Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free agent veteran CB's

Scott21

Therefore, they usually aren't as fast as regular corners, but are more quick and agile so they can keep up with the slot WR as he makes his breaks. Right?

they gotta be versatile because their going to be more involved in run support as well

I think our Corners should just play the season out as is, to see what we really have and then get Xavier Rhodes in the draft next year, signing a band aid is pointless at this point, play with what we got get high picks in the draft next year and spend it on defense and a Guard and wide receiver to take Waynes place when he retires

they gotta be versatile because their going to be more involved in run support as well

That makes sense, since they are closer to the LOS.

So regular corner - faster, worse tackler

Nickel corner - slower, quicker/more agile, better tackler

Is that a correct basic comparison of the two?

Has anyone asked why they were released? I admit, I don't know everything about the NFL but teams usually don't release player at this point in the offseason if they are players that can help a team win. They may release them at the start of the offseason or before a roster bonus is due but rarely do they just wake up one day and say, "you are no longer wanted on this team." Buffalo I can somewhat understand getting rid of Florence because they draft Gilmore in the first round. But the Jags drafted no replacement for Coleman, he was released because the new coach watched game film of him and decided they could do without him.

But as I have said in previous threads, I think any veteran is worth a one year because then they come in and compete and if they are good they get a spot, if not then they are released and very little cap harm.

Has anyone asked why they were released? I admit, I don't know everything about the NFL but teams usually don't release player at this point in the offseason if they are players that can help a team win. They may release them at the start of the offseason or before a roster bonus is due but rarely do they just wake up one day and say, "you are no longer wanted on this team." Buffalo I can somewhat understand getting rid of Florence because they draft Gilmore in the first round. But the Jags drafted no replacement for Coleman, he was released because the new coach watched game film of him and decided they could do without him.

But as I have said in previous threads, I think any veteran is worth a one year because then they come in and compete and if they are good they get a spot, if not then they are released and very little cap harm.

Bills released Florence because they drafted Stephon Gilmore and i dont know why they released Drew Coleman either Florence is the best option if Grigson really wanted to bring in a veteran thats a proven starter in this league but hey im not in Grigson's head

Pagano has a Excellent history developing secondaries. I expect Grigson & Coach have their eyes on every teams secondaries and will be prepared to make a move for what they believe are their kind of players.

Even One Solid CB pickup would be a big help for this season. Would expect they make a move for a DE and an Inside linebacker that fits the system.

Of course we want to have high hopes, but with so much to learn, as they say, there is a big jump from year 1 to year two.

Perfect opportunities for the Colts to bolster the secondary: The Jags released Drew Coleman, and the Bills released Drayton Florence. One or both of these veteran corners would be a solid boost to the Colts depleted secondary, especially Coleman, if nothing else for one season. Thoughts?

http://www.rotoworld...rayton-florence

I would welcome the Florence signing