Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suggs likely out for the season

FightLikeSin

Jason La Canfora reports :

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs has torn his Achilles and will likely miss the 2012 season, a source with knowledge of the situation said Thursday.

Suggs was working out and doing drills in Arizona, which is his normal offseason plan. It's a huge blow for the pass-rush hungry Ravens, who will be without the reigning defensive player of the year.

pick up basketball game??? or millions of dollars???

lets plays some hoops.....

So our football players just not supposed to do anything? Just go to practice and then come home and do nothing? Monte Reagor got hurt in a car accident a few seasons ago. Driving????? or millions of dollars????? Lets drive....

That sucks that Suggs went down. I hate to see any player get hurt.

not exactly the case. no athlete lives in a plastic bubble in the offseason. S&^t happens.

conflicting reports now...yea i bet... prolly trying to avoid that clause in his contract...

for millions of dollars, i'd live in a bubble for 4 months out a year

So our football players just not supposed to do anything? Just go to practice and then come home and do nothing? Monte Reagor got hurt in a car accident a few seasons ago. Driving????? or millions of dollars????? Lets drive....

That sucks that Suggs went down. I hate to see any player get hurt.

read above...

yup. Throw him right into the fire. That's the position/role he played at Alabama. Shouldn't be too bad.

its true though, Suggs was the pass rusher he didnt do a whole lot else, he isnt a big drop back in coverage guy like Ray Lewis and neither is Upshaw they pretty much will do the same thing but may not get Suggs type of sack numbers although Im not putting it pas Upshaw, the guy is pretty dang good, I woulda liked to get him

It does.

Honestly, I like seeing other teams lose weapons. I'd hate to see a Colts player get hurt...but everyone else and I'm like ehhh.

And now in my Star Wars dude voice: "You may fire when ready"

anything that improves our chances im all for

Dont read to much into it guys its gonna take a whole heck of a lot more then Suggs going down to take them out of contention besides it has no bearing on us anyway, we dont play them this year at all

Dont read to much into it guys

I appreciate the subtle downplay but no....he is their stud rusher. I'm gonna take it at that.

its gonna take a whole heck of a lot more then Suggs going down to take them out of contention

I don't think it'll take them "out" of contention but it does have the chance to affect how much they contend.

besides it has no bearing on us anyway, we dont play them this year at all

Not if we go to the playoffs. :) I don't want to see that guy lazered in on Luck. ;) I got 99 problems but Suggs aint one!

I appreciate the subtle downplay but no....he is their stud rusher. I'm gonna take it at that.

I don't think it'll take them "out" of contention but it does have the chance to affect how much they contend.

Not if we go to the playoffs. :) I don't want to see that guy lazered in on Luck. ;) I got 99 problems but Suggs aint one!

playoffs?! :lol:

Paul Kruger, Sergio Kindle(was the top olb in the draft who got hurt and didnt play a down his rookie year and was a 2nd round draft pick in 2010 from Texas), and Courtney Upshaw will all rotate in and fill the roll of Terrell Suggs

The Ravens will be fine. Don't forget. They STILL have the best QB in the league. Flacco might put up 6,000 yards this season.

Back to life. Real life. I love the AFC North and I believe the Steelers and Ravens, both, are looking at their last few years up top that division, if that time hasn't passed already. The Bengals are on the up. It was a huge blow to the Ravens.

My playoff prediction of Eagles/Packers vs Pitt/Texans in the SB will loom large now. :)

I will take Packers/Texans then.

Which means we get Steelers/Eagles to torture me.

You are right, this is a year all the breaks might fall the way of PITTSBURGH AGAIN. They are always getting those fortunate breaks when they make a SB run and it is already starting.