Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kicking game

joeb

Matt Guy is not worth 5 mil. a year. I think the kid on the practice squad (schraeder) is the solution. He was money all camp. This guy is constantly missing a field goal or 2 a game. Yea I know he made the 4 kicks in the Ravens game last year. He's not getting it done.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’ll say he’s just coming back from surgery so that might have something to do with but yes for what he’s getting paid he’s not performing.  

Given that Shrader has kicked as well as he has and is still on the PS, I was kind of surprised they were in such a hurry to rush Matt Gay back onto the field after his surgery.

I’d understand it more if Shrader had struggled.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

Given that Shrader has kicked as well as he has and is still on the PS, I was kind of surprised they were in such a hurry to rush Matt Gay back onto the field after his surgery.

I’d understand it more if Shrader had struggled.

They’re trying to justify that big contract. Not working.

11 minutes ago, HOZER said:

They’re trying to justify that big contract. Not working.

I'm sure that's part of it and I wouldn't say that's entirely illegitimate.  They're paying this guy a lot of money -- they want him on the field if he can be on the field.  And they said on the radio broadcast that he looked great in warmups.

And maybe the surgery had nothing to do with him missing the kick.  Who knows?  I just don't think it's worth risking it when you have a kicker who has so far been good on the practice squad.

That said, I'm far more worried about other things than our PK situation.  I'm mostly griping about it just to pile on.

• Like 1