Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

is luck going to be on madden 13?

colts1993

Ride a bike.... I just don't get teh whole gaming thing.

I have never owned "any game system" . Ever,,,,,

But I was a champion at Defendor, Stargate, and Burgertime. In 1982,

But, back then I had to WALK to the mall. Totally diff time.

Oh well..

Well...it's a kind of stereotype that anyone whom plays games must be a sun-deprived shut-in. I have more hobbies than time, and I definitely squeeze in some Madden time after work, when the weather is crappy etc...

It's just about the only game I ever play, actually. Often me and my friends will get together and bet on games, sometimes as much as $20 per game. Good fun for football nuts.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...it's a kind of stereotype that anyone whom plays games must be a sun-deprived shut-in. I have more hobbies than time, and I definitely squeeze in some Madden time after work, when the weather is crappy etc...

It's just about the only game I ever play, actually. Often me and my friends will get together and bet on games, sometimes as much as $20 per game. Good fun for football nuts.

An old and tired stereotype - if you've touched a controller you've never touched a breast. Of course this, like all stereotypes, isn't true, but it's a pretty funny one.

An old and tired stereotype.

Of course this, like all stereotypes, isn't true, but it's a pretty funny one.

meh...I've played Madden since day 1. Like some 20+ years. Always managed to do that and get in plenty of outside and/or social time. People dog on EA Sports for the state of the Madden franchise, some of it well deserved since the exclusive rights deal. I feel much of this just comes from the idea that there is no competition and people don't like that lack of choice.

But I think people are too fast to forget the pioneering efforts that made Madden what it is. They were the first to incorporate 22 players on the field. As well as the use of the overhead view and the live broadcast feel to the game. It has changed more than people give credit for over the years. Defense used to be in a sorry state. "Bombing" was out of control for years, and they did well to address this exploit.

you think 31? You dont know how old you are?

"I am not old either I think. 31."

31 was after my sentence. I meant like I am not sure if 31 is considered old on the internet or how old the general population is who plays these games.

Classic case of internet not conveying what I was saying lol.

"I am not old either I think. 31."

31 was after my sentence. I meant like I am not sure if 31 is considered old on the internet or how old the general population is who plays these games.

Classic case of internet not conveying what I was saying lol.

LOL. It looked like you said you thought you were 31, and no 31 is not old. I also am 31

Cam Newton looks like Cam Newton on Madden, Im looking at his face on their now

It's common knowledge. It was a generic face scan. It wasn't cam newton. 100s of other players in the game have that same face my man. Do some googling. I can provide you with links to confirm it if need be.

It's common knowledge. It was a generic face scan. It wasn't cam newton. 100s of other players in the game have that same face my man. Do some googling. I can provide you with links to confirm it if need be.

Links

Meh, I see improvement in the game every year. I don't see why people expect monumental leaps when you look at other games that build over and over on the same tired engine. It's called profitability. In order to make money, they have to re-use that engine several times and stick to fixing errors within where they find them. Add some polish over the years, etc. etc. Basically, if you compare the catching or running action from 2010 to 2013, you'll likely find a good amount of difference. You won't find a whole heckuva lot of difference between 2011 and 2012, but there will be some.

Sports franchises are basically required to be issued out every single year for the roster updates. Not every game is released on a yearly basis, but sports games are. That being said, they still find some innovations and tweaks to make for each release. They may not be much, but they're generally worthwhile.

My biggest gripe with the game is poor team management from the AI perspective. I often pick a cellar dwellar team (like the Colts this year) and then wind up finding Tom Brady in the FA pool. That kinda thing doesn't happen often. I also get annoyed with a team like the Titans drafting a new top 10 QB at 40 some odd million to put behind or in front of Locker, the year after Locker was drafted. I generally end up using the player edit feature to move them to a different position and give them respectable attributes for their draft position. IE - If they draft a 6'5" 225lb QB, I move him to WR and get him an overall rating of 80.

To me, the flaws in the game are easily avoidable. Those of you who speak of trading aging vets for surefire up and comers... Here's an idea, if it doesn't seem realistic to you, don't do it. It'd be rather tricking to get all of that logic figured out. But, you can bet, if the Pats through Brady on the trade block, teams would come calling. Problem is, the pats won't do that, so if you're running a team, don't put him a franchise type player on the waiver wire to acquire a young talent.

Meh, that's my take on it. I enjoy the game. I wish 2k sports still had their product, but the NFL agreed to the exclusive rights deal. I am stuck with one product because of them, not because of EA. EA was simply smart enough to pay for it.

Game was better 10 years ago on the last generation ps2. Game has gotten progressively worse.

Meh, I see improvement in the game every year. I don't see why people expect monumental leaps when you look at other games that build over and over on the same tired engine. It's called profitability. In order to make money, they have to re-use that engine several times and stick to fixing errors within where they find them. Add some polish over the years, etc. etc. Basically, if you compare the catching or running action from 2010 to 2013, you'll likely find a good amount of difference. You won't find a whole heckuva lot of difference between 2011 and 2012, but there will be some.

Sports franchises are basically required to be issued out every single year for the roster updates. Not every game is released on a yearly basis, but sports games are. That being said, they still find some innovations and tweaks to make for each release. They may not be much, but they're generally worthwhile.

My biggest gripe with the game is poor team management from the AI perspective. I often pick a cellar dwellar team (like the Colts this year) and then wind up finding Tom Brady in the FA pool. That kinda thing doesn't happen often. I also get annoyed with a team like the Titans drafting a new top 10 QB at 40 some odd million to put behind or in front of Locker, the year after Locker was drafted. I generally end up using the player edit feature to move them to a different position and give them respectable attributes for their draft position. IE - If they draft a 6'5" 225lb QB, I move him to WR and get him an overall rating of 80.

To me, the flaws in the game are easily avoidable. Those of you who speak of trading aging vets for surefire up and comers... Here's an idea, if it doesn't seem realistic to you, don't do it. It'd be rather tricking to get all of that logic figured out. But, you can bet, if the Pats through Brady on the trade block, teams would come calling. Problem is, the pats won't do that, so if you're running a team, don't put him a franchise type player on the waiver wire to acquire a young talent.

Meh, that's my take on it. I enjoy the game. I wish 2k sports still had their product, but the NFL agreed to the exclusive rights deal. I am stuck with one product because of them, not because of EA. EA was simply smart enough to pay for it.

Game was better 10 years ago on the last generation ps2. Game has gotten progressively worse.

I've played the game you're speaking of, and you couldn't be more wrong. Course I suppose you'd probably say Atari is a better gaming system than the 360, Windows 98 is better than Windows 7, and a bunch of other stuff without any specifics to back it up.

Everyone complains that the game doesn't change enough. The reality is, in order to make a big change, they have to drop everything and start over. When they do that, people like you seem to think that all the polish on the old antiquated engine is better than the brand new engine that allows more than 1 player to be involved in a tackle. To each their own I guess.

They'll put Cam in the game this year Gavin. They have to. But Luck? I'd say 5% chance or less.

This is just outright *ic. First you tell us that Madden 02 was better, then you try to suggest that the #1 overall pick won't be in the game. Sorry, I've played them all, and in every season, the top picks are there. Occasionally there is a missing draftee, but that is fixed with a roster update (provided by EA), as are mid season roster changes.

This is just outright *ic. First you tell us that Madden 02 was better, then you try to suggest that the #1 overall pick won't be in the game. Sorry, I've played them all, and in every season, the top picks are there. Occasionally there is a missing draftee, but that is fixed with a roster update (provided by EA), as are mid season roster changes.

read the whole thread not just the last post; and you would know the context. Of course luck will be in the game but it will be a generic face scan who looks like 100's of other players in the game.

Guess I missed that bit.

read the whole thread not just the last post; and you would know the context. Of course luck will be in the game but it will be a generic face scan who looks like 100's of other players in the game.

Guess I missed that bit. In any case, they'll have the important bits right. 6'4", 235, Caucasian with a right throwing arm. They'll probably have the throwing motion mostly accurate as well. The face may be generic, it may not. From what I've seen, non-generic faces tend to have more odd eagle eye looks than others.

Guess I missed that bit.

Guess I missed that bit. In any case, they'll have the important bits right. 6'4", 235, Caucasian with a right throwing arm. They'll probably have the throwing motion mostly accurate as well. The face may be generic, it may not. From what I've seen, non-generic faces tend to have more odd eagle eye looks than others.

Eh, you're just expecting less and letting the developers be lazy. Every face in the NBA is scanned on their NBA 2k games and every face in MLB for MLB the show. Madden team is lazy and makes a bad game.

I don't see how that's remotely possible

It's definitely possible. Every year now gamers trade in their madden copy after a few weeks hoping to recoup some value. On the playstation 2 versions of the game I would play it into the summer months, with franchises that went sometimes 10 seasons long.

They've gotten lazy and have developed in many ways a broken or unplayable game. The info is out there if you do your homework to tell you what I mean and the ways that they've started to ruin a once proud tradition.

Even in their selling taglines this year they said "we know what you're thinking, same old Madden. Well not this year!". Yea, good start there guys.

Eh, you're just expecting less and letting the developers be lazy. Every face in the NBA is scanned on their NBA 2k games and every face in MLB for MLB the show. Madden team is lazy and makes a bad game.

It's definitely possible. Every year now gamers trade in their madden copy after a few weeks hoping to recoup some value. On the playstation 2 versions of the game I would play it into the summer months, with franchises that went sometimes 10 seasons long.

They've gotten lazy and have developed in many ways a broken or unplayable game. The info is out there if you do your homework to tell you what I mean and the ways that they've started to ruin a once proud tradition.

Even in their selling taglines this year they said "we know what you're thinking, same old Madden. Well not this year!". Yea, good start there guys.

Funny that you'd call it unplayable. Madden is the one game that gets "stuck" in my Xbox. That is, until the next year rolls around and I grab the next version.

Is the Madden dev team lazy, I don't think so. I can't seem to figure what is missing that was so much better 10 years ago? Training rookies and getting attribute hikes after running them through drills... I suppose that was nice, but I think they did one better by giving younger players more significant rating hikes as they progress. IE instead of the typical 3-4 point overall increase, you can see a 6-8 point increase if a player deserves it. They focus on the game play, which can be a fault to some, but to me, that's where 90% of their customer base is interested. I love messing with teams in franchise mode, and while there may be a shortcoming or two, the game play more than makes up for it. Guess that's just me though.

Course, I probably don't know anything despite playing each Madden an hour or two a week, every week until the next one is released. Going into franchises 10 or more seasons on the "crummy" Madden 12. I must not be doing something right if I enjoy the game, eh?

And I've played enough of NBA 2K10, 2k12, etc. to know the difference from one to the next is minimal. Just more polish, updated rosters, and a new style of dunk here or there. Considering they are setting up a roster of 5 starters vs. an NFL roster of 22 (offensive/defensive, not counting ST), I'd say EA has a lot more work that they're doing than other franchises.

I've done more than enough homework on Madden , I've played everyone of them since 2002. The only 1 I didn't

Ike was the first 1 for the 360. That was terrible.

This I think I can agree with.

I actually bought my first 360 to get that game. Had it for less than a week and was annoyed. Just so happened, the Xbox up and died within that timeframe and I brought it back to the place I bought it and they gave me a full refund for everything (open game and all).

A short time later, gave it a try again and haven't stopped picking them up. I suppose it has more to do with football than anything, but I think each year has seen some improvement. More fluid animation, more tweaks in franchise mode, better presentation, etc. etc.

This I think I can agree with.

I actually bought my first 360 to get that game. Had it for less than a week and was annoyed. Just so happened, the Xbox up and died within that timeframe and I brought it back to the place I bought it and they gave me a full refund for everything (open game and all).

A short time later, gave it a try again and haven't stopped picking them up. I suppose it has more to do with football than anything, but I think each year has seen some improvement. More fluid animation, more tweaks in franchise mode, better presentation, etc. etc.

I think my biggest disappointment was the lack of presnap options, i like changing plays and individual assignments. Sometimes i just pick a base formation and customize the play at the line. So this Madden didnt even seem like Madden to me. Actually the 2nd one on 360 still had problems too. The 3rd try was a charm.

I think my biggest disappointment was the lack of presnap options, i like changing plays and individual assignments. Sometimes i just pick a base formation and customize the play at the line. So this Madden didnt even seem like Madden to me. Actually the 2nd one on 360 still had problems too. The 3rd try was a charm.

Thinking back, it may have been the 2nd one that I tried.

I can't remember which one it was, but there was one where all the players looked like they were jacked up on steroids. That one was comical. It is nice to see that they have that in check.

If Luck is not in the game, Madden will almost certainly still include an unnamed representation of him as the Colts' starting QB as they have done in the past with other players. There is about a 0.000000000000000000000000000001% chance of him not being in the game.

The only way he wouldn't be included is if he refuses to sign with the NFLPA. I doubt that happens.

One instance where this is seen is with Belichick. I have '08 and haven't bought one since, so it might have changed, but I believe Belichick isn't part of the NFL Coaches Association, so he comes up as NE Coach.

One instance where this is seen is with Belichick. I have '08 and haven't bought one since, so it might have changed, but I believe Belichick isn't part of the NFL Coaches Association, so he comes up as NE Coach.

Lavar Arrington is the most recent player with any name recognition that didn't sign with the NFLPA to start with which limited his appearance in Madden and card sets among other things.

Lavar Arrington is the most recent player with any name recognition that didn't sign with the NFLPA to start with which limited his appearance in Madden and card sets among other things.

Yep, those were the two guys I was specifically thinking of. On a slightly related note, LaVar Arrington is a bum and a horrible, horrible radio personality.