Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Draft One of the Worst?

Coming to the end of the second season for the 2022 draft class.  Is it me or is this one of the weakest draft classes in recent memory?  With the exception of Sauce Gardner and maybe Aiden Hutchinson not a lot of superstars out of this class.  Highest QB taken was Pickett mid first round.  But when you go through it seems overall was flat.  Thoughts?

NFL Draft 2022 Picks by Round - ESPN https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/rounds/_/season/2022

• Like 1

Still wasn’t as bad as the 2013 NFL draft. That is still the worst in the last 10 years.

2022 has some guys that could still emerge as great players. James Cook and George Pickens for starters. Kayvon Thidbodeux is coming on as well. It’s too early to fully judge.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ArmchairQB said:

Coming to the end of the second season for the 2022 draft class.  Is it me or is this one of the weakest draft classes in recent memory?  With the exception of Sauce Gardner and maybe Aiden Hutchinson not a lot of superstars out of this class.  Highest QB taken was Pickett mid first round.  But when you go through it seems overall was flat.  Thoughts?

NFL Draft 2022 Picks by Round - ESPN https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/rounds/_/season/2022

Not a lot of superstars isn’t a standard for calling a class “one of the worst”.  

If there were a lot of busts, THAT would be your standard.    But I don’t see a lot of busts.   I see a lot of good solid players.  
And it’s helpful if you wait at least three full years before you judge any class.   That’s considered a safer measure.  

On 12/26/2023 at 12:13 AM, ArmchairQB said:

I'll agree -- it's pretty poor.  Doubtful there are any HOF players coming out of that draft!

• 1 month later...

On 12/26/2023 at 10:45 AM, Defjamz26 said:

Still wasn’t as bad as the 2013 NFL draft. That is still the worst in the last 10 years.

2022 has some guys that could still emerge as great players. James Cook and George Pickens for starters. Kayvon Thidbodeux is coming on as well. It’s too early to fully judge.

I would take Garrett Wilson on my team. Jets selected the offensive and defensive rookies of the year.

Chris Olave and Kyle Hamilton have also played very well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I would take Garrett Wilson on my team. Jets selected the offensive and defensive rookies of the year.

Chris Olave and Kyle Hamilton have also played very well.

All great players. Also Hutchinson. McDuffie made the pro-bowl. Breece Hall in the 2nd round too.

• Like 1

Does being All-Pro qualify as Super Star?

McDuffie was last season. 

Too early imo to go there with it but the fact is that draft classes are determined based around the quarterback class, and this one has only had one person starter emerge(Pickett) and more than likely he's on the chopping block going forward. I liked Malik Willis athletically coming out, but he seemingly has struggled to find out how the game of football works so far. 

Not only would I disagree since there are a lot of good players in this draft but it’s only been 2 years. This draft like many has a lot of very solid players that will have good names now and throughout their careers. Look back in just 2 years and you might not agree with your post.