Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taking a poll on Richardson and everyone's views...

Anthony Richardson  

111 members have voted

1. 1. This forum is so divided on Anthony Richardson, I wanted to take a poll. Do you think Richardson will still be our starting QB in 3 years, yes or no. Do you think he will be a high caliber QB in 3 years, yes or no? Feel free to comment on why you chose your answers!

• Yes he will still be our starter in 3 years
    • No he will not be our starter in 3 years
    • Yes he will be a high caliber QB in 3 years
    • No he will not be a high caliber QB in 3 years

18 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Today in the colts podcast they had a woman on who has helped with the broadcast crew last two weeks. She had such a good point. AR was always the biggest fastest athlete in middle and in HS. Even in college that was the case. She said he has never learned to take hits or avoid hits and that is going to have to come with more playing time.

The difference between college and pros is night and day and every pro will confirm that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I said I don't think he will be out starter in 3 years .. not because I don't want him. But the NFL doesn't seem to have patience anymore. 

I could definitely see that scenario also. He keeps getting banged up or his numbers are just meh and they'll pull the plug after next year and everyone gets canned.

1 hour ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I'm in the same boat... There have been a LOT of QBs come to the NFL with all the talent and potential in the world, but it just didnt work out for them in the NFL.     Richardson has the arm and the size, even outstanding athleticism... but how many seasons are the owners/other players/coaches etc willing to be bad, while we wait and hope that he becomes a good player?      The college game doesnt do the players or the NFL any favors these days....they USED TO develop players to get them ready for the NFL...now players are drafted on potential because they dont play in an NFL style system in college (QBs, offensive tackles etc)

I just don't really remember seeing a QB struggle to make certain passes like AR has...at least not a QB meant to be a QB1 or franchise QB. Sure you will see 2nd and 3rd string QBs that can't do it in the NFL, but that's often the expectation.

And if you do see it, that plug is often pulled sooner than later. Nothing we can do about it, but I can't change my instincts on it either.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I actually think AR has a better offense around him Allen had. He might even be ahead of where Josh was as a rookie. 

AR is not the reason they are losing games either. You all are acting like he is trash and losing colts games. Defense is responsible for this record. Bears game is the only game you can say the vets stepped up.

You are creating strawman arguments. People are just saying he hasn't played well. And that's a factual statement. And because he has not played well, it could very easily lead to them losing games. Just because it hasn't happened yet (and I would actually say that's exactly what happened in GB) doesn't mean it's not a risk going forward.

1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

You are creating strawman arguments. People are just saying he hasn't played well. And that's a factual statement. And because he has not played well, it could very easily lead to them losing games. Just because it hasn't happened yet (and I would actually say that's exactly what happened in GB) doesn't mean it's not a risk going forward.

No it isn’t a factual statement.

The same people who are trashing AR are the same people who said Pierce stunk and needed to be gone. Look at Pierce now chuckling homer simpson GIF. Pierce is averaging 28.6 a catch the highest by any player through 5 games in 20 years. The negative and skeptic people have 0 patience. Let AR play out the season and see where we stand. I posted on here that it would take Pierce 3 years before he became good, that is the norm, it even took Reggie that long.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No it isn’t a factual statement.

With how we measure QB play, yes it is. Even an objective platform like PFF who grades QB play, instead of just using metrics, seems to agree.

He has made some great plays and has had some flashes, the but the overall play has not been good. The offense has not been good either with him.

I am not trying to pile up on AR. But to refuse the idea that he has struggled is nothing more than confirmation bias and denialism. 

I don't know what your opinion of AR was before he was drafted. But I know the opinion of many you follow on Twitter. And I am skeptical they will ever change their stance...no matter what evidence, metrics, etc. are presented.

1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

With how we measure QB play, yes it is. Even an objective platform like PFF who grades QB play, instead of just using metrics, seems to agree.

He has made some great plays and has had some flashes, the but the overall play has not been good. The offense has not been good either with him.

I am not trying to pile up on AR. But to refuse the idea that he has struggled is nothing more than confirmation bias and denialism. 

I don't know what your opinion of AR was before he was drafted. But I know the opinion of many you follow on Twitter. And I am skeptical they will ever change their stance...no matter what evidence, metrics, etc. are presented.

He's played 9 games. Look at how good Sam Darnold looks now, now that he has a team around him. I even wrote him off as did everyone else. 9 games are nothing to judge anyone on.

5 hours ago, Solid84 said:

There's no chance we're playing another QB than AR unless the Colts lose faith in AR and thankfully they have a lot more patience than us fans when it comes to playing rookie QBs. Injuries happen, it is what it is.

Derek Carr just went down with the same injury AR got and it looks like he might be out longer from their HC's comments. Suppose he's soft too?

AR's health is leading to another qb starting and it has nothing to do with AR's play at this time. I dont  throw around terms like soft. He is injury prone and that will be his label until he can stay in there for an extended period of time. I was all about giving AR the year and live through his ups and downs. The big issue is that I am not really getting much of an opportunity and  neither are the Colts  to see if in fact he is "the guy". He needs to stay healthy for an extended period of time. For example if he plays this week and say gets hurt again after being our starting qb for a short period of time.  You can bet the  whispers will get louder in the FO, amongst players and coaches  and they will all  start to question "is he that guy"? Everything has been kept pretty quiet with regards to AR and his injury history. I would also bet that if it happens again, you may actually see stuff start to get leaked to the media.  As much as I loved the pick and want  him to succeed. This in and out of the lineup cannot continue much longer.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The same people who are trashing AR are the same people who said Pierce stunk and needed to be gone. Look at Pierce now chuckling homer simpson GIF. Pierce is averaging 28.6 a catch the highest by any player through 5 games in 20 years. The negative and skeptic people have 0 patience. Let AR play out the season and see where we stand. I posted on here that would take Pierce 3 years before he became good, that is the norm, it even took Reggie that long.

Since you are clearly directing this at me...

It's been 5 games. He's played great, but criticism of AP was valid. None of his critics said he wasn't a viable deep threat...because we have seen him have games like this before in his career. He's always had the ability to get behind the defense at times.

But let's see where he is at season's end before we start acting like this is some sustainable thing or he's this stud WR. I hope it does, but even JAC managed to shut down the deep ball until they just decided not to cover (Colts pass catchers or the spread) at the end of that game.

Saying AP has played well is sort of the same thing as saying AR has struggled. It's just an observation of a small sample of games. We shouldn't be jumping to conclusions based off of it. But we do have our hunches. All of it will play out. And until he shows improvement, criticism is valid. 

But we are comparing apples to oranges. AR is meant to be a franchise QB, who was taken in the top 5. AP is a R2 WR (probably the WR3 on this team). There are vastly different standards for each player. And right now, AR has not been playing well. Not to mention he gets hurt all the time. Nobody was questioning AP's health either.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's played 9 games. Look at how good Sam Darnold looks now, now that he has a team around him. I even wrote him off as did everyone else. 9 games are nothing to judge anyone on.

Yeah, but Darnold was meant to be a bridge QB. He has 66 games on 3 other teams of average to bad QB play though.

If we aren't judging AR on 9 games...we probably shouldn't judge Darnold on 5 games on a very good team. He's not the future in MIN either.

And it's not like the Colts have the luxury to wait until AR in his 7th season. 

If anything, guys like Darnold an Mayfield support the approach they were taking with Wentz, which is an approach that nearly all Colts fans have since disparaged (including myself).