Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why did Irsay tweet this

Ohio Colt

I can honestly say that I have never seen you post anything positive, what gives?

Personally I love Irsay. I would much rather have an owner who interacts with his fans but knows where his place is. Would you rather have Jerry Jones as the owner? Perhaps Al Davis or his son.

Sorry man I don't mean to put you on blast but man the old saying if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all should be something you should consider before you post.

I will consider that...perhaps I am uptight about how the organization has fallen off and the direction they went in. That said what I love about this board is that if you give an informative opinion based on facts or careful observations you get very good conversations around here. I appreciate everyones opinions...positive and negative. I have had plenty of positives to say...just not many about Irsay. Fact is we were 2-14 last year and have had some pretty below standard draft choices in the past few years combined with letting go of one of the classiest, hard working, productive qbs this league has ever seen doesn't sit well right now. I am hopeful of a return back to relevance and exciting football but there is no proof that will happen. I am not an optimist or pessimist...I would consider myself a realist. I don't get overly excited over signing journeymen players or other teams backups. I don't get excited over hyped rookies. I look at their skills and try to be real about what to expect. Right now we don't have very many good players on this team. Are we headed in the right direction? Yes, I believe we are doing as good a job as we can given the circumstance...but I'm never a super high...or super low guy. I just state my opinions. As we improve and show our growth on the field I am sure I will have more positives to say...we just have a long way to go in my book.

That said...per the topic I don't care for Irsay's personality. I believe he comes off in the same vain as some of those owners you mentioned. I much prefer the Rooney's, Krafts, and Mara's ownership style. You probably won't get too many positive comments from me about Irsay. It isn't just him but tweeting and the clamor for the spotlight in general these days with everyone wanting camera time that bothers me. Guess I like my strong, quiet type that have that sense of professionalism.

I will consider that...perhaps I am uptight about how the organization has fallen off and the direction they went in. That said what I love about this board is that if you give an informative opinion based on facts or careful observations you get very good conversations around here. I appreciate everyones opinions...positive and negative. I have had plenty of positives to say...just not many about Irsay. Fact is we were 2-14 last year and have had some pretty below standard draft choices in the past few years combined with letting go of one of the classiest, hard working, productive qbs this league has ever seen doesn't sit well right now. I am hopeful of a return back to relevance and exciting football but there is no proof that will happen. I am not an optimist or pessimist...I would consider myself a realist. I don't get overly excited over signing journeymen players or other teams backups. I don't get excited over hyped rookies. I look at their skills and try to be real about what to expect. Right now we don't have very many good players on this team. Are we headed in the right direction? Yes, I believe we are doing as good a job as we can given the circumstance...but I'm never a super high...or super low guy. I just state my opinions. As we improve and show our growth on the field I am sure I will have more positives to say...we just have a long way to go in my book.

That said...per the topic I don't care for Irsay's personality. I believe he comes off in the same vain as some of those owners you mentioned. I much prefer the Rooney's, Krafts, and Mara's ownership style. You probably won't get too many positive comments from me about Irsay. It isn't just him but tweeting and the clamor for the spotlight in general these days with everyone wanting camera time that bothers me. Guess I like my strong, quiet type that have that sense of professionalism.

Maybe I just haven't seen enough of your posts :thmup:

Amen Dgambill. Amen. You are not a negative person just a practical NFL evaluator & I, for one, respect you for that. Thank you DG. :thmup: I am glad to know that I am not alone in preferring my owner to remain in the background outside the shimmering glare of the national spotlight too.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 2, 2012 - inappropriate/implying drug use
Hidden by Nadine, June 2, 2012 - inappropriate/implying drug use

He looks high as a kite in that pic lol

I tend to agree with Lollygager on this one. This picture is very unflattering IMO. It doesn't scream cool to me...More like a police mug shot & the Betty Ford Treatment Center. It screams drug rehab to me. :facepalm:

People, it is not ok to imply illegal activity by anyone. Not each other, and not ownership/management.

A number of post have been removed from this thread.

Please do not discuss illegal activities on our forums.

Every registered member agrees upon registration not to use these forums to post material or topics which are knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually graphic or lewd, physically threatening, invasive of another's privacy or otherwise in violation of any law, including stalking or otherwise harassing individual members

Personal attacks are not Allowed. We will not tolerate personal attacks. While you may argue about the football-related actions, decisions or comments of an individual, you may not attack the individuals themselves. The Ownership, Coaching, Players, Staff and all members should be afforded the same respect as one another.

I will apologize if I offended anyone. My opinions on Irsay I will try to keep to myself. It is very hard not to get annoyed by his tweets and his flashy persona for me. I appreciate this board for letting me air my opinions...even negative ones of the team.