Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Season -- Week #2 All Around the NFL game discussion

NFLfan

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pitt is up 13-3, they are simply better than Denver. Your favorite QB won today and beat Mayo Man, Rodgers is back Moon Walk Dance GIF

Lol. Levis impressed me at times but he makes some boneheaded plays. He will make his teams lose games that they should win.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That's a bummer. I was hoping the Bengals would win. But the Chiefs don't look unbeatable to me.

They haven’t, most of the time. They just know how to win close games when they matter. Too eerily similar to the Tom Brady led Patriots against better teams. 

They almost lost to the Bills last year in the playoffs and Allen missed a TD AND their kicker missed a FG. Same thing vs 49ers and Eagles in the SB. Same thing happened with Burrow and Bengals in 2022 AFCCG

Call it a hunch - Ravens miss a TD with a pass break up by Patriots defender in 2011 AFCCG and Billy Cundiff misses a game tying FG to send the Patriots to the SB they lost to the Giants. Flacco and Ravens come back next year and beat the Patriots in their house.

Flash forward to 2023, same with Bills in 2023 about 12 years later and I feel they are the ones that will keep the Chiefs from the 3-peat

• Like 1

The Vikes play the Texans next week and Green Bay the week after. The Colts have played both. What do Colts fans think of them? Is Green Bay that good where they can play without their starter? I'm more afraid of the Texans. We play them in Minnesota.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

@NFLfan Congrats on the the Win the Vikings are looking good so far.

Thank you. Let's hope that continues. The defense has us optimistic. The free agents that we added (Andrew Van Ginkel, Blake Cashman, Gilmore, and others) are playing very well. I'm not a fan of adding more than one or two free agents, but they have contributed in a great way.

• Like 1

Justin Fields is 2-0 wow! steelers still have no offensive line, no receivers, no QUARTERBACK, their secondary is a sieve, defensive line is ssssslllllloooooowwwwww, but they are 2-0 playing a guy at qb whose career qbr is around 30. Sometimes  I guess you don't need talent to win in the nfl. All you Ballard dissenters need to become steeler fans and watch them slosh through a game and try to figure out how they win, I'll bet you can''t. The closest I can figure is the opponents just roll over and play dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

Justin Fields is 2-0 wow! steelers still have no offensive line, no receivers, no QUARTERBACK, their secondary is a sieve, defensive line is ssssslllllloooooowwwwww, but they are 2-0 playing a guy at qb whose career qbr is around 30. Sometimes  I guess you don't need talent to win in the nfl. All you Ballard dissenters need to become steeler fans and watch them slosh through a game and try to figure out how they win, I'll bet you can''t. The closest I can figure is the opponents just roll over and play dead.

Coaching!

Injury News:

Isaiah Pacheco -- out 6-8 weeks (fractured fibula)

Cooper Kupp -- may "miss extended time" and go on IR (ankle injury)

Puka Nacua -- out at least 4 weeks

Jermaine Johnson (Jets) out for the season

Justin Jefferson -- day to day (Quad)

Deebo Samuel to miss a couple of weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5772330/2024/09/16/deebo-samuel-49ers-calf-injury?source=user-shared-article

The Carolina Panthers are awful. I'm glad I am not a fan of theirs. They should trade Bryce Young. Both Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold are playing better with other teams than they did in Carolina. I think if Young goes to a better system, he will do better.

• Like 1

NLFfan, the Vikings will have a challenge playing the Texans. I won't say they will lose, because anything can happen, but CJ Stroud is the real deal. The Texans have a good defense and offensive weapons. They might make mistakes or Stroud could have an off day. Minnesota and Darnold need to bring their best game. 

What's the latest on Justin Jefferson? He was injured this week. Hope it's not serious. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

NLFfan, the Vikings will have a challenge playing the Texans. I won't say they will lose, because anything can happen, but CJ Stroud is the real deal. The Texans have a good defense and offensive weapons. They might make mistakes or Stroud could have an off day. Minnesota and Darnold need to bring their best game. 

What's the latest on Justin Jefferson? He was injured this week. Hope it's not serious. 

Oh yeah, I am worried about the Texans. They have a loaded team and are well coached.

Jefferson is day to day. He said he will play on Sunday.

No score in the Falcons @ Eagles game after one quarter. Eagles had a chance for a chip shot FG but went for it on 4th Down. They missed.

Barkley is averaging about 9 yards a carry. Almost all his runs have been for at least 8 yards. One was for about 4. Eagles went away from the run and it hurt them.

11:30 in the 2nd Quarter: Atlanta is up 3-0.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

QB play has taken a nosedive this season... Maybe NFL should start caring about playing preseason again.

Tom Brady was right, QB play is very bad and continues to trend downwards.

Part of it is due to colleges focusing less on development and more on immediate results. No one has time to wait for these kids to figure offenses out or learn how to make reads. The offensive line crisis is also getting worse. Defensive players are getting stronger and faster year after year, but lineman are remaining mostly the same, and again aren’t really being developed. 

We almost need a minor league between college and the NFL… 

Watching field generals command the offense is dead. This is the future… 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

No score in the Falcons @ Eagles game after one quarter. Eagles had a chance for a chip shot FG but went for it on 4th Down. They missed.

Barkley is averaging about 9 yards a carry. Almost all his runs have been for at least 8 yards. One was for about 4. Eagles went away from the run and it hurt them.

11:30 in the 2nd Quarter: Atlanta is up 3-0.

Captain Kirk took Philly out with a 70 yard drive at the end The Original Series GIF by Star Trek

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Oh yeah, I am worried about the Texans. They have a loaded team and are well coached.

Jefferson is day to day. He said he will play on Sunday.

If you guys were able to beat the 9ers, then you’ll be able to hang with anyone in the league. Looking forward to Sunday! Didn’t realize JJ was hurt, but hope he recovers well! I DON’T hope he goes off against us like he did San Fran though 😂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The Carolina Panthers are awful. I'm glad I am not a fan of theirs. They should trade Bryce Young. Both Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold are playing better with other teams than they did in Carolina. I think if Young goes to a better system, he will do better.

A meddling owner is never a good ingredient when you’re trying to make a recipe for success. I saw that Bryce was benched…I doubt this will be for good, but man is whatever little confidence he has gonna take a huge hit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qwiz said:

A meddling owner is never a good ingredient when you’re trying to make a recipe for success. I saw that Bryce was benched…I doubt this will be for good, but man is whatever little confidence he has gonna take a huge hit. 

The head coach said on Sunday that Bryce remains the starting QB. All of a sudden that changed the day after. I believe the owner is responsible for that. I would hate being the head coach there.

Vikes fans feel bad for Adam Thielen.

2 hours ago, Qwiz said:

If you guys were able to beat the 9ers, then you’ll be able to hang with anyone in the league. Looking forward to Sunday! Didn’t realize JJ was hurt, but hope he recovers well! I DON’T hope he goes off against us like he did San Fran though 😂

Thank you. Me too. I hope it is a competitive game. JJ said he is fine. I hope Addison will play. He did not play in the 49ers game. You team has so much fire power.

How is Hunter doing?

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. Me too. I hope it is a competitive game. JJ said he is fine. I hope Addison will play. He did not play in the 49ers game. You team has so much fire power.

How is Hunter doing?

Hunter is game changing right now. He literally wrapped himself around Caleb Williams so badly on a sack that it looked like he ate him. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• #1: JT could possibly go off and score a game winning TD, something that is not wanted.   #2: Maybe make a rift with JT OR start out something like 0-5 and season is lost anyway and explore trade possibilities to more preferable teams and get out from his contract. I have no idea what are ramifications of his contract if traded. Just throwing it out there and possibility #1 is more realistic BUT wouldn't a team like KC, Pittsburgh, etc... use  him better than the colts?   
    • Its a idea but not fair to AR. Having the misfortune to be drafted by a sub par franchise AND THEN traded to a even worse one. 
    • Yeah, but otherwise the colts are in looking good. 
    • @John Hammonds   John more of a follow-up to your recent reply post.  Notre Dames' players draft stock to me are on a big decline this year from last year and so is Michigan.   Your Round 1 pick of CB Benjamin Morrison is probably around my 25th best DB so far with a 64.8 overall season grade.  Gone from a Day 1 pick to Day 3.   Round 2 WLB Danny Stutsman is among the top 10 this season.  Yahoo Sports released a recent article giving him a 73.2 PFF grade on 156 snaps after 3 weeks and R9 on the Sooner team.   PFF lists Stutsman with a 78.4 overall season grade.   Round 3 pick of FS Rod Moore has more questions needing to be answered as he hasn't played yet this year due to a torn ACL in practice.  With all the Colts injuries am shying away from players with priors now that Brents is done, again. Another flag to me where he missed some time in 2023 for an undisclosed reason.   RG Will Fries off to a hot start and needs to have his contract extended before end of 2025 season if he continues strong play. RT Braden Smith is the weakest link. Got a contract work to our advantage to move him (trade/cut). RT Matt Goncalves – still need to see more to be sold on him as our future starter.  Draft options do like Grey Zabel played multiple positions in college and now starting LT seemed to do well against Colorado.  Jonah Savaiinaea, Armand Membou, Ajani Cornelius is very risky-penalty prone. WR Michael Pittman Jr appears to have that “I got paid” but still not happy mentality after two weeks.  End of 2025 potential trade or going to step up his game? DT Grover Stewart isn’t getting any younger and hard to find a gem like him.  Walter Nolen is a Day 1 pick.  Even see about moving Vernon Broughton to NT with his run-stopping abilities.  Omarr Norman-Lott and Gavin Meyer who has flashed in run-support at times make the list.  Joey Slackman whom I was excited to see excel as a transfer student has continued to show his dominance.  Deone Walker who stock imo has dropped below other mentioned and Tonka Hemingway rounds out the list of options for replacement. MLB Zaire Franklin – still not sure why we extended him as he is serviceable not elite like Okereke.  Now seems got to wait until 2026-2027 to move to free up cap space. DT DeForest Buckner – man the Colts can’t catch a break this year with team injuries.  Only expect future of NFL to become more like this pattern of events with less pre-season games and an extended schedule. Edge Samson Ebukam – another tough loss to start the season.  Could be another cap release for 2025.  Some top talented edge rushers could replace him with Umanmielen and Baron. Edge Tyquan Lewis – We got a great tandem on one side of the field but aging players like Lewis and Ebukam need replaced with Umanmielen, Baron, Bogle, Tuimoloau or Juncaj. QB Anthony Richardson is still a WIP.  Wish was more a true pocket passer not a omg run first pass later.  Honestly tried to buy into the hype but like most recent draft QBs see us not extending his contract and look to the 2027 draft to replace him (Raiola). NCB Kenny Moore -can’t ask for much more from a player like him and defensive leader on this team but do have to find a future replacement to groom now.  Is that person on the roster now, FA, or draft one?  Got Jordan Hancock at the top of my list than a big drop off to Andrew Mukuba unless you consider Sebastian Castro for the role between those two. K Matt Gay – another misfortunate events of paying a player who is now injured.  K Dominic Zvada (Arkansas St) is a junior and maybe the best college kicker with 50+ accuracy.  Could Zvada declare early with upside for a team? TE Mo Alie-Cox – love him or hate him he still has been a solid key piece of our offense.  Loveland, Warren, or Ferguson would be similar draft replacements. TE Kylen Granson – coin flip as both MAC and Granson are very similar just a younger version here.  Oronde Gadsden II would be a clone of Granson. SS Julian Blackmon – when healthy has been solid in our current defensive scheme.  Tested FA last year and glad to see him rejoin.  Given his injury history flat out inform he like to resign him but must compete for starting role and may end up as a career backup with strong abilities and chance to start.  In the draft, Emmanwori is my top replacement followed by Sabb, Ransom and Trader Jr. DT Raekwon Davis – should feel very fortunate that the Colt’s medical staff diagnosed his high blood pressure concerns.  Moving from more of a 2-gap system with the Dolphins to our penetration style football hopefully will work out in the end for Davis. Edge Kwity Paye – hoping Paye returns after 2025 and creates solid rotational tandem with Latu.  Obviously, his contract amount will double+. LCB Julius Brents – Injury risk player coming out of college.  Much like Blackmon can’t stay healthy enough to evaluate and be reliable starter.  Can see the Colts draft another option hoping for a solid 1-2 backup plan.  Travis Hunter is a Day 1 option with ability to play WR-Z role. Looking at Johnson, Hill, and McCoy early and Grimes as a deeper 3-4 option. TE Jelani Woods – another victim of the injury bug but has potential.  Wish can stay healthy because liked what we saw in limited camp. WR Alec Pierce – I been pro-Pierce for a while many have been down on him.  Pierce has potential and has shown what he is truly capable of after first two weeks when given a chance.  Should continue to have a home with the Colts after 2025.  We just drafted Gould who should have a role on offense.   Draft could consider Tai Felton, Pat Bryant, or Jerjuan Newton. SAF Nick Cross – hoping the transition to FS pays off for the Colts.  After first two games seems to be working out. FS Rodney Thomas - Jahdae Barron top starter pick depending on how Cross does or if we decide to move him back to SS.  Robert Spears-Jennings if he declares is making a name for himself after 3 weeks. Tamarion McDonald or Sebastian Castro as potential upgrades.  Xavier Watts still not sold on him seemed to miss too many tackles in 2023.  Hunter Wohler was initially very high on in the off-season, and he disappointed against Alabama and dropping farther down on my list. OT Blake Freeland – hoping he can vastly improve his game in year two much like Will Fries has done.  LT draft options, Grey Zabel, Michael Tarquin, Jalen Rivers, Josh Simmons, J.C. Davis.  Jack Nelson is an option at LT but 13 penalties in 2023 is a big issue or Marcus Bryant could be options. OC Ryan Kelly – back to being one of the top 5 centers in the NFL.  Concussion history is a concern and age are another. Draft could see us draft Jake Slaughter or Jacob Gardner.  Connor Tollison, if he declares early, would push Slaughter as top center in the draft. OC/LG Tanor Bortolini – still early what his future role is.  Didn’t like his penalty history in college. LDT Adetomiwa Adebawore – very athletic for his weight.  Still think he should drop 20-30 pounds and move to Edge compete with Avery as 3rd spot.  Draft, do like T.J. Sanders, Rayshaun Benny, and Jordan Burch.  Convert Vernon Broughton to more 4-3 left side role than his 3-4 RDT. RCB Jaylon Jones – is off to a bad start much like the rest of the team after two weeks.  Seems to be another issue of concern with our defense.  Shavon Revel would be a Day 1 pick after that a major drop off to Day 3 options of Jason Marshall Jr., Jabbar Muhammad, Azareye’h Thomas, Benjamin Morrison. WLB EJ Speed – Collin Oliver is a Day 1-2 prospect.  Smael Mondon Jr. was on my watchlist with strong potential and already against Clemson and Kentucky is proving to be a top replacement on Day 2 as is Barryn Sorrell (still haven’t found his grades against Michigan and wasn’t listed as one of the top players.  Jamon Dumas-Johnson had solid outings against Southern Miss and South Carolina but let me down against Georgia.  Jack Kiser had high hopes for as well to start this season and Week 1 was off to a strong start holding ranked Texas A&M to just 3.8 yards per carry then dropped off against Northern Illinois and Purdue.  D’Eryk Jackson had a good day against South Carolina and struggled against a good Georgia team with his tackling and run defense.  While both Barrett Carter and Harold Perkins Jr. are lucky to be draft on Day 3 after 3 weeks. MLB Zaire Franklin – decent but not good-to-great as Okereke was.  Jay Higgins would be a Day 1-2 option but am concerned with his timed 40-yard might be too slow against NFL players. MLB Cameron McGrone – another player on IR.  Bryce Boettcher is a newcomer for me making a case as one of the top MLB in the draft currently behind Jay Higgins after 3 weeks.  Francisco “Kiko” Mauigoa and MLB Carson Bruener who since 2022 has excelled in coverage with an 84.3 grade, second among Power Five LBs (Jay Higgins #1) are strong candidates.   Pretty much an accumulation effort of my draft notes and players grades after 3 weeks in college and outlook for the Colts roster.  Without paying content to get a full player workup and google not returning what I am looking for can make a person go mad trying to constantly update these players.  Too many players where I have them but can't find any data for them to capture where they fall in the upcoming draft class.  With 100+ pages too time consuming to continue researching daily between my normal job duties.     Why we leave it up to the professionals to draft for us.  Oh, wait how has that worked out for us this year?  Anyways, continue to be arm-chair GMs.   Enjoy All  
    • The Future is Bright !!!
  • Members

• Kirie89

Kirie89 6

• LJpalmbeacher2

LJpalmbeacher2 5,553

• Solid84

Solid84 7,449