Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philly Fans

King Colt

Yesterday's loss to the Red Birds was not a total shock. What was disgusting was the very loud booing at game's end by the worst fans in all sports. If I was a team member I would have run out to the center of the field and gave them all the Fickle Finger of Fate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Yesterday's loss to the Red Birds was not a total shock. What was disgusting was the very loud booing at game's end by the worst fans in all sports. If I was a team member I would have run out to the center of the field and gave them all the Fickle Finger of Fate.

Santa Claus Christmas GIFhe agrees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

They should boo them for their lousy play. Not feeling sorry for the multi millionaires.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

I’ll always bring it up: they booed Santa and pelted him with snowballs. They burn down the city in riots regardless if they win or lose. 

That city sucks. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I’ll always bring it up: they booed Santa and pelted him with snowballs. They burn down the city in riots regardless if they win or lose. 

That city sucks. 

Careful please… some of us were born and raised there thanks. Definitely some crappy acting fans there but “that city sucks” kind of hits the gut lmao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Careful please… some of us were born and raised there thanks. Definitely some crappy acting fans there but “that city sucks” kind of hits the gut lmao

lol perhaps it’s too far, but man I have never had a good experience in that city…

So I’ll say it mostly sucks, but there’s some cool people from there including you :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

My friends love Philly. I think some Eagles fans are difficult to deal with, but not all Eagles fans are from Philly. Eagles fans attacked Vikings fans in 2018 during the playoffs. I once thought of going to a Vikings @ Eagles game alone in Philly, but I decided against it because I was worried about being attacked by Eagles fans. I went to DC instead later in the season and had no issues.

I'm supposed to go to the Giants game against the Eagles this Sunday but at Met Life Stadium (home of the Jets and Giants). Let's see how it goes. I've not encountered any problems when going to games at Met Life or earlier at Giants Stadium (about 15 times).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

My friends love Philly. I think some Eagles fans are difficult to deal with, but not all Eagles fans are from Philly. Eagles fans attacked Vikings fans in 2018 during the playoffs. I once thought of going to a Vikings @ Eagles game alone in Philly, but I decided against it because I was worried about being attacked by Eagles fans. I went to DC instead later in the season and had no issues.

I'm supposed to go to the Giants game against the Eagles this Sunday but at Met Life Stadium (home of the Jets and Giants). Let's see how it goes. I've not encountered any problems when going to games at Met Life or earlier at Giants Stadium (about 15 times).

Wear a Tom Brady jersey, that might change whos your daddy dancing GIF

5 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I lived half an hour away from Philly on the way to Harrisburg, and everyone I talked to at work and watched games together are wonderful sports fans.

But, the way some loud fans act in the stadium, tailgating and in Opponent stadiums like damaging, looting, attacking, etc., shows a different side. That's not even surprising to me, knowing the city. 

Maybe, it happens with many cities and their fans and the media around Philly highlights bad things a lot more than others..

I know it's a bit too much passion in Philly than usually seen when it comes to football. I thought it was because of having won no Super Bowl for so many decades compared to other NFC East teams, and it was the way they coped their losses.

But, after having won the Super Bowl now, they need to get more classy. Even taking these 4 losses in 5 games or so, I think Philly fans couldn't handle it with Grace. Booing the very QB and players that have brought so much football joy in recent years is really not graceful and grateful.

For Once, the City can start showing some class altogether in hard times like what their players are going through. It's not like any can say bring up "Zero SB" argument now. 

I went to the Eagles site that is the equivalent to Stampede Blue and the Vikings site that I follow. You would never know that the team is 11-5. The fans are calling the coaches all kinds of terrible names and asking to fire all the coaches including Sirianni. It is mind-boggling. What's worst is that it is the writers who are leading the way in the bashing of players and coaches. Usually the writers on those sites try to be the voice of reason. Not on that Eagles site. (Those sites are different than forums. Writers write articles and fans write write their thoughts in the comment section.)

Note: We are not allowed to post links to those sites here.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I went to the Eagles site that is the equivalent to Stampede Blue and the Vikings site that I follow. You would never know that the team is 11-5. The fans are calling the coaches all kinds of terrible names and asking to fire all the coaches including Sirianni. It is mind-boggling. What's worst is that it is the writers who are leading the way in the bashing of players and coaches. Usually the writers on those sites try to be the voice of reason. Not on that Eagles site. (Those sites are different than forums. Writers write articles and fans write write their thoughts in the comment section.)

They were booing Bryce Harper during the NLCS. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That Philly site writers lead the way, especially the editor.

It's funny they can't go through a lean patch of 5 games!

How pitiful?! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

They should boo them for their lousy play. Not feeling sorry for the multi millionaires.

Spoken like a true blue fan. Sad to know some fans actually believe they could do better yet they don't. Anyone know why?🤪

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Spoken like a true blue fan. Sad to know some fans actually believe they could do better yet they don't. Anyone know why?🤪

Play better and they will be cheered instead of booed. People pay a lot of money to watch these games. They want something good for their entertainment dollar. They don’t want to watch poor execution or a lack of effort. 

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

Play better and they will be cheered instead of booed. People pay a lot of money to watch these games. They want something good for their entertainment dollar. They don’t want to watch poor execution or a lack of effort. 

As a Colts fan and I assume you are it's OK to complain but to travel to the stadium, pay the price for a ticket only to boo your team seems like a monstorus waste of money and time much less when thousands are doing the same. I would like to see how the Philly "fans" would react when the Mayflower trucks pull up at their stadium like they did in Baltimore.

15 minutes ago, King Colt said:

As a Colts fan and I assume you are it's OK to complain but to travel to the stadium, pay the price for a ticket only to boo your team seems like a monstorus waste of money and time much less when thousands are doing the same. I would like to see how the Philly "fans" would react when the Mayflower trucks pull up at their stadium like they did in Baltimore.

When I was a season ticket holder for 18 years and drove 2 plus hours one way to attend the games, I expected to win games against bad teams. That’s when the Colts were good of course. If the team played like crap in the first half against a bad team, booing them was ok in my book at the half. The team needed motivation and maybe the disgust from the fans might wake them up. They only played 14 games at the time. If they can’t put forth great effort on all 7 home games,  then they deserved to get booed. 

I won't bash on other fans even though man I want too. But Colt Fans are the best hands down by far of the Whole NFL... Nobody can beat the Coltsnation!! Don't even think about it... GO Colts!!!

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I lived half an hour away from Philly on the way to Harrisburg, and everyone I talked to at work and watched games together are wonderful sports fans.

But, the way some loud fans act in the stadium, tailgating and in Opponent stadiums like damaging, looting, attacking, etc., shows a different side. That's not even surprising to me, knowing the city. 

Maybe, it happens with many cities and their fans and the media around Philly highlights bad things a lot more than others..

I know it's a bit too much passion in Philly than usually seen when it comes to football. I thought it was because of having won no Super Bowl for so many decades compared to other NFC East teams, and it was the way they coped their losses.

But, after having won the Super Bowl now, they need to get more classy. Even taking these 4 losses in 5 games or so, I think Philly fans couldn't handle it with Grace. Booing the very QB and players that have brought so much football joy in recent years is really not graceful and grateful.

For Once, the City can start showing some class altogether in hard times like what their players are going through. It's not like any can say bring up "Zero SB" argument now. 

Yeah, I agree the media loves to highlight the Philly worst lol but I know Philly fans don’t help matters.  NE fans were booing Brady during their last games when the Patriots were starting to fall apart on the field. At SB parades for New England, there were known chants of things like “one more ring,” etc. I imagine every city has a loud obnoxious part of their fan base that can never be pleased.

When Brady came back to NE for his honors, he was cheered immensely. The same thing will happen whenever Hurts retires and comes back to Philly for whatever honor. Booing happens across the league, it’s definitely not just Philly (I’m not saying that you said it was, btw, I get all of your points).

I understand the booing is seen on varying levels of “ugh” by fans across the globe lol, it’s all good. Just coming from Philly though I get stung by the sweeping negative statements about the city as a whole. Glad you have known some great Philly fans that are actually nice to talk to! Most of my family are great Philly fans too… most of them. Lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Yeah, I agree the media loves to highlight the Philly worst lol but I know Philly fans don’t help matters.  NE fans were booing Brady during their last games when the Patriots were starting to fall apart on the field. At SB parades for New England, there were known chants of things like “one more ring,” etc. I imagine every city has a loud obnoxious part of their fan base that can never be pleased.

When Brady came back to NE for his honors, he was cheered immensely. The same thing will happen whenever Hurts retires and comes back to Philly for whatever honor. Booing happens across the league, it’s definitely not just Philly (I’m not saying that you said it was, btw, I get all of your points).

I understand the booing is seen on varying levels of “ugh” by fans across the globe lol, it’s all good. Just coming from Philly though I get stung by the sweeping negative statements about the city as a whole. Glad you have known some great Philly fans that are actually nice to talk to! Most of my family are great Philly fans too… most of them. Lol

Booing the GOAT Brady. I remember that. Where them fans at now?? Calling Brady back at 69 years old. He can probably still do at at 69 in this mediocre NFL soon to be flag football!! lmao JK

On 1/1/2024 at 6:05 PM, RollerColt said:

That city sucks. 

.....but their Philly cheese steak sandwich doesn't. :funny:

Philadelphia Flyers Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That Philly site writers lead the way, especially the editor.

It's funny they can't go through a lean patch of 5 games!

How pitiful?! 

Yep. Brandon was trolling Vikings fans in 2018. He must do it to increase the traffic (business). They get a lot of comments.

The only writer I like is Ben Natan. He writes about future NFL players (scouting). Ben likes this WR in Washington (Huskies) that I have my eye one should @2006Coltsbestevertrade a Colts #1 pick for JJ.

8 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Do you think they do not show effort? Isnt the other team trying to win too?

The Eagles beat some of the best teams in the league this year. They are 11-5.

Fans that boo players and coaches for not winning a game do not have much class. Fans attend gamed to see two teams battling it out for a win. Isn't that what the Eagles teams have done?

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Yep. Brandon was trolling Vikings fans in 2018. He must do it to increase the traffic (business). They get a lot of comments.

The only writer I like is Ben Natan. He writes about future NFL players (scouting). Ben likes this WR in Washington (Huskies) that I have my eye one should @2006Coltsbestevertrade a Colts #1 pick for JJ.

Yes, I've read Ben Natan articles during draft time. He's in wrong site lol, should get a job in The Draft Network. 

Looks like there are many Elite WRs in the first round range in upcoming draft. Few Edge rushers, few OL, and of course many QBs. This draft is gonna be very interesting, compared to last year!

Do you know about the Philly old fan, who drags the opponent team's helmet with a leash like a dog in the stadium on game days. He can be identified by having an Eagle Beak in his head, so they call him BeakMan.. this time, I saw him take Vikings helmet for a walk in week 2. I wish he at least pads the helmet with cushion to avoid the screeching noise and Marks(!) on the road.

@DEColtsLover36 do you know or have you seen the BeakMan? I've seen comment from another fan meeting BeakMan in 2006 doing the same thing, so he must have been well known in Philly tailgates. He must have every other team's helmet in his closet! 

Which one is Jalen?   Which one is Sad Cat?                                              IMG_3104.jpeg.6daab7f9d8a5f3bd4f29ec16f52ea2e9.jpegIMG_3103.jpeg.e3dde1fb3606e9f237f6849ee82aaf9f.jpeg                  Come on, dude!

Wake up!

Snap out of that funk!

How about this…You :censored::argh::bomb::Gaah:!!!

Taylor likes the other Kelce!

:facepalm:

Look dude, maybe there is something else going on. Isn’t this Mental Health Awareness month, or something?

Jalen’s persona on the bench is almost like Forest Gump. Remember when all of a sudden, he stopped running?  “I’m done!”

I’m just kidding with the comparisons…just a bit. 

I know Jalen is tough and can take the hits(from the defense and the fans).

Sometimes we never see the real hits

our QBs take and we take it out by getting ugly, mean and nasty.

After all is said and done, money and fame can bring much happiness but not if there is something more serious going on.

I know because I have recovered  from a mental health crisis and am grateful for a wonderful wife and family for their love and support.

Go, Colts and I hope Jalen gets the “Eye of The Tiger” back!

Philly fans booed and pelted Santa Claus with snowballs?!

:Gaah:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

When I was a season ticket holder for 18 years and drove 2 plus hours one way to attend the games, I expected to win games against bad teams. That’s when the Colts were good of course. If the team played like crap in the first half against a bad team, booing them was ok in my book at the half. The team needed motivation and maybe the disgust from the fans might wake them up. They only played 14 games at the time. If they can’t put forth great effort on all 7 home games,  then they deserved to get booed. 

Think of the players that are busting their butts as you boo. Now think of the wealthy owners in the owners box counting their dollars as they see paying fans booing or cheering as it does not matter to them. Bottom line it is laughable that people think their boos and or cheers impact the owners. Look at the perennial bottom feeders in pro sports and how many owners have done nothing to improve to the point of turning those teams around. As a lifelong Cubs fan I have never once booed them and the same holds true of the great majority of Cubs fans. The bad years for the Colts are just that. Nothing lasts forever for Indy so despite less than positive years booing is not included in the reasons for improving.

When I was younger - and - had more $$$ - I used to travel to NFL road games for the Miami Dolphins.

I found out - QUICKLY - that fans from ANY team in the northeast act like donkey patooties!!  My apologies to all donkeys.

They are offensive towards the visiting team fans - throwing things at the visiting team - yelling very ugly things at visiting fans when those fans cheer for their team - spill beer "accidentally" in your lap or down your back - etc.

But - I was totally surprised that they would act the SAME WAY toward their team.  

Been there - done that - won't EVER do that again!!

I once ran a half marathon in Philly, way back in 2010 when I was much skinnier and healthier, and made the mistake of wearing a headband with the Colts horseshoe on it. Didn't even think twice because it was my lucky headband that I wore for any race I ran... 

It was a huge mistake in Philly. At first it was just some heckling and banter, which all people take part of. But it started to get ugly when they starting throwing cups and food at me. The heckling became angry yelling. Maybe they mistook the Colts logo for a Cowboys logo? I'll never know, I never asked. I ran like hell, took the thing off and went on my merry way.

Mind you this wasn't even an NFL affiliated event. It was just a random summer race that I chose because I'm a history teacher and wanted to visit the city. There was no brotherly love that day nor the day I went to a Bengals vs. Eagles game back in 2012. Boy they were * off to lose to Cincy that day... Pushing, shoving, punching... 

Sad to say I never have had the chance to try a true "Philly" Cheesesteak. I've had plenty of versions in Indiana and Tennessee... Since 2012 I swore off the place and decided to never visit again. 

I'm sure for those who were born and raised in the area it's a special place with decent people. But from my two experiences I had enough. 

19 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yes, I've read Ben Natan articles during draft time. He's in wrong site lol, should get a job in The Draft Network. 

Looks like there are many Elite WRs in the first round range in upcoming draft. Few Edge rushers, few OL, and of course many QBs. This draft is gonna be very interesting, compared to last year!

Do you know about the Philly old fan, who drags the opponent team's helmet with a leash like a dog in the stadium on game days. He can be identified by having an Eagle Beak in his head, so they call him BeakMan.. this time, I saw him take Vikings helmet for a walk in week 2. I wish he at least pads the helmet with cushion to avoid the screeching noise and Marks(!) on the road.

@DEColtsLover36 do you know or have you seen the BeakMan? I've seen comment from another fan meeting BeakMan in 2006 doing the same thing, so he must have been well known in Philly tailgates. He must have every other team's helmet in his closet! 

I’ve never seen him in person! LOL definitely a crazed maniac 

On 1/2/2024 at 6:00 PM, NFLfan said:

Do you think they do not show effort? Isnt the other team trying to win too?

The Eagles beat some of the best teams in the league this year. They are 11-5.

Fans that boo players and coaches for not winning a game do not have much class. Fans attend gamed to see two teams battling it out for a win. Isn't that what the Eagles teams have done?

There are times when you can tell teams are not playing with a lot of effort and intensity. The Colts did just that in Jacksonville when a win was needed to make the playoffs a year or two back. Many times play games without all out effort. One can really notice it on defense as getting to the ball carrier and tackling or just metal mistakes jumping offsides or lining up offside.

8 hours ago, sb41champs said:

When I was younger - and - had more $$$ - I used to travel to NFL road games for the Miami Dolphins.

I found out - QUICKLY - that fans from ANY team in the northeast act like donkey patooties!!  My apologies to all donkeys.

They are offensive towards the visiting team fans - throwing things at the visiting team - yelling very ugly things at visiting fans when those fans cheer for their team - spill beer "accidentally" in your lap or down your back - etc.

But - I was totally surprised that they would act the SAME WAY toward their team.  

Been there - done that - won't EVER do that again!!

I'm a Vikings fan and go to Met Life Stadium for games. I have had no problems -- no one heckles me or throws food at me. I always feel safe. One time I went to a Jets game alone at Met Life Stadium and was surrounded by Jets fans. I had no problems.

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'm a Vikings fan and go to Met Life Stadium for games. I have had no problems -- no one heckles me or throws food at me. I always feel safe. One time I went to a Jets game alone at Met Life Stadium and was surrounded by Jets fans. I had no problems.

From my personal experience, Jets fans are some of the more open and friendly fans. They're like the Cubs fans and Browns fans. They're usually super knowledgeable (I remember in '09 the Jets fans around us knew practically all of the Colts players by name) and they've suffered for so long that they go to the games just for the enjoyment of the sport itself.  

I dislike Aaron Rodgers and pretty much everything he stands for, but I hope he gets them back to relevancy just for the fan's sake. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

From my personal experience, Jets fans are some of the more open and friendly fans. They're like the Cubs fans and Browns fans. They're usually super knowledgeable (I remember in '09 the Jets fans around us knew practically all of the Colts players by name) and they've suffered for so long that they go to the games just for the enjoyment of the sport itself.  

I dislike Aaron Rodgers and pretty much everything he stands for, but I hope he gets them back to relevancy just for the fan's sake. 

There is a woman from Louisville, KY who is the biggest Teddy Bridgewater fan. She agrees with you.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

There is a woman from Louisville, KY who is the biggest Teddy Bridgewater fan. He agrees with you.

^^^ (I pressed submit accidentally.) The fan from Louisville has gone to all the sites of teams where Teddy has played. She used to say that the Jets fans were the nicest of all. She said that when he signed with the Jets, she expected the fans not to be friendly. She expected them to be like how we describe Eagles fans.  She has written that she was stunned with how open and friendly they were. She called them classy. She disliked the ones in Carolina most.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

^^^ (I pressed submit accidentally.) The fan from Louisville has gone to all the sites of teams where Teddy has played. She used to say that the Jets fans were the nicest of all. She said that when he signed with the Jets, she expected the fans not to be friendly. She expected them to be like how we describe Eagles fans.  She has written that she was stunned with how open and friendly they were. She called them classy. She disliked the ones in Carolina most.

Yes, classy is a good word for it. 

Heck even they were angry and upset when the Colts sat the starters in the second half of that game. Some of them felt the win was cheap. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Key thing here is, did you have Vikings gear on when you went to the game though. Nobody would know you were a Vikings fan except for maybe 4 or 5 people that you are around if you told them and if you are rooting for the Jets/Giants, they would have no reason to mess with you.