Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

Happy2BeHere

1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

Bills are so annoying. Go chiefs! 

Disagree with that. The Chiefs are more annoying than the Bills and I hope Buffalo takes the divisional round. 

I want to see the Packers and Lions in the NFC Championship game. That would be epic!  Odds are against it, but one never knows. 

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Didn't even watch the game, but I see this image 😂

I read comments in Eagles SB nation site, they were calling for Sirianni to lose his job, wants even their GM and owner also to leave the franchise.

LOL, if you rank by the loudest fans of the NFL, Philly would've the worst group. Especially, after losses.

It was still funny to read through because of how haughty Sirianni was in opponent stadiums. He fully deserves that fan base, perfect fit. :lol:

• Like 3

Dolphins and Eagles scored the fewest points and Packers and Texans scored the highest points in that order this week.

Who'd have thought!

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

It is 6:45 in the morning, and I already got a 15 min sermon on Josh allen and the Bills from my co-worker lol.... oh Lord please Chiefs catch the ball Sunday.. 🤣

That's the time to practice the art of passing the noise through one ear and out the other. 

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol only division NOT represented in the divisional round is the NFC east lol. 

The NFC North teams represented their division well. Too bad the Vikings is not one of them.

The NFC North is going to be tough for the Vikes in the coming years. I think the Bears have a chance to greatly improve their team. I would keep Fields, trade down with a QB-needy team, draft Marvin Harrison Jr., and draft some guys for the trenches.

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

read comments in Eagles SB nation site, they were calling for Sirianni to lose his job, wants even their GM and owner also to leave the franchise.

I love reading that site. :popcorn:  They have some of the toughest fans. They are calling to fire everyone. That is not the way to win.

The lead writer at that SB Nation site, Brandon, exemplifies what an Eagles fan is. He riles up the other fans. He once wrote an article bashing the Vikes and their fans. You would never see Gates (his equivalent at DN) doing that.

I saw a Twitter (X) post with a video showing a fan (most likely an Eagles fan) throwing what appeared to be a bucket at the Eagles players as they left the field. SMH

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The lead writer at that SB Nation site, Brandon, exemplifies what an Eagles fan is. He riles up the other fans. He once wrote an article bashing the Vikes and their fans. You would never see Gates (his equivalent at DN) doing that.

Check out the site again @VikingsFanInChennai .  Before the Eagles/Bucs game, Brandon wrote an article telling fans to take a moment to appreciate the Cowboys loss. What is funny is that the Eagles played even worse than the Cowboys, I believe.

4 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

It is 6:45 in the morning, and I already got a 15 min sermon on Josh allen and the Bills from my co-worker lol.... oh Lord please Chiefs catch the ball Sunday.. 🤣

Chiefs will win. They have a Top 5 QB of all-time and a Top 10 Coach of all-time. They also felt like they got robbed in the 1st meeting by the REFS. Mahomes will get it done. Only team I can see beating the Chiefs are the Ravens, Lamar is playing like an MVP is why and they also have a great defense only giving up 16.5 points a game.

24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

All season has shown:   Mayfield > Hurts. 

It took a while, but all water finds its own level.

Mayfield would have looked good in a Colts uniform.

Well, Baker should be better than Hurts. Baker was the overall #1 pick and is more than three years older than Hurts. That is no surprise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

IDK. Eagles have to find a good play caller again. Hurts was not healthy either.

He actually did pretty well considering that he was hurt, no pun intended. I think playing with that dislocated finger hurt him.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He actually did pretty well considering that he was hurt, no pun intended. I think playing with that dislocated finger hurt him.

His play has been a big contributor to their 1-7 drop-off to end the season.

Sometimes defenses just figure out a player or figure out an offense and then that offense has no counter move.  Philly went 1-7 down the stretch, so their previous success was really pretty tenuous if some of the minor things that have happened to them caused that big of a drop off.

And the old Philly defensive players are starting to look old.  Change in coaching, but those vets don't seem to be moving as well.

58 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Well, Baker should be better than Hurts. Baker was the overall #1 pick and is more than three years older than Hurts. That is no surprise.

You are right he should be being that he went #1 in the draft, but he isn't. Mayfield beat him last night in a playoff game. Prisoner of the moment stuff again. Hurts came in 2nd last year for MVP and his team went to a SB and barely lost to a Top 5 QB and Top 10 Coach of all-time. Things Mayfield can only dream about doing. When my Lions squash him like a bug, point will be proven. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are right he should be being that he went #1 in the draft, but he isn't. Mayfield beat him last night in a playoff game. Prisoner of the moment stuff again. Hurts came in 2nd last year for MVP and his team went to a SB and barely lost to a Top 5 QB and Top 10 Coach of all-time. Things Mayfield can only dream about doing. When my Lions squash him like a bug, point will be proven. 

I like Mayfield, always have. I actually like him better than Hurts.  I wanted the Vikings to sign Baker. However, I agree with you. I don't think Mayfield's team beating Hurts' team means that Mayfield is better, as the other posters wrote.

I would rather have Mayfield than Cousins because of age, but I think Cousins has been a better QB.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I like Mayfield, always have. I actually like him better than Hurts.  I wanted the Vikings to sign Baker. However, I agree with you. I don't think Mayfield's team beating Hurts' team means that Mayfield is better, as the other posters wrote.

I would rather have Mayfield than Cousins because of age, but I think Cousins has been a better QB.

Mayfield has his good moments; I just don't think he is a franchise QB. I will say this, the Browns made a mistake getting rid of him and paying Watson all that money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mayfield has his good moments; I just don't think he is a franchise QB. I will say this, the Browns made a mistake getting rid of him and paying Watson all that money. 

Trading for Watson and giving significant assets and money for Watson was a terrible move. I like more frugal moves. I especially don't like giving up draft capital for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The NFC North teams represented their division well. Too bad the Vikings is not one of them.

The NFC North is going to be tough for the Vikes in the coming years. I think the Bears have a chance to greatly improve their team. I would keep Fields, trade down with a QB-needy team, draft Marvin Harrison Jr., and draft some guys for the trenches.

hey buddy; sorry if I stepped on your toes creating this game thread…what actually happened is if you look at the time I created it it was Friday around 2:30 and for some reason I thought it was Saturday and so I was like hmmm someone hasn’t created the games thread and it’s like kickoff time… then when I couldn’t find the games on I finally realized it was only Friday. Stupid me… 🙄 

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

hey buddy; sorry if I stepped on your toes creating this game thread…what actually happened is if you look at the time I created it it was Friday around 2:30 and for some reason I thought it was Saturday and so I was like hmmm someone hasn’t created the games thread and it’s like kickoff time… then when I couldn’t find the games on I finally realized it was only Friday. Stupid me… 🙄 

What? What makes you write that? How did you step on my toes? Anyone can create threads.  @2006Coltsbestever often creates the thread before I do. 

I'm so confused. 

Britney Spears What GIF

51 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What? What makes you write that? How did you step on my toes? Anyone can create threads.  @2006Coltsbestever often creates the thread before I do. 

I'm so confused. 

Britney Spears What GIF

Ahh you know usually you have been creating game day threads…seems kind of like one particular person usually creates certain threads etc…

11 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Ahh you know usually you have been creating game day threads…seems kind of like one particular person usually creates certain threads etc…

Anyone can create them. I don't have any special powers to create threads. You created this one. All I did was pin and feature it.

51 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Anyone catch the Eagles fan throwing his entire popcorn bucket at Sirianni yelling “you’re done, Nick! You’re done!”?

Because that screams Eagles fan base up and down. 

I saw that.

I’ve seen so many videos over the past few days, I saw 999 angry cowboys fan/sports pundit videos of fans burning and trashing their cowboys gear, and yes I caught 1 video

of popcorn siriani lol!

it’s a 999 to 1 ratio for cowboys to eagles videos.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I’ve seen so many videos over the past few days, I saw 999 angry cowboys fan/sports pundit videos of fans burning and trashing their cowboys gear, and yes I caught 1 video

of popcorn siriani lol!

it’s a 999 to 1 ratio for cowboys to eagles videos.

I know those videos have me rolling. Jerry has probably went through 2 bottles of Scotch by now. LoL.

• Like 1

What a great weekend loading.

Bills/Chiefs

I love outdoor winter games. I can still remember Chiefs kicker Nick Lowry barefoot kicking field goals in Arrowhead in the 90s.

Ravens/Texans

Imagine Stroud knocking off Lamar in the playoffs ...

Niners/Packers

Niners own the Packers in recent playoffs but LaFleur has that offense humming right now.

Lions/Bucs

Can Bowles stop the Lions' rushing attack?

• Like 2

@2006Coltsbestever Do you have your picks? See post above.

4 hours ago, JoeyBlueSkies said:

Bills/Chiefs

I love outdoor winter games. I can still remember Chiefs kicker Nick Lowry barefoot kicking field goals in Arrowhead in the 90s.

Ravens/Texans

Niners/Packers

Niners own the Packers in recent playoffs but LaFleur has that offense humming right now.

Lions/Bucs

I'm rooting for the Bills, Niners, Lions and Ravens. Some of us are looking forward to a Lions-Ravens Super Bowl. That would be very entertaining.

We will create another thread for this weekends games. You are welcome to join us.

7 hours ago, JoeyBlueSkies said:

Bills/Chiefs

Ravens/Texans

Niners/Packers

Lions/Bucs

How did they go on to the field on barefoot in winter weather conditions those days?!

I think Stroud can surprise Ravens, but only if Ravens get completely off their game. Ravens defense is much more elite than Lamar's offense or any for that matter, they're just too good to fail, and Texans still don't have an all around great roster around Stroud to headhunt Elite teams.

Niners should expose Packers, their coach would go only as far as Love goes, and they'll easily stray away from their run game to their own peril.

Bucs might have the defense to stop Goff, their run defense is already elite but not sure if they can stop both run and pass if Lions play well. Only way Bucs could win is if Mayfield could go all-out butcher Lions pass coverage. Probably not on the road. 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

How did they go on to the field on barefoot in winter weather conditions those days?!

Back in the day, many kickers kicked barefoot.

I'm a Lions fan. I don't think the Bucs can stop us if they aren't hitting Goff.

If they can hit Goff, he will be inaccurate and turn the ball over.

But if he is clean, the Lions should win easily.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JoeyBlueSkies said:

Back in the day, many kickers kicked barefoot.

I'm a Lions fan. I don't think the Bucs can stop us if they aren't hitting Goff.

If they can hit Goff, he will be inaccurate and turn the ball over.

But if he is clean, the Lions should win easily.

The Bucs defense is pretty good, but I agree that the Lions should win.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

The Bucs defense is pretty good, but I agree that the Lions should win.

The Vikings under Flores have a pretty sweet blitz scheme working for them this season. We handled that reasonably well.

We were missing Gibbs in Tampa and Montgomery went down. Goff sliced and diced Bowles' defense that day under the Bucs' blitz.

Now, the Bucs are better. We're better too. Montgomery is back. Gibbs is established. We have a full offensive line that we didn't have in Tampa, and we've added Branch and CJ Gardner-Johnson back on defense, and Melifonwu has become an elite safety over the last 6 weeks.

If the Ford Field crowd comes alive, it's going to be very difficult for the Bucs to get plays in from the huddle. Baker is not Stafford.

Should be a great game, and I will be tremendously disappointed if my Lions should lose.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@2006Coltsbestever Do you have your picks? See post above.

I'm rooting for the Bills, Niners, Lions and Ravens. Some of us are looking forward to a Lions-Ravens Super Bowl. That would be very entertaining.

We will create another thread for this weekends games. You are welcome to join us.

I think Ravens, 49ers, Lions, and Chiefs win.