Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Preseason Games 2024

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@ColtStrong2013 was telling us yesterday that when teams have joint practices, they won't play starters in the game that follow those joint practices. Coltstrong2013 seems to be right.

Do you think LaFleur will play the starters in the last game?

He may for one series like he did last week against the Browns. Won't have 'em out there for long, if at all.

After that it's all about getting ready for week 1 in Brazil. 

a8jlexwwxhpqo56gt1v4.jpeg.abffc518ba91572e5b4e595721a023b0.jpeg

Let's Go!

2 hours ago, PackersNation said:

He may for one series like he did last week against the Browns. Won't have 'em out there for long, if at all.

After that it's all about getting ready for week 1 in Brazil. 

a8jlexwwxhpqo56gt1v4.jpeg.abffc518ba91572e5b4e595721a023b0.jpeg

Let's Go!

There are some Colts fans in Brazil. They may attend.

@DiogoSales

@BrazilianNinja (he must have changed his name)

1 minute ago, DiogoSales said:

Oh yeah baby, front row in the middle right side.. it cost an arm and a leg but hey, that's why we work right? Hahaha

Hope you have a great experience with it and get to see a fun game!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Oh yeah baby, front row in the middle right side.. it cost an arm and a leg but hey, that's why we work right? Hahaha

I will be at my team's opening game too. They play the Giants and my good friend is a Giants season-ticket holder. I will accompany him. It should be fun.

Enjoy your game!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/11/2024 at 7:26 PM, NFLfan said:

@ADnum1  Has Stetson Bennett played this whole game? I know you are a big fan of his.

Something strange happened. 

He looked completely out of sorts and threw 4 interceptions. 

The long layoff clearly hurt him.

But surprisingly he led the game winning drive at the end of the game with only 11 seconds left.

It was quite shocking

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@ColtStrong2013 was telling us yesterday that when teams have joint practices, they won't play starters in the game that follow those joint practices. Coltstrong2013 seems to be right.

Do you think LaFleur will play the starters in the last game?

yes. Can you imagine the haters that will come out loud if he “rested” starters for 3 weeks and they came out and bombed the first week or two of the regular season?

41 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Work to live not vice versa. I’m a big proponent in saving/investing early and often on auto and keeping a tight budget, just so you can splurge and enjoy the things you want to enjoy. Has to be a balance in life. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

yes. Can you imagine the haters that will come out loud if he “rested” starters for 3 weeks and they came out and bombed the first week or two of the regular season?

Well, the starters played some last week, so no chance of that. 

36 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

if they sat 2nd and 3rd preseason games, it would be 3 weeks between week 1 and 1st ore season game. Actually 4… 

Good luck with all that. The Packers are just fine and all is well. The starters won't be playing in week 2 because there would be only one day of rest between the joint practices and the 2nd preseason game. The starters play extensively in joint practices.

LaFleur will make a decision on week 3 of the preseason at the appropriate time. Most of the next 2 preseason games are for evaluating the bottom half of the roster.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

Good luck with all that. The Packers are just fine and all is well. The starters won't be playing in week 2 because there would be only one day of rest between the joint practices and the 2nd preseason game. The starters play extensively in joint practices.

LaFleur will make a decision on week 3 of the preseason at the appropriate time. Most of the next 2 preseason games are for evaluating the bottom half of the roster.

I don’t need luck on anything, I’m not doing anything other than proving my point to the others on here that think Preseason is ultra important… I wholly agree with everything you just said. 

5 hours ago, DiogoSales said:

Me too, Packers X Eagles should be fun right? Expecting a good game, a lot of eagles fans between my friends.

Might be the only Eagles fans in the stadium.😌 They are expecting about 90% of the stadium to be Packers fans.

download(13).jpeg.e29af69817dd8c18b0356d1d217a4f44.jpeg

Screenshot_20240812-2317202.png.b144740f8f174e37c648b87d31d27270.png

You are correct, should be a great game! Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Torn meniscus. He will have surgery. 😳

Yeah, heard that update earlier. Tough break.

Good new is, it's not like an ACL tear. After surgery, it will take about 8 weeks to recover. Bad news is that the Vikes are stuck with Sam Darnold for the whole season probably. I was hoping to see JJ trot out there in week 4 at Lambeau. Would be a better show than Darnold could put on.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That really sucks... Right after having that preseason game ugh... 

The Football Gods sure like to kick the same teams repeatedly in the groin it seems like.

Worse thing about Darnold is he's just boring... he's like a plain baked potato. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have expected them to finish last.

It's a meniscus tear.  JJ will be there before October unless Sam is playing well.   You guys have good play makers.   Sam may surprise 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's a meniscus tear.  JJ will be there before October unless Sam is playing well.   You guys have good play makers.   Sam may surprise 

I'm less worried about Sam than I am about the rest of the division. We have a strong division.

I hate seeing our QBs go down with injury. It is not career-ending but the injury elicits flashbacks of other QBs going down with knee injuries.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Terribly sorry. 

He looked really good in the preseason game.

Hopefully he comes back in 8 weeks and the Vikes go on a run

• Thanks 1

I didn't watch the video, but from what I gather from other sources, JJ just needs the clean-up or what they call the trim. Much less recovery time, about 8 weeks. The recovery from the full repair surgery can be up to 6 months.

I am irritated because I was looking forward to seeing JJ at Lambeau in week 4. It would be a better game with JJ at QB. Vikings are losing either way, but a more competitive game with JJ under center.

There is zero doubt JJ gives the Vikings a better chance to win games this season than Darnold. JJ was on his way to winning the starting job. This blows. I don't want to hear about how the Vikings will be fine with Darnold. They will not be fine, Darnold sucks. I want the NFC North as strong as possible. I want all teams at their best when they face the Pack. The Green and Gold fears no one. Any team better bring their best or the outcome could be ugly.

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'm less worried about Sam than I am about the rest of the division. We have a strong division.

I hate seeing our QBs go down with injury. It is not career-ending but the injury elicits flashbacks of other QBs going down with knee injuries.

Too many injuries to QBs have been happening way too much. Vikings are in a tough division which makes it worse. Packers and Lions are legit very good. I have never been impressed by Sam, he just isn't good. I really wanted see JJ play because I have been critical of him. I wanted him to prove me wrong. 

• Like 1

JJ McCarthy had surgery today. They did the full repair, so he is done for the year.

Vikings starter: Sam Darnold

Backup: Nick Mullens

Man, that is for sure the worst QB situation in the league, and it's not close.

Good luck in recovery JJ.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@ColtsBlueFL  I know you are a fan of Dr. Chau. This was a very good interview. He talked about JJ McCarthy's meniscus injury and the benefits of having a repair vs having a trim.

Yes, pretty much known I am a fan of Dr. Chao.  I've been away from the day in and day out of football (I did get Sunday Ticket again, though!) for awhile, so barely know Colts status, let alone my old fav team, Minn.  Sad to hear about JJ.

I listened to just over 1/2 the interview. His thoughts were along what I expected.  Docs always take so much into their presentation (and internal bias) to healing solutions. For a sample, IE:  how big the tear, location, patient age and long term considerations, overall health and potentially other factors when explaining them to the patient and team/family.

He stresses he would repair over trim if that case supports it, and I believe it is because I somewhat remember studies having showed it promotes a more complete healing, insures longer term joint function, and reduces chances of arthritis. This seems to apply well to young athletes with potentially long futures. Docs most often will prefer long term solutions over short term remedies that relieve symptoms but potentially increase other risks later.  Fans and potentially teams/coaches prefer shorter recovery solutions... but at what cost down the road?

Anyway, sorry to hear about it and wish JJ the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, pretty much known I am a fan of Dr. Chao.  I've been away from the day in and day out of football (I did get Sunday Ticket again, though!) for awhile, so barely know Colts status, let alone my old fav team, Minn.  Sad to hear about JJ.

I listened to just over 1/2 the interview. His thoughts were along what I expected.  Docs always take so much into their presentation (and internal bias) to healing solutions. For a sample, IE:  how big the tear, location, patient age and long term considerations, overall health and potentially other factors when explaining them to the patient and team/family.

He stresses he would repair over trim if that case supports it, and I believe it is because I somewhat remember studies having showed it promotes a more complete healing, insures longer term joint function, and reduces chances of arthritis. This seems to apply well to young athletes with potentially long futures. Docs most often will prefer long term solutions over short term remedies that relieve symptoms but potentially increase other risks later.  Fans and potentially teams/coaches prefer shorter recovery solutions... but at what cost down the road?

Anyway, sorry to hear about it and wish JJ the best.

Thank you!

After hearing this interview, I was pretty sure we were going with a repair, as we were planning start Darnold this year. This was supposed to be a "red-shirt" year for JJ; so, it makes no sense to rush him back. If this is better for his long-term success, I'm all for the repair. It sounds this was the smart move.

All the best with the Colts this year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He was not going to be the starter although some fans were hoping for that. 

I think he would have been better than Sam even though I am not high on the guy. Sucks this happened, hope for a speedy recovery. Another of example of a drop back pure passer that can be put out for the year and this happened in the 1st game of the preseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he would have been better than Sam even though I am not high on the guy. Sucks this happened, hope for a speedy recovery. Another of example of a drop back pure passer that can be put out for the year and this happened in the 1st game of the preseason.

So this NFL season has started from where it was last year all year - QB injuries....

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm actually very high on him. I like him a lot more now than I did before the draft. He is still only 21.

I might be the only person who thinks Darnold will play pretty well. I'm more worried about our defense and our opponents. We have an incredibly hard schedule this year. Thankfully we start at the Giants. My friend the Giants season-ticket holder said he will be upset if the Giants do not beat the Vikings in the opener. I think that is one of the few games that we might win.

• Like 1

Remember a while ago when I was saying that all NFL fields will be natural grass in 10 years?  Many here said I am nuts to want all natural grass fields. Injuries like this happen much more frequently on turf. The players hate playing on turf. They hate it because of the injuries, and the incredible wear and tear on their bodies. 

So, who gives a damn if you are used to turf in Indy, and think it can't ever change. It will indeed change and you will like it when it does. And Colts players will love it.

No NFL team will ever again be allowed to build a stadium without the ability to have a natural grass field. It can and is done in domes. Existing stadiums like the Bank in Minnie can be renovated to accommodate a natural grass field. And yes, it can and will be done in Indy as well.

Sorry for the rant, but I am sick of players going down more frequently on turf fields.

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'm actually very high on him. I like him a lot more now than I did before the draft. He is still only 21.

I might be the only person who thinks Darnold will play pretty well. I'm more worried about our defense and our opponents. We have an incredibly hard schedule this year. Thankfully we start at the Giants. My friend the Giants season-ticket holder said he will be upset if the Giants do not beat the Vikings in the opener. I think that is one of the few games that we might win.

Vikings will win that game. Sam does have Justin. 

• Like 1