Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Game 4, against a pretty darned good def... AD Mitchell will...?

Chucklez

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that despite the fact that we are coming up against one of the best defenses in the league this coming weekend, I think its the game that AD Mitchell announces his arrival in the NFL.

In games 1 and 2, he was a couple of overthrown balls and a drop or 2 away from having some big big contributions. Game 3 AR was all out of funk and it was an overall weird weird weird game.

I think this week the Steelers are looking at Pitt, Downs and Alec Pierce (btw Alex Pierce!). This is the game that AD gets his single coverages and makes those catches, and it starts to look more like it is coming together for him.

He an AR need to get on the same page, but I don't think its too far away from him making some big plays for us.

Overall I think we probably lose this game, but AD might be a lowkey feel good narrative coming out of a loss. 

What's your take?

• Like 3

Would love to see it and it starts with more playing time.

I think he definitely has the talent and missed having a huge game in week 1.  Concern is that Mitchell was the odd man out once Downs came back last week, getting just 11% of snaps, 10% of routes and only 1 target.

Even Dulin played 26% of snaps.

I think AD is the odd man out without an injury to MPJ/AP/Downs. And to be fair, he hasn't really done anything to earn those snaps and targets over someone like Pierce, who is playing well. And he doesn't play slot, so he's not taking Downs' spot. And they aren't taking MPJ off the field.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that despite the fact that we are coming up against one of the best defenses in the league this coming weekend, I think its the game that AD Mitchell announces his arrival in the NFL.

In games 1 and 2, he was a couple of overthrown balls and a drop or 2 away from having some big big contributions. Game 3 AR was all out of funk and it was an overall weird weird weird game.

I think this week the Steelers are looking at Pitt, Downs and Alec Pierce (btw Alex Pierce!). This is the game that AD gets his single coverages and makes those catches, and it starts to look more like it is coming together for him.

He an AR need to get on the same page, but I don't think its too far away from him making some big plays for us.

Overall I think we probably lose this game, but AD might be a lowkey feel good narrative coming out of a loss. 

What's your take?

All depends on AR

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

I think AD is the odd man out without an injury to MPJ/AP/Downs. And to be fair, he hasn't really done anything to earn those snaps and targets over someone like Pierce, who is playing well. And he doesn't play slot, so he's not taking Downs' spot. And they aren't taking MPJ off the field.

I agree.  When Mitchell was drafted, he was expected to compete with Pierce for a starting role.  Pierce is doing very well this year, and he has earned the starting spot.  You don't want to take him out.  Pittman and Downs have the other two spots.  Mitchell is only going to show up in 4 receiver sets, or in specialized situations using is specific skill set.  He's just gonna have to wait his turn, and beat the man in front of him.

• Like 1