Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Preseason Game #1: Broncos @ Colts, August 11th, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What do fans think about the Guardian helmets? I see that JT and Grandson used them. They don't look great but they may prevent concussions. If they do, they are worth it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jonathan-taylor-among-the-few-nfl-players-to-wear-the-guardian-cap-on-his-helmet-174627165.html

"Jonathan Taylor's helmet looked a bit odd during his first preseason game."

Good for offense, bad for defense. At least that's how I feel. Good to protect the guys getting hit, bad for the guys getting in tackling form (will lead to bad form and more injuries in the regular season, IMO).

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He doesn’t seem to have the mind to play that position though. You have to be a good communicator.

he's 22 and immature. He is a physical beast. I think with some experience, he's gonna be good. I really do

• Like 1

Just now, AKB said:

he's 22 and immature. He is a physical beast. I think with some experience, he's gonna be good. I really do

I think he's a SS. He wants to land hits. We need a true FS. Like really, really need a FS.

• Like 3

Just now, Solid84 said:

I think he's a SS. He wants to land hits. We need a true FS. Like really, really need a FS.

yeah, but it could be worse than blackmon at FS. 

our corner situation is worse way worse IMO, 

1 minute ago, AKB said:

yeah, but it could be worse than blackmon at FS. 

our corner situation is worse way worse IMO, 

I have been on the safety train from day 1. But that was thinking Flowers would be suitable depth. I was wrong. Really wrong. He looks slow, a step behind all game, and not good in technical terms. I now think our safety depth with Thomas (yuck) might be better than cornerback. Both of them are concerning for me.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is in his 3rd year. If he doesn’t have it by now he won’t.

I'm not going to throw out all hope on him just yet. Because he has shown his potential at times. His age is the big factor for me to be patient. This is a big year for him. Of course, he has another year. He's not going anywhere, that's for sure. He's decent depth if nothing else. 

8 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Will players actually be wearing this during the regular season?

I don't know. You will see with JT. I wonder if anyone will ask him. James Daniel of the Steelers was reportedly the first one to play with it on Thursday. I don't think any Vikings players played with that helmet yesterday.

I wonder if these helmets are heavier. If so, that might affect play. I have to read more about it. 

@ColtStrong2013 believes it will hurt defense.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know. You will see with JT. I wonder if anyone will ask him. James Daniel of the Steelers was reportedly the first one to play with it on Thursday. I don't think any Vikings players played with that helmet yesterday.

I wonder if these helmets are heavier. If so, that might affect play. I have to read more about it. 

@ColtStrong2013 believes it will hurt defense.

I do. I was a defensive guy in my playing days, and JJ Watt spoke out about them right off the bat. He is not a fan, and thinks it will lead to false security for players, leading to bigger problems. I agree. Especially from a defensive standpoint. Now, they shouldn't be using their heads to begin with, so it might not hurt at all, if they are focusing on their fundamentals. But I do have concerns with the false security aspect. Makes a lot of sense to me. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shive said:

How they missed that blatant hold on Leo is beyond me. He looked great on that pass rush.

Refs are in preseason form too. There were a few holds on Latu as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Denbow with a miserable effort (horrible tackle attempt). 

Followed up by a nice tackle by Harrison. 

Good effort by Harrison on the follow through to try and strip the ball. Those are things I like to see. 

Poor coverage by Linebacker Anderson. Two steps behind crossing receiver.

Good effort by Harrison on the follow through to try and strip the ball. Those are things I like to see. 

Poor coverage by Linebacker Anderson. Two steps behind crossing receiver.

Harrison always give his all and makes plays

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is in his 3rd year. If he doesn’t have it by now he won’t.

mmmm i don't agree with that, but I understand where you are coming from.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah, I don't think it's an awful thing. It's good evaluation. Can't ask for much more than that in the first preseason game. Can't force a team to keep their 2nds on the field, and they obviously probably wish we would have for their evaluation. I think I'd rather see our 3rds against their 2nds than our 2nds versus their 3rds. 

Yeah, I don't think it's an awful thing. It's good evaluation. Can't ask for much more than that in the first preseason game. Can't force a team to keep their 2nds on the field, and they obviously probably wish we would have for their evaluation. I think I'd rather see our 3rds against their 2nds than our 2nds versus their 3rds. 

Personally I'd rather they gave the 1st and 2nd team more reps. Playing 3rd teamers 2 quarters is putting too much effort into which backups' backups get cut. Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1