Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyler Goodson

coltsin06

Need to start getting this guy more carries. He's clearly a better back than Sermon and had nearly twice as many rushing yards on less than half the attempts. 8 carries for 51 yards for Goodson and 18 carries for 29 yards for Sermon. At the very least he should be promoted to the #2 running back behind JT and give him 20-25% of the carries on gameday to give JT a breather. What you guys think?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We just need better RBs in general. JT is great when he's on the field, but he's unreliable. I hope we pick up a good one in the draft this off season. Preferable someone who does something different than run up the gut...

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

We just need better RBs in general. JT is great when he's on the field, but he's unreliable. I hope we pick up a good one in the draft this off season. Preferable someone who does something different than run up the gut...

agreed. Goodson, is good. but not great. We definitely miss Moss.

One of those guys we should've spent a little extra to keep. 

45 minutes ago, coltsin06 said:

Need to start getting this guy more carries. He's clearly a better back than Sermon and had nearly twice as many rushing yards on less than half the attempts. 8 carries for 51 yards for Goodson and 18 carries for 29 yards for Sermon. At the very least he should be promoted to the #2 running back behind JT and give him 20-25% of the carries on gameday to give JT a breather. What you guys think?

I think Sermon is a better blocker...other than that, I prefer Goodson. 

32 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He has way more burst and isn’t as indecisive as Sermon.

Colts fans are still biased against him for his 4th and 1 drop vs Texans last year but yeah, he’s definitely a more decisive back than Sermon, especially for going outside the tackles.

• Like 1

This is what life is all about. He said last year after the drop vs Texans it wouldn’t happen to him again and is making the most of his opportunity. Happy for the guy and for the record he should be RB1 when Taylor is out and RB2 when Taylor is healthy.

• Like 1