Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Important Read!

NewColtsFan

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sometimes I think some probably do think I brag if I get a prediction right and boast about it lol, but the difference between me and most people are, I am not afraid to predict/put my thoughts where my mouth is. I trust my football knowledge because I have seen it all since 1977 when I 1st started watching. So, If I get something right, I am just happy about it.

I have been wrong some as well. I crapped the bed with my 2022 prediction of how the Colts would do. I will at least admit when I am wrong too. I was wrong there. I am usually right more than I am wrong though, proof of that was when I created the 18 Weekly Picking Games Thread. Picking 272 games before every game was played and 10 people participated and I finished tied for 1st with @Moeby going 173-99, that is a winning % of 63.6. I also picked the Chiefs to beat the 49ers before the game last Sunday. 

Every prediction I make has been posted in here, so everyone knows I am not a liar which makes it more satisfying. 

In here, my before season pick for the Colts since 2018 has been:

2018 = 10-6 (make the Playoffs). I nailed it. I knew with Luck back, he was good for 10 wins.

2019 = 8-8 (no Playoffs). We went 7-9. I missed by 1 game.

2020 = 11-5 (make the Playoffs). I nailed it. I bet on Rivers being good and was right!

2021 = 10-7 (make the Playoffs). We went 9-8 and missed the Playoffs. Still, I wasn't too far off. I missed by 1 game.

2022 = 11-6 (make the Playoffs and win the Division). That was my 1 GOOFHomer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV. We went 4-12-1. I have never been more fooled in my life, crap happens though. I thought Matt Ryan would be similar to Rivers and we would have 2021 Taylor. That whole season was a cluster suck!

2023 = 8-8-1 (No Playoffs). We went 9-8 and missed the Playoffs. I missed my prediction by a half game.

I have never picked us to win the Conference or SB over the last 6 seasons (2018-2023) because I know we have never had the teams to do so. 

@NewColtsFanI apologize for going way off topic but I was responding to Palmbeacher. I did read the article you posted. Thanks for everything you do in here.

You woulda nailed 2021 too BUT Unfortunately the Steelers needed the colts to lose the last two so they could make the playoffs. haha

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2024 at 5:51 PM, jvan1973 said:

Predictions really don't mean anything.  It's a guess.  Just like everything.  If you guessed the Colts went 2-16 it doesn't mean you were an *.   It just means it's very improbable to predict an NFL season.   Did you predict  JT would be out multiple weeks?  How about AR goes down and Minshew would win as many games as he did?  Predictions are just that.   People in vegas get paid millions to predict and they still get it wrong.   I love you as a poster here,  and one of my favorites.  But no one knows .  Unless you believe @LJpalmbeacher2and @Yoshinatorthat is all rigged.   And I know you're more intelligent than that

Predictions are fun for me, but a lot of luck and circumstance are involved no doubt. I have always had a pretty good gut on who will win or lose though. Knowledge helps. I was in Vegas for SB 44 and the Colts were favored by 5 points. I was there with a lot of Colts fans and I had several ask me, why aren't you betting on the game. I told them because everyone in the world wants the Saints to win and Peyton and Reggie are from New Orleans as well. Archie had miserable years there too I told many, and Katrina just happened a couple years prior. Obama and Katie Couric before the game on CBS was Pro New Orleans and after Katie said soon to be SB Champs Saints that was my hint. Something just didn't feel right.  Had that been any other team, Colts would have won that SB by 10+ points. Had it been us vs Vikings, I would have put a $1000 on Indy.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 4:09 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

By the way Jason is the 2nd baddest butt on the planet, if he went up against my Homer, he would get squashed (sarcasm) 

That is actually true.  Michael Myers is #1 :D

On 2/16/2024 at 4:19 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Problem too is, unless you actually talk to someone in person, you can't really tell what kind of person they are. My only source of communication is through posting by words. There are a handful of people in here that I can't stand the way they post but if I met them in person, I may like them more than I like some in here just by chatting. I have actually learned a lot from some others in here which is cool in my book :thmup:

Hey, for the record, and I meant to post this days ago, I like you as a poster for the most part and you seem like a good person.  You do have a tendency to be a bit of a "hey look at me, I was right" kind of guy sometimes though.  So when that happens, I give you a bit of a hard time about it to keep you grounded. :P  lol

• Like 2

Just now, J@son said:

That is actually true.  Michael Myers is #1 :D

Hey, for the record, and I meant to post this days ago, I like you as a poster for the most part and you seem like a good person.  You do have a tendency to be a bit of a "hey look at me, I was right" kind of guy sometimes though.  So when that happens, I give you a bit of a hard time about it to keep you grounded. :P  lol

We are cool. Michael Myers in the Rob Zombie remake is one scary tough dude! Homer is  just Homer sexy homer simpson GIF

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@J@son, who would win Michael Myers in the Rob Zombie Remake vs Jason from Friday the 13th Part 3? Jason crushed Rick's skull in Part 3 like a grape, talk about strength. :thmup:

Tale of the tape:

Myers 6'9 275 

Jason 6'5 275

Jason was shorter but had more muscle/bulge at 275. 

ok my main take away from this is that you have spent a substantial amount of time staring at and approximating the size of Jason's bulge.  

As to your question, I'm gonna say Michael because, when he's not terrorizing the babysitters of Haddonfield, he takes of his mask and lives his normal life as Sabretooth. :rock:

On 2/16/2024 at 3:18 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sometimes I think some probably do think I brag if I get a prediction right and boast about it lol, but the difference between me and most people are, I am not afraid to predict/put my thoughts where my mouth is. I trust my football knowledge because I have seen it all since 1977 when I 1st started watching. So, If I get something right, I am just happy about it.

I have been wrong some as well. I crapped the bed with my 2022 prediction of how the Colts would do. I will at least admit when I am wrong too. I was wrong there. I am usually right more than I am wrong though, proof of that was when I created the 18 Weekly Picking Games Thread. Picking 272 games before every game was played and 10 people participated and I finished tied for 1st with @Moeby going 173-99, that is a winning % of 63.6. I also picked the Chiefs to beat the 49ers before the game last Sunday. 

Every prediction I make has been posted in here, so everyone knows I am not a liar which makes it more satisfying. 

In here, my before season pick for the Colts since 2018 has been:

2018 = 10-6 (make the Playoffs). I nailed it. I knew with Luck back, he was good for 10 wins.

2019 = 8-8 (no Playoffs). We went 7-9. I missed by 1 game.

2020 = 11-5 (make the Playoffs). I nailed it. I bet on Rivers being good and was right!

2021 = 10-7 (make the Playoffs). We went 9-8 and missed the Playoffs. Still, I wasn't too far off. I missed by 1 game.

2022 = 11-6 (make the Playoffs and win the Division). That was my 1 GOOFHomer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV. We went 4-12-1. I have never been more fooled in my life, crap happens though. I thought Matt Ryan would be similar to Rivers and we would have 2021 Taylor. That whole season was a cluster suck!

2023 = 8-8-1 (No Playoffs). We went 9-8 and missed the Playoffs. I missed my prediction by a half game.

I have never picked us to win the Conference or SB over the last 6 seasons (2018-2023) because I know we have never had the teams to do so. 

@NewColtsFanI apologize for going way off topic but I was responding to Palmbeacher. I did read the article you posted. Thanks for everything you do in here.

Your predictions have been very close.

Keep doing it as I enjoy reading them.  Its always fun to compare at the end of the season.

Also its nice because you have made money by betting.

BTW, what was your prediction for 2024 ?

• Like 1

Just now, PRnum1 said:

Your predictions have been very close.

Keep doing it as I enjoy reading them.  Its always fun to compare at the end of the season.

Also its nice because you have made money by betting.

BTW, what was your prediction for 2024 ?

I will do my final predictions for 2024 when the season begins. Last season before the season, I had the Ravens and Lions in the SB, they both made the Conference Championships. I did pick KC to beat the 49ers in the SB. Regarding my weekly picks, picking 272 games I went 173-99. For the year, money wise, I came out around $500 ahead. 

• Like 1