Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Draft Day Colts Updates/Rumors/Discussion

w87r

The roster is sitting at 79 with the three new draft picks. Which means that technically they can only draft and/or sign 11 more players (UDFA) before reaching the 90-Man limit.

Of course, they could hold off on signing the draftees a bit in order to bring in a few more UDFA's for rookie minicamps to evaluate them.

Could also trim a bit off the roster too? A few of the low hanging fruit could be Eric Tomlinson (TE), Terrell Bynum (WR), or Michael Tutsie (S).....

Its REALLY interesting that Ballard could have drafted AD at 46, but were confident enough that someone else wasnt going to grab him while we traded back?

Gutsy move?  Nerves of Steel?, Lucky?

I think I would have just stayed put and taken AD

But then again......  Im just an old dude clacking away on a computer

STILL love the pick

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pkbrux said:

From your previous posts before this one, it seems like you really wanted a CB. I don't understand why anyone thinks its smart to spend a first round pick on a CB when he will be sitting in a soft zone 70% of the time in a Gus Bradley defense. 

There are not many benefits of deploying a defense that was at its heights in 2014 when it is 2024 and been exploited for years now, but one of the few upsides is you do not need to spend premium picks on CBs to make it work, and yet some fans want to spend first round picks on CBs. 🤨

On my list of 7 preferred players I would’ve been happy with the Colts getting with their round pick, 2 were CBs, 5 were not.  I wanted a WR more than a CB.  When coming up with preferred 7 list, I had not considered that the Colts would hold the first pick in the drafting of defensive players.  Thus, I am excited for the DE. Because of the way the draft fell, BPA rightfully trumped what I perceived as need, in that first round slot.

I'm stoked what Ballard has done with these past 2 drafts. I went into the draft of how are we going to beat Jags and Texans. My thought has changed to how are they going to stop us. The rest of this draft I don't see a better TE than what we got. OL and DL stacked. Maybe need another RB. Other than that go all out defense. Lbs, and secondary. 

Side note, I still have hope for Cross, he shows real good flashes that get me excited than he dissappears. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Superman said:

And while I'm not sure what will happen after the draft, there are a ton of veteran corners and safeties still available. Including Justin Simmons and Quandre Diggs, whom everyone wanted on Day 1 on free agency. So maybe we still add some veteran help.

Diggs is interesting.

He keep his name attached to the Colts by commenting on some of these post

Maybe they will look back at signing him, here after the draft? Think good chance of vet signing at CB too.

As far as CBs there are still multiple I like here in the draft. So I imagine here in these first 4 picks(4th-5th).

Tampa

Jackson 

Hart

Abrams-Draine 

Would be ok with any of these guys here in the 4th. I like a couple other guys after them, but more 5th round. Who knows maybe one of these guys make it to the 5th round.

8 hours ago, Superman said:

We also have one 4th round pick, and then three 5th rounders all bunched up from #142 to #155. Ballard already traded out of the 6th, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him either trade out of the 7th, or trade down in a swap that also moves him up higher from one of the 4th/5th round picks. He might want to keep a pick in the 7th just to grab their favorite UDFA target...

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ballard move around the draft a few times today.

Could trade up in the 4th

Could package a couple 5ths and get back in the 4th for a second pick.

All kinds of options 

I do think he will hold that last 7th round pick for their favorite UDFA, like you stated.