Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp 4 pm Aug 4th

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Like someone another team doesn't deem worthy of another contract?

no they had specific players in mind, and are disappointed we didn't sign them. 

simple geometry! 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Diggs signed for 5 million. Now the Barr is set. We will see what happens.

I thought he was going to get a lot more and he’s the one I thought we would sign.  Yes now we will see what happens.  I’m not expecting Simmons though.

• Like 1

I done even want to think about when injuries happen. I mean right now baker is still on this team.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want Simmons but has anyone signed Gilmore? Gilmore is still actually good.

Gilmore is still out there. Colts need to try and get Gilmore and Simmons if they are serious about winning. Waiting for the waiver wire is a mistake. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I done even want to think about when injuries happen. I mean right now baker is still on this team.

Gilmore is still out there. Colts need to try and get Gilmore and Simmons if they are serious about winning. Waiting for the waiver wire is a mistake. 

At this point, I would just take 1.

• Like 1

Titans collecting all these free agents… Historically it doesn’t work. Unless you have a fantastic head coach and QB combination with a strong drafted core (Los Angeles Rams with Stafford / Bucs with Brady / Broncos with Manning). 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Titans collecting all these free agents… Historically it doesn’t work. Unless you have a fantastic head coach and QB combination with a strong drafted core (Los Angeles Rams with Stafford / Bucs with Brady / Broncos with Manning). 

yeah the looks good on paper mantra. 

McCreary is already a dawg of a corner , and he's young. Sneed was highly coveted, and Awuzie is a speed corner who can excel vs deep threats or in the slot. 

none of those guys are really question marks. And then they just added another savvy vet... hard to knock it honestly.

23 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Baker will be cut I am almost sure of it.  The fact he’s back just ugh.

the fact he's even on the roster is appalling. 

• Like 4

I really REALLY look forward to the start of football with the first preseason game and I really REALLY look forward to getting back more regularly on the forum with all you fellow Colts and football fans!

Here is to a great season on the field and on the forum. 😊 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s going to be fun to tell Ballard I told you so at the end of the season.

Is it?

I guess at least you have something to look forward to.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We play good deep passers the first too games two. Might not be pretty.

We also have the best pass rush and the best DL coach (in theory) we have had in years.

We have an amazing in game playcaller on offense, a Top end RB, young athletic freak QB, Talented OL, and more weapons at WR than any year since at least Reggie retired, possibly Marvin....  I think we'll figure out how to maximize our talents and game plan.  For all this preaching about what does and doesn't work in the NFL, "what reactive will get you or won't" etc.  I bet Steichen can figure it out.  He has a voice you know?  I doubt he's just sitting there going "gee, this is all Ballard will let me have on D, sure wish he'd let me have some DB's, but he just keeps saying No!". Lol

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, AKB said:

yeah the looks good on paper mantra. 

McCreary is already a dawg of a corner , and he's young. Sneed was highly coveted, and Awuzie is a speed corner who can excel vs deep threats or in the slot. 

none of those guys are really question marks. And then they just added another savvy vet... hard to knock it honestly.

My point is it needs to all come together to work with a star QB. That’s their biggest question mark at the moment. Like us, it’s more hope than anything proven. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

My point is it needs to all come together to work with a star QB. That’s their biggest question mark at the moment. Like us, it’s more hope than anything proven. 

oh yeah for sure i hear you and agree. i;m just saying their secondary is solid. we'd be happy to have any only of their starters and some of their backups haha

titans secondary additions: 

(they already had McCreary and Caleb Farley both would start over Jones for us)

beijing.png

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is bad 

Wouldn't that be a good thing, if Thomas didn't make the team? As much complaining that goes on about him(a lot, rightfully earned, from me as well), I would think most people would be happy with his departure?

I mean in all reality, I would much rather have:

Blackmon 

Cross

Harrison

Simpson/ or Denbow

Still not ruling out Simpson going back there?

Either way he will be looked to help one of the two rooms.

Brents

Jones

Moore

Flowers

Abraham

Speed/Simpson 

I'm actually more ok with the CB room than most. I like Simpson there as well, but with his versatility and what I see as a bigger need a FS, which is a strong point for Simpson? IDK? I feel he could be better utilized there at this point.

I definitely wouldn't mind bringing in both spots and upgrades are available in Simmons/Tracy Walker + Gilmore/Witherspoon.(Those depth charts do look underwhelming(might not end up being though), an addition certainly wouldn't hurt, no doubt) At the same time, I don't expect Ballard to throw in the towel, on Jones in particular. Bringing in someone to take their playing time can stunt their growth. Seems like Thomas spot could be in jeopardy, but that would mean someone is playing better, which of course is a good thing. Call back from beginning of post.

I'm all for giving out young guys every chance to reach their potential, while knowing that it they don't, the team still has numerous options available to them, if it's just not working, and still will, throughout the season.

Have the options listed above and there are quite a few other names that would be just fine being brought in at any point.

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

oh yeah for sure i hear you and agree. i;m just saying their secondary is solid. we'd be happy to have any only of their starters and some of their backups haha

titans secondary additions: 

beijing.png

And I do agree with you, their secondary is better than ours. 

I also agree with most on here that we need some more help in the backfield. 

I’m just not ready to crown the Titans as a threat in the AFC yet. Now, if Levis can take the next step and develop all bets are off. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

And I do agree with you, their secondary is better than ours. 

I also agree with most on here that we need some more help in the backfield. 

I’m just not ready to crown the Titans as a threat in the AFC yet. Now, if Levis can take the next step and develop all bets are off. 

oh me either. I think we just need a solid, average corner. I don't think we need something spectacular, and ballard might agree. so we are probably waiting for cut-downs. 

the problem is that if this doesn't go well, fans will be mad because everyone will say I told you so. 

My prediciton is 

Texans

Colts

Titans

Jags (I'm very low on Tlaw right now, would take Levis at the current moment if making a roster fresh between the two)

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Wouldn't that be a good thing, if Thomas didn't make the team? As much complaining that goes on about him(a lot, rightfully earned, from me as well), I would think most people would be happy with his departure?

Blackmon 

Cross

Harrison

Simpson/ or Denbow

Brents

Jones

Moore

Flowers

Abraham

Speed/Simpson 

I'm actually more ok with the CB room than most. I like Simpson there as well, but with his versatility and what I see as a bigger need a FS, which is a strong point for Simpson? IDK? I feel he could be better utilized there at this point.

I definitely wouldn't mind bringing in both spots and upgrades are available in Simmons/Tracy Walker + Gilmore/Witherspoon.(Those depth charts do look underwhelming(might not end up being though), an addition certainly wouldn't hurt, no doubt) At the same time, I don't expect Ballard to throw in the towel, on Jones in particular. Bringing in someone to take their playing time can stunt their growth. Seems like Thomas spot could be in jeopardy, but that would mean someone is playing better, which of course is a good thing. Call back from beginning of post.

I'm all for giving out young guys every chance to reach their potential, while knowing that it they don't, the team still has numerous options available to them, if it's just not working, and still will, throughout the season.

Have the options listed above and there are quite a few other names that would be just fine being brought in at any point.

One more thing to add to this....

Lol...dang...I forgot...

Ahhh, got it.

I'm just hoping, some of the negative post, is really just more of a reflection on how good our offensive weapons are.

And working against each other should only help them reach full potential.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Blackmon 

Cross

Harrison

Simpson/ or Denbow

Brents

Jones

Moore

Flowers

Abraham

Speed/Simpson 

If he doesn’t make the team because we got a couple upgrades yes that is a good thing. But it doesn’t look like we are going to fix the safety position.

I think Simpson is getting some of the fallout from all the other young guys just being thrown into the fire. 

Has he had a good camp? @w87r I haven't heard a lot about him, and I couldn't make it to camp this year. 

Edit: Abraham and Simpson could be our dark horse candidates. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he doesn’t make the team because we got a couple upgrades yes that is a good thing. But it doesn’t look like we are going to fix the safety position.

If he didn't make the team, then the team would feel that they got an upgrade. 

Probably how I will look at it, not as a bad thing, that a guy most don't want on the team anyway, doesn't make it.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

If he didn't make the team, then the team would feel that they got an upgrade. 

Probably how I will look at it, not as a bad thing, that a guy most don't want on the team anyway, doesn't make it.

The bad thing is not doing anything and him still being here in more then a backup roll.

1 minute ago, AKB said:

I think Simpson is getting some of the fallout from all the other young guys just being thrown into the fire. 

Has he had a good camp? @w87r I haven't heard a lot about him, and I couldn't make it to camp this year. 

I haven't heard too much, but I think I've saw a few things.

Also, someone that I continually getting mentioned as not getting . mentioned is Pierce. However I have saw all kinds of good things about Pierce. Mitchell too, but I have saw a lot of good stuff on Pierce.

Just now, w87r said:

I haven't heard too much, but I think I've saw a few things.

Also, someone that I continually getting mentioned as not getting . mentioned is Pierce. However I have saw all kinds of good things about Pierce. Mitchell too, but I have saw a lot of good stuff on Pierce.

Pierce and Mitchell. I said it after the last season, Pierce got open often, he just wasn't always targeted and minshew wasn't the best deep ball guy. 

one thing I can say, outside of really just the secondary, ballard has done a good job creating a competitive roster. Pierce and AD are fighting for snaps, we should get the best version of both. 

also I been seeing the stories about AD seeking mentorship from pitt. Despite everyone, including myself complaining about the secondary, I am incredibly excited for this offense, and our young DE

• Like 1