Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hillarious stat. I bet you won’t believe this

Ok...first the debby downer: those numbers are maybe misleading and meaningless. We played the Packers with Malik Willis at QB and didn't win. Titans are a mess,we knew that before the season. Jaguars, well little bit surprising, but tough schedule so far.

Texans,a surprise that they lost to Vikes.

At the end of the day, only wins count.

The positive take: Encouraging stat and something to build on. It SHOULD convert into more wins in the future.(At least within our division).

2 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

Ok...first the debby downer: those numbers are maybe misleading and meaningless. We played the Packers with Malik Willis at QB and didn't win. Titans are a mess,we knew that before the season. Jaguars, well little bit surprising, but tough schedule so far.

Texans,a surprise that they lost to Vikes.

At the end of the day, only wins count.

The positive take: Encouraging stat and something to build on. It SHOULD convert into more wins in the future.(At least within our division).

At least we aren’t giving up huge points to bad QB. I saw someone mention this and I was like this can’t be true. Sure enough it is. lol. It’s really too small of a sample to really get much out of. Because with only 3 games it’s who everyone has played.  But the point was is I was shocked it’s true because the vibe really didn’t feel like that. 

• Like 1

Texans had a bad game versus the Panthers last year too, gave Frank Reich the only win, remember?

So, these early season numbers don't mean much w.r.t how good OR how bad we are. Like Ballard and Steichen said last year, they evaluate 1 quarter at a time and it is very clear we have not played at our true potential.

There will be games we were supposed to win that we don't and games we were supposed to lose that we don't, and until game 17 is done, the season should be alive for the Colts since their roster is a competitive one. The QB play will be the one that decides if it is a 7 win team or 10 win team, when it is all said and done.

It does help when Sunshine in Jacksonville is stinking it up and Will Levis, he's now leading the league in turnovers (8) and pick-sixes (2) through three contests. But like I said, it is a LONG season.

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Texans had a bad game versus the Panthers last year too, gave Frank Reich the only win, remember?

So, these early season numbers don't mean much w.r.t how good OR how bad we are. Like Ballard and Steichen said last year, they evaluate 1 quarter at a time and it is very clear we have not played at our true potential.

There will be games we were supposed to win that we don't and games we were supposed to lose that we don't, and until game 17 is done, the season should be alive for the Colts since their roster is a competitive one. The QB play will be the one that decides if it is a 7 win team or 10 win team, when it is all said and done.

It does help when Sunshine in Jacksonville is stinking it up and Will Levis, he's now leading the league in turnovers (8) and pick-sixes (2) through three contests. But like I said, it is a LONG season.

It’s too small of a sample. By about game 6 we will have a better feel on where teams stand. I just find it funny because it defintely did not feel like this was the case.

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I just wish for more substantial achievements.  It keeps from getting over excited about mediocrity.

Look up the word HOPE.   because without it you have nothing   Not just for this team but life in general