gathering resource. Speed & volume is precisely the issue, not to mention the credibility of the information posted there. Okay, Twitter is a 1 stop central hub of information. So what? I swear so many people have no patience today. Does everything have to be at their finger tips just a mouse click away? Here once again Superman, we will agree to just disagree & move on.

Nice conversing with you Superman. I look forward to more debates and discussions with you down the road.

No, I fully agree with that (the bolded).

Like I said, I'm not promoting Twitter. I'm not a big time Twitter user. But I follow some things that are useful to me, so when I'm checking my feed (usually if I have an idle minute or two), it's all information that I find relevant. It's not "I just had Thai food and now I'm stuck in the bathroom" from some random "celebrity." It's stories on ESPN.com, breakdowns and analysis from the writers at Pro Football Focus and Football Outsiders, etc. Has nothing to do with speed, just efficiency and convenience.

It's not surprising that so many people have a negative view of Twitter, because it's often viewed as an extension of the celeb-obsessed media.

No, I fully agree with that (the bolded).

Like I said, I'm not promoting Twitter. I'm not a big time Twitter user. But I follow some things that are useful to me, so when I'm checking my feed (usually if I have an idle minute or two), it's all information that I find relevant. It's not "I just had Thai food and now I'm stuck in the bathroom" from some random "celebrity." It's stories on ESPN.com, breakdowns and analysis from the writers at Pro Football Focus and Football Outsiders, etc. Has nothing to do with speed, just efficiency and convenience.

It's not surprising that so many people have a negative view of Twitter, because it's often viewed as an extension of the celeb-obsessed media.

In fairness to you, I apologize if I mischaracterized your opinion or perspective regarding Twitter. I know that you were just trying to point out useful aspects to Twitter that I might not be familiar with or aware of. [Not right to end a sentence with a preposition is it? All the teachers in my family are shaking their heads at me right now.] haha Clearly, there are some nice components to Twitter. Not every new medium is without it's accolades I suppose. Point taken Superman. Well said.