Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts at Bengals plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

The storm system is moving through tonight, and will be out for tomorrows kickoff. Aside from perhaps some gusty winds, weather forecast looks ok. Cloudy around 40 degrees.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Speed is one of our best players against the run. He has also had  a few game saving plays. I know Olubi had the one against the pats but he and Stuard are not speed.

just my opinion. I don't think we will see much of a dropoff there.

• Like 1

...When it comes to our d-line, they rotate many different players in and out, throughout the game.

But not with our LBs... the same two or three guys play exclusively each week.

Even though he would come off the field, here and there, Shaq Leonard was entrenched as one of the starters, along with Speed and Franklin.  Didn't get to see much of anyone else, this whole year, at LB position. To the point, we don't really know how good the backups actually are? (or could be?)

I like EJ Speed. Just think we should be ok, with our other LBs in his absence.

Perhaps Stuard, Olubi or Harrison will take advantage of the opportunity presented?

• Like 2

I don’t like this matchup for the Colts.  Of course I didn’t like last weeks either and the Colts still won.  

As for this game the Bengals showed Monday they aren’t going to just fall apart without Burrow and that passing game is still very potent going against an inexperienced Colts secondary even if Brents plays.  

We also know the Bengals are very good at taking the ball away and we are all aware of Garder’s tendency to give it away more than he should.  

I don’t think the Colts are in a position for any game to be a trap game but this could be one.  They are riding high having won four in a row and they are coming off a big win vs a division rival and they have a huge home game next week.  It’s possible they could get trapped by a Bengals team playing with their backup QB.  

Again, I didn’t like last week’s match up either and that turned out okay for the Colts so I would love to be wrong two weeks in a row.