coltsfeva

What a great game and the film was really done well:

Steelers had Myron Cole announcing 

Colts had Bob Lamey

2 blown non-calls (one for each team) 

Colts Jason Belser no interference 1st Qtr

Steelers Slash runs out-of-bounds on TD

The GOOSE doing Goose things…

Lamont Warren gets tripped up (would have had a BIG run). Ironically, ten years later, Nick Harper gets tripped up by Big Ben

Colts were soooo close !!! But unfortunately,

football’s not horseshoes ….

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 2/10/2024 at 10:48 AM, coltsfeva said:

What a great game and the film was really done well:

Steelers had Myron Cole announcing 

Colts had Bob Lamey

2 blown non-calls (one for each team) 

Colts Jason Belser no interference 1st Qtr

Steelers Slash runs out-of-bounds on TD

The GOOSE doing Goose things…

Lamont Warren gets tripped up (would have had a BIG run). Ironically, ten years later, Nick Harper gets tripped up by Big Ben

Colts were soooo close !!! But unfortunately,

football’s not horseshoes ….

I can't watch again

Coryatt drops game sealing pick too

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I can't watch again

Coryatt drops game sealing pick too

I still to this day can't see how he dropped that. Lamont Warren getting tackled by Casper the Ghost is mindboggling as well. He had so much open field in front of him. Then Bailey catches the ball for the win, then the REFS say no.

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still to this day can't see how he dropped that. Lamont Warren getting tackled by Casper the Ghost is mindboggling as well. He had so much open field in front of him. Then Bailey catches the ball for the win, then the REFS say no.

Phil Sims yelling..." He caught it!"

Oh well, it was an unexpected magical season.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The ball definitely hit the ground.   I watched that video like zapruder film.  Ugh, I hate the memory of that game.   I was surrounded by Steelers fans in a sports bar.   It was brutal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is clear picture of the ball laying on the ground if you watch replays of that.  Here is a great article describing what happened.  If there was no clear picture of the ball hitting the ground it wouldn’t be Stewart running out of bounds that is remembered as the blown call by Colts fans.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1996-01-15-sp-24920-story.html

23 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

There is clear picture of the ball laying on the ground if you watch replays of that.  Here is a great article describing what happened.  If there was no clear picture of the ball hitting the ground it wouldn’t be Stewart running out of bounds that is remembered as the blown call by Colts fans.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1996-01-15-sp-24920-story.html

There is also a clearer picture of Stewart stepping out of bounds, coming back in to catch a TD. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)-they call what they want at times was my point.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is also a clearer picture of Stewart stepping out of bounds, coming back in to catch a TD. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)-they call what they want at times was my point.

That has nothing to do with Bailey not catching the ball.  Stewart going out of bounds is not disputed by anyone.  Everyone knows that was a missed call.  What wasn’t a missed call is that Bailey didn’t catch the ball as you claimed earlier. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

That has nothing to do with Bailey not catching the ball.  Stewart going out of bounds is not disputed by anyone.  Everyone knows that was a missed call.  What wasn’t a missed call is that Bailey didn’t catch the ball as you claimed earlier. 

It cost us the game with the Stewart call. Show me anywhere where I said the Refs got the Bailey call wrong? I didn't. I just brought it up. Fact is, they did screw up the Stewart call. That cost the game in the long run. 

The Coryatt drop was actually the steeler wide receiver got his arm in and punched the ball out, you could see that on replay. The mills catch at the one was actually a drop, he never had the ball, juggled and dropped. Another thing no one talks about is when Harbaugh scrambled with time running down when he was "tackled" at the 30 yardline by number 24 it was a blatant, brutal facemask that wasn't called. So the Colts had too hurry up and spike the ball with 6 seconds left and throw the Hail Mary from the 30. Call that penalty and it stops the clock with 20 seconds left and moves the ball to the 15. Could have been a completely different outcome in that situation.

• Like 1