Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 17 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Hell during the Ravens game when he got injured it seemed like he had Baltimore’s defense figured out. Hopefully he comes back next season with a vengeance. 

He will. He just has to stay healthy and try to avoid contact as much as possible. When I look at QB's that I think can win a SB, it would be Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson, and Allen (possibly Hurts), Purdy to me is puzzling - with the team he has he can win the SB but these playoffs will show me a lot. Allen plays a lot like Luck, they are almost identical. If Allen doesn't watch it, he may end up getting injured with the running he does. Goff and the Lions are still my Darkhorse at making the SB.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Those were the days that no matter what they did, the Bengals seemed to make moves that did not work. How times have changed! They have made very good moves in the draft and free agency in many years.

Yeah he said he’s still not ready to talk about 1995 lol…

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He will. He just has to stay healthy and try to avoid contact as much as possible. When I look at QB's that I think can win a SB, it would be Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson, and Allen (possibly Hurts), Purdy to me is puzzling - with the team he has he can win the SB but these playoffs will show me a lot. Allen plays a lot like Luck, they are almost identical. If Allen doesn't watch it, he may end up getting injured with the running he does. Goff and the Lions are still my Darkhorse at making the SB.

I’m not gonna lie, a Browns and Lions Super Bowl would be so awesome just to see those two franchises finally make it and win it all for their loyal fans. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, who will be elected to the NFL Hall of Fame this year? I think Peppers and Gates are locks. Hester has a good chance to get in this year. Who else?

Which of the WRs will make it? (Not including Hester)

I would like to see an offensive lineman. Speaking of bad Bengals teams, Willie Anderson was a bright spot on mostly bad Bengals teams, IIRC. He should get in.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

So, who will be elected to the NFL Hall of Fame this year. I think Peppers and Gates are locks. Hester has a good chance to get in this year. Who else?

I would like to see an offensive lineman. Speaking of bad Bengals teams, Willie Anderson was a bright spot on mostly bad Bengals teams, IIRC. He should get in.

Yes to Anderson. One of the greatest RTs ever.

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm a Dan Campbell fan.  Love his fire.

Everyone likes him. I remember when a fan here said he wished that the Colts had hired Dan Campbell, not Frank Reich. The forum members here gave the fan a hard time. I think a lot of Colts fans now agree with this fan.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

So, who will be elected to the NFL Hall of Fame this year? I think Peppers and Gates are locks. Hester has a good chance to get in this year. Who else?

Reggie Wayne has more Yards, TDs, and Catches than Holt + was a main part of the 2006 Colts Championship team. Holt won a ring but was just a rookie and was like the 3rd option on that team. Wayne should get in over Holt.

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What a high scoring first quarter! I can't believe Trevor Siemian is still a QB in the NFL.

7 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I didn’t realize Wilson wasn’t playing for the Jets tonight. I would’ve picked the Browns in the Pick ‘Em. And sat the Jets defense for my fantasy championship…

Siemian sucks. Why are they even playing him? 

I don't know... 

In the games Wilson started, Jets scored

22, 10, 10, 20, 31, 20, 13, 6, 12, 6, 30, 0.

On an average of 15 points per game, In which he contributed 8 pass TDs, 7 interceptions and 7 lost fumbles. He played great in 2 or 3 games, no doubt, but out of 12 games in a great team with great RB and defense is not going to cut it. It's his 3 year? 

In the games Siemian has started, he's had 2 TDs and 2 interceptions, 1 lost fumble, has thrown for 200+ yards and the team has scored 20 and 30 points.

I think they're tired of Wilson experiment. 

What a play by Dak Prescott to Lamb for a 92-yard TD! Prescott was in his own end zone about to be sacked for a safety. I don't know how he wiggled out but he did and threw the ball deep to Lamb who caught it and ran it to the end zone unimpeded for a TD.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Lions call a fake punt inside the Lions own 30. They get the first down and a lot more. They now have a lot of momentum. After 3 or four more plays, they have 1st and goal on the 2- yard line.

7-3 Dallas but Lions may score here.

4th Down and goal, and going for it...

They turn it over on downs. Dallas takes over on their own 4 yard line. Dallas has had bad field position since I started watching this in the beginning of the second quarter.