Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Reese’s Senior Bowl Tracker (Measurements, 1-on-1’s,etc…)

Figured we could start an official topic for this like we do for the combine. Everyone is welcome to contribute. 

So far we have the measurements slowly rolling in. Feel Free to post whatever but I’ll put ones of some notable prospects.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for starting.

Are they doing official measurements on the kids this week? (Like 40 times)

I don’t think they test like the combine.   But they do measure things like height and weight.   Practices are the most important part of the week.   They are HIGHLY scrutinized.   The game actually means less.  

• Like 1

A Ballard built CB for sure

I put this in another topic but turns out he is not actually 6’3” as it was listed. There were DK comps because of the size and projected speed. I also here he’s probably closer to the 4.5 range in the 40 yard dash. Really small hands too.

He’s shorter than Brent’s and Jones but just as tall as Flowers. Arm length is good too. His real show will be at the combine though.

Thats a good weight for him considering he’s going to play LB at the senior Bowl. As a big raw athlete with traits, he’s got Ballard written all over him

Arms are shorter than you would like, but he’s LB1 IMO. Freaky athletic and good in space. Medicals are the question mark.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KB said:

To bad. Wanted to see something on Sedrick Van Pran.

Yeah I don’t get it unless it’s injury related. I saw another tweet from Brugler that said teams have Van Pran in the 3rd-5th round range. I think a lot of people have Jackson Powers-Johnson and Zach Frazier over him. Not playing here could hurt his stock.

• Like 2

McConkey is very nifty with his routes... Wonder if he goes on day 2? If he falls to day 3 I'd be all in on getting him as part of our rotation. 

Legette has real nice release... he clearly beat his opponent twice in a row... first one was very late, very short pass that gave the opportunity for the defender to catch up but I'm counting this as a clear win. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

There doesn’t seem to be any reason as to why, but several prospects are no longer on the roster:

IDK if it’s injuries or their agents getting into their heads. Just weird stuff.

Yup….  I’m thinking agents is the issue here.  Maybe the guys are out if shape?

Really too bad.   Scouts want to see how competitive players are when they go head to head in practice.   They’ve still got almost three full months to turn things around.   

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

McConkey is very nifty with his routes... Wonder if he goes on day 2? If he falls to day 3 I'd be all in on getting him as part of our rotation. 

Legette has real nice release... he clearly beat his opponent twice in a row... first one was very late, very short pass that gave the opportunity for the defender to catch up but I'm counting this as a clear win. 

Dude, McConkey is Cooper Kupp all over again. He won't get past Round 2, if you consider the competition he has played. I am curious to see his 3 cone and short shuttle times.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Dude, McConkey is Cooper Kupp all over again. He won't get past Round 2, if you consider the competition he has played. 

His size is more like... Hunter Renfrow... but he looks very impressive with his ability to get open... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

His size is more like... Hunter Renfrow... 

True but given how teams are using slot WRs, like Josh Downs, all over, the value is higher for him to be drafted on Day 2.

The slot guy I would like to pair Josh Downs with, that can play outside in the case of an injury to outside wideouts is Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington, he is versatile.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup….  I’m thinking agents is the issue here.  Maybe the guys are out if shape?

Really too bad.   Scouts want to see how competitive players are when they go head to head in practice.   They’ve still got almost three full months to turn things around.   

Well I know for sure T’Vondre Sweat is out of shape. He was listed at 362 before the event and he got measured but refused to weigh in. He’s probably closer to 370 which is bad conditioning. Brugler said injury for Byron Murphy.

The other guys who knows. Some of these guys needed this week. Like Hicks and Carson. Two DBs who aren’t even consensus top 10 at their position. As projected day 3 guys, you need to boost your stock.

Makes you wonder how far some of these players will fall now. Or maybe the opposite is true, maybe they’re counting on getting over drafted because lack of depth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Makes you wonder how far some of these players will fall now. Or maybe the opposite is true, maybe they’re counting on getting over drafted because lack of depth.

This will make an interesting dynamic. Does this mean we will limit our amount of trade backs in the middle rounds? Does it impact us trading in earlier rounds? Maybe increased chance of early trade backs, and decreases chances in the middle rounds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KB said:

This will make an interesting dynamic. Does this mean we will limit our amount of trade backs in the middle rounds? Does it impact us trading in earlier rounds? Maybe increased chance of early trade backs, and decreases chances in the middle rounds.

This just means that if I move back from (say) our mid 2nd round pick to back of 2nd round, I would rather have a draft pick in next year's Round 4 than having any combination of Round 5 and Round 6 picks together in this draft. 

• Like 2

Guyton looking nice in pass pro 1 v 1... It kind of sucks that we don't need an OT this year... There are a few in our range that might be really good players... In general it loko s like the OL is winning those reps... kind of surprising, because they are usually set up to benefit the pass-rusher... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KB said:

That guy who posted that does the Locked on Colts podcast, and had Colts fans in the comments who suggested just that. That maybe this needs to be the year where Ballard trades up instead of acquiring more picks. Those 5th and 6th round picks aren’t what they used to be. Now sure we ended up getting Jones round 7 who was a steal, but that won’t happen every year. I’ve already felt the real cream of the crop for players outside the the first 2 rounds, are round 3-5 anyways. I’d rather have 3 4th round picks than 6 picks from rounds 5-7.

• Like 3

The way this is going... if he tests like people expect him to test, Guyton might actually go before our pick. 

Oh damn... and next rep he got beat for first time today with a spin move by Nelson Ceaser. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stitches said:

The way this is going... if he tests like people expect him to test, Guyton might actually go before our pick. 

Oh damn... and next rep he got beat for first time today with a spin move by Nelson Ceaser. 

Where would you have him playing if we drafted him? Rainman took the leap he needed and Smith despite injuries was one of the best RT’s in football. 

With the way the WR’s are looking at the senior Bowl, I’m starting to lean towards the Colts drafting a CB in the 1st. A guy like Legette who didn’t have the best day 1, might be there in the 2nd. But Quinton Mitchell showed out today and looked like a top 20 pick. He’ll blow the combine up too.

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Where would you have him playing if we drafted him? Rainman took the leap he needed and Smith despite injuries was one of the best RT’s in football. 

If anything, it presents Ballard with a golden trade opportunity if a playoff team wants to pony up a 1st and 3rd for moving up 4-5 spots to No.15.

Good chance guys like Nate Wiggins, Keon Coleman, Cooper DeJean, Brian Thomas are mostly available at No.20, IMO.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stitches said:

Somebody stole 2 inches from the kid  :)

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

If anything, it presents Ballard with a golden trade opportunity if a playoff team wants to pony up a 1st and 3rd for moving up 4-5 spots to No.15.

Good chance guys like Nate Wiggins, Keon Coleman, Cooper DeJean, Brian Thomas are mostly available at No.20, IMO.

My GUT says that CB will look to trade back from 15

Maybe it was something that I ate

14 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

My GUT says that CB will look to trade back from 15

Maybe it was something that I ate

If you ask the forum, they will probably agree with you at least 70% of them based on history.

But like I said, no farther than 20, and at minimum a 1st swapped and 3rd rounder in return. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

That would be South Carolina. They billed him as 6’3” all year, but I heard Bugler say that he told everyone that all fall. That anyone who had actually seen him in person knew he wasn’t that tall. Idk why colleges do that because all it does it put negative conversation around a kid when they show up at a different height and weight.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stitches said:

Guyton looking nice in pass pro 1 v 1... It kind of sucks that we don't need an OT this year... There are a few in our range that might be really good players... In general it loko s like the OL is winning those reps... kind of surprising, because they are usually set up to benefit the pass-rusher... 

I honestly wouldn't put it past Ballard to draft an OT in the 2nd. Not saying it's definitely happening, but I wouldn't be surprised. I think DT is higher on the list this year.

13 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Olinemen almost always need a year of S&C in my opinion. Keep him as a backup. Smith is a free agent in '26 and will be eligible for a new contract in '25 same as Raimann and I don't think keeping Raimann, Nelson and Smith is realistic when all 3 could be on $20+m contracts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I honestly wouldn't put it past Ballard to draft an OT in the 2nd. Not saying it's definitely happening, but I wouldn't be surprised. I think DT is higher on the list this year.

There are some short tackles that project as guards in the NFL, that I expect him to take a swing on in round 3-4

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I have stopped looking at measurement before the Senior Bowl and combine comes... They've been really unreliable for a while now. For whatever it's worth Legette looks plenty big enough both in his tape and now at the Senior Bowl. 

14 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah, that's the "problem" - we don't really need him if Raimann and Braden Smith are playing. But IF we drafted him, IMO he will slide in at RG with outlook to replace Braden Smith in the future at RT(if Ballard decides to trade him for capspace reasons or if his contract expires and we cannot afford him? BTW next year will be the 3d of 4 year extension for Braden Smith so... maybe it's not that far-fetched to start thinking about either extending him again or getting potential successor)... 

I'm just not sure the value is there if this is what the plan would be for him. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Yeah, that's the "problem" - we don't really need him if Raimann and Braden Smith are playing. But IF we drafted him, IMO he will slide in at RG with outlook to replace Braden Smith in the future at RT(if Ballard decides to trade him for capspace reasons or if his contract expires and we cannot afford him? BTW next year will be the 3d of 4 year extension for Braden Smith so... maybe it's not that far-fetched to start thinking about either extending him again or getting potential successor)... 

I'm just not sure the value is there if this is what the plan would be for him. 

I definitely get drafting a guy to develop for when Smith’s contract is up, but maybe we’ll have to wait a year. At the end of the 2022 season, we all thought RG would be a major need. Then they stuck with Fries and he turned out to be much improved. The same may be possible for Freeland. He was raw coming out and played more than he was supposed to.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I have stopped looking at measurement before the Senior Bowl and combine comes... They've been really unreliable for a while now. For whatever it's worth Legette looks plenty big enough both in his tape and now at the Senior Bowl. 

Oh for sure. 6’1” isn’t small by any means. But his build is more closer to AJ Brown than it is DK who everyone compared him too.

• Like 2