Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp Aug 15th 6 pm joint practice

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

That was sarcasm I figured all the “subtle” hints referencing that game would have made that clear but I guess not.

Haha sorry. It was late and my brain, what little function it normally has, was reduced 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Playing AR behind a 2nd String OL and 2nd String WRs wouldn’t be helping him. Against 2nd string D Players trying to impress enough to make their team…. Good way to get him hurt, possible late hits, , IMO.

That wouldn’t happen.  If AR played the rest of the starting offense would play.  That also probably factored into him not playing as well.

i would be less concerned about late hits, that’s not going to impress NFL coaches and frankly would hurt someone’s chance to make a team.  I’d be more concerned about teaching AR he can get away with things he can’t against lesser competition than he will see once the season starts.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Uhhh is that maybe what the joint practices were for? Plenty of reps vs another team. Whether it's on the practice field or preseason game is irrelevant. 

And to say he is rusty because he did not light the world on fire in two series (7 snaps) is a bit extreme. He has seemed to look quite good the last two days from all reports.

This would make a good entry of the Training Camp for Dummies.

On 8/15/2024 at 8:00 PM, ColtsLegacy said:

Uhhh is that maybe what the joint practices were for? Plenty of reps vs another team. Whether it's on the practice field or preseason game is irrelevant. 

And to say he is rusty because he did not light the world on fire in two series (7 snaps) is a bit extreme. He has seemed to look quite good the last two days from all reports.

I’ll also say I don’t think AR is going to succeed or fail this season because he does or doesn’t play a quarter of pre-season football.