Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vacant coaches

BProland85

Do we have any update on the DL coach or any other coaches I’m missing that are vacant? Wish we could have got DL coach Terrell Williams from the Titans before he went to Detroit. On a side note the Titans seem to be making good coaching hires in Callahan and Denard Williams. Hope they botch the OL coach hire. 

12 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Do we have any update on the DL coach or any other coaches I’m missing that are vacant? Wish we could have got DL coach Terrell Williams from the Titans before he went to Detroit. On a side note the Titans seem to be making good coaching hires in Callahan and Denard Williams. Hope they botch the OL coach hire. 

It is Dennard Wilson, he came from the Ravens. He was who Eagles fans wanted to succeed Gannon as DC, but when he did not get the DC job, he went to the Ravens as a defensive backs coach, had a heck of a year and now finally gets the DC position. Eagles aren't going to be happy with Vic Fangio either, is what I am thinking will happen eventually.

I think Shane Bowen of the Titans did a good job, we should bring that former DC to coach our DL, IMO. That was where the Titans' D typically shined when Shane Bowen was their DC under Vrabel.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is Dennard Wilson, he came from the Ravens. He was who Eagles fans wanted to succeed Gannon as DC, but when he did not get the DC job, he went to the Ravens as a defensive backs coach, had a heck of a year and now finally gets the DC position. Eagles aren't going to be happy with Vic Fangio either, is what I am thinking will happen eventually.

I think Shane Bowen of the Titans did a good job, we should bring that former DC to coach our DL, IMO. That was where the Titans' D typically shined when Shane Bowen was their DC under Vrabel.

Coming from someone who lives in Nashville and catches all the Titans games we don’t want Bowen on our staff as DL coach. Titans defense was only good when Jim Schwartz was on staff. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I think we should all remind ourselves…. That Shane Steichen wasn’t hired until AFTER last year’s Super Bowl.   And he was able to put together a good coaching staff by the time the Senior Bowl happens at the end of Feb.   So he had maybe 10-12 days. 

Also two other things to note….   One, our front office and scouts are in Mobile at the Senior Bowl and we might be doing some interviews down there.    Also, with the return of Covid, we might be doing some interviews by Zoom. 

I don’t think there’s reason to worry.   Yet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think we should all remind ourselves…. That Shane Steichen wasn’t hired until AFTER last year’s Super Bowl.   And he was able to put together a good coaching staff by the time the Senior Bowl happens at the end of Feb.   So he had maybe 10-12 days. 

Also two other things to note….   One, our front office and scouts are in Mobile at the Senior Bowl and we might be doing some interviews down there.    Also, with the return of Covid, we might be doing some interviews by Zoom. 

I don’t think there’s reason to worry.   Yet. 

Senior Bowl is Sunday...

I just read that new head coach Brian Callahan and GM Ran Carthon are staying back from the Senior Bowl to conduct interviews, so I'd say this is a hot time for that process.

16 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Senior Bowl is Sunday...

I just read that new head coach Brian Callahan and GM Ran Carthon are staying back from the Senior Bowl to conduct interviews, so I'd say this is a hot time for that process.

Sorry, obviously I meant the Combine is at the end of Feb.    I was distracted by a major annoyance at the time.  Thanks for the correction.  

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I have no idea who this guy is.

They may have seen him at the Senior Bowl and approached him there. He was coaching DBs there. 

Former Titans DB coach under Vrabel. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I wondered if we wouldn't get Brian Johnson in. He was the coach who recruited Richardson to Florida and before this year he had the reputation of a rising star in the coaching ranks. 

The Colts just hired Alex Tenny to be their passing game coordinator.   What position would Brian Johnson take?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts just hired Alex Tenny to be their passing game coordinator.   What position would Brian Johnson take?  

Yah, I was talking in general, before the Tenny news... I guess Steichen values Tenny more than Johnson... or Johnson didn't want a demotion of sorts... 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Superman said:

I agree that adding a passing game coordinator can be a good thing. It seems like most teams have added that position to the staff lately, and hope it pays off for the Colts.

Personally, I’m a bit surprised.   But I hope that when Steichen does a press conference either before the combine or at the combine, someone will ask what will this new passing game coordinator be doing that SS and Jim Bob Cooter will no longer have to do?  What will he take off their plate, so to speak?    

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Personally, I’m a bit surprised.   But I hope that when Steichen does a press conference either before the combine or at the combine, someone will ask what will this new passing game coordinator be doing that SS and Jim Bob Cooter will no longer have to do?  What will he take off their plate, so to speak?    

I agree, I think it's a good question and I'd love to get some clarity on how the responsibilities will be shared. But in general, it seems like another person working on gameplans, specific to the passing attack.