Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 17 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

49 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I seen that earlier. Just crazy.

Imagine the criticism Mr. Irsay would get if he did that! I don't think he would do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

The Vikings are not making the playoffs if they continue to play like this. They won't beat Detroit. They don't appear like they will beat GB either.

Great thing about it is Vikings with 3 losses now, will be picking NFL Draft around #11-#13, which would be awesome.

There's no use in going to playoffs with this team and backup QBs. Rather that would affect the draft. 

Now we can finally look forward for a chance at blue chip player in the draft, possibly in defense.

I think Vikings will extend Kirk.

If they get a chance to move up à bit and get a good QB in the draft, they should still do that even if he has to sit behind Kirk for a year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He goes I am a free agent I am out of here lol. With some expletives.

Ha ha... He actually was so upset when Vikings started 1-4 with Kirk making mistakes in early games before he settled down, them got injured.

I think Vikings probably rank the worst this season in turning the ball over, so there has been lots of frustration on both sides. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think Vikings will extend Kirk.

If they get a chance to move up à bit and get a good QB in the draft, they should still do that even if he has to sit behind Kirk for a year. 

I agree.

28 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He goes I am a free agent I am out of here lol. With some expletives.

Jefferson said that? I don't think he is a free agent. The Vikes picked up his fifth year option.

If he does not want to be in Minnesota, I would love a Diggs-like trade. He is not better than the team. If he does not want to be there, I say to take the best trade offer for him.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Jefferson said that? I don't think he is a free agent. The Vikes picked up his fifth year option.

If he does not want to be in Minnesota, I would love a Diggs-like trade. He is not better than the team. If he does not want to be there, I say to take the best trade offer for him.

That probably was not his intention.. every one gets heated after such a loss. 

• NFLfan unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfanwe will trade you our 1st round pick for Jefferson Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

You are picking too low this year. I need a first this year and a first next year. Deal? He is great but I can't have people with that attitude here. I actually think he is a really good guy but he hates losing.

He and AR would look great. I imagine a Daunte Culpeper to Randy Moss kind of success.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You are picking too low this year. I need a first this year and a first next year. Deal? He is great but I can't have people with that attitude here. I actually think he is a really good guy but he hates losing.

He and AR would look great. I imagine a Daunted Culpeper to Randy Moss kind of success.

How about a 1st this year and a 2nd next year?

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about a 1st this year and a 2nd next year?

Nah. Two ones. I might take a first round pick and a QB. Say, AR and a #1 for JJ. haha

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ok he didn’t say I am a free agent said this is my last year. I thought there was some curse words but wasn’t. @VikingsFanInChennai 

@NFLfan

Thanks, he's still young. He'll be okay, considering Kirk was injured.

Now, if Vikings don't return Kirk and draft a QB that doesn't work out, and also pay JJ to be there next year, then it could get ugly.

JJ just didn't get the targets enough with the backup situation. He'll be alright with Kirk, and I think Vikings are gonna sign Kirk whether they get to draft a QB or not. 

• Like 1

Dan Campbell, Lions HC, has commented about the controversial 2 point penalty. 

Per SI 

"It’s about eligibility,” Campbell said, via Pro Football Talk. “That’s what it’s about. And it has nothing to do with the ref. The ref knows. He knows. Because 68 [Taylor Decker] reported. It’s for the defense, so that they see three different people. And you’re just hoping they happen to not hear that it’s 70 [Dan Skipper] [who isn’t eligible]. That’s all.”

Well, the Lions didn't just confuse the Cowboys. They clearly confused the referees as well.