Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ju ju brents injury

Stephen

No idea how serious his is. I pulled my quad during football when I was 26. I could walk and jog fine but could not run full speed for around 6wks. One day it was like a switch was flipped and the pain and tightness basically went away. Had the same with a pec injury but not as long. Muscle injuries are weird.   

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Theres rarely, if ever,  a time where a roster spot isn’t needed.   Empty spots get filled.  

They have not even called up extra players from PS. So they clearly don’t need it. Steichen even said that today when asked.  The new PS squad rules even help this situation if you do need to call someone up. Plus you can only IR someone so many times. So why do it if you don’t know if it’s needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Does any one know the severity of ju ju brents quads injury.  I've read that some can recover in 2 weeks from light quad injuries  and as much as 3 months from others which begs the question why wasn't  he on ir

Because they thought there was a chance he would be back before the four week requirement that comes with going on IR.  Based on reporting at the time they thought it would be close and they seriously considered IR.  Turns out they were guilty of not being able to predict the future and it’s going to take a week or two longer than they originally hoped.  Happens with injuries.  

21 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because they thought there was a chance he would be back before the four week requirement that comes with going on IR.  Based on reporting at the time they thought it would be close and they seriously considered IR.  Turns out they were guilty of not being able to predict the future and it’s going to take a week or two longer than they originally hoped.  Happens with injuries.  

They were truly off with woods

6 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

No idea how serious his is. I pulled my quad during football when I was 26. I could walk and jog fine but could not run full speed for around 6wks. One day it was like a switch was flipped and the pain and tightness basically went away. Had the same with a pec injury but not as long. Muscle injuries are weird.   

wow, very similar.  I was trying to break loose a very tight bolt on a caliper bracket lying on my side under my car and I felt something give way in my chest and heard a "POP" , it was the pectoral.  It was brutal for a while. Didn't go away for about 2 months. No upper-body weight-lifting is possible for that duration.

10 hours ago, Stephen said:

They were truly off with woods

He suffered a second injury while rehabbing the first.  That’s not being off that’s again being guilty of not being able to see the future.  Also, they didn’t keep Woods on the active roster.  They put him on IR knowing he would be out more than four weeks and he was.  They weren’t off at all.

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He suffered a second injury while rehabbing the first.  That’s not being off that’s again being guilty of not being able to see the future.  Also, they didn’t keep Woods on the active roster.  They put him on IR knowing he would be out more than four weeks and he was.  They weren’t off at all.

He was initially  supposed  to return in camp and now looks like he will miss whole season  from hamstring injury 

12 hours ago, Stephen said:

He was initially  supposed  to return in camp and now looks like he will miss whole season  from hamstring injury 

Huh?    

Brents has played this season and played very well.   In 4 games he logged 20 solo tackles an interception and a forced fumble.    Thats a lot for a corner.   And it wasn’t one hamstring.  Brents strained the other one as well.  Two separate unrelated injuries.  

But he DID play.  

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?    

Brents has played this season and played very well.   In 4 games he logged 20 solo tackles an interception and a forced fumble.    Thats a lot for a corner.   And it wasn’t one hamstring.  Brents strained the other one as well.  Two separate unrelated injuries.  

But he DID play.  

I thought it was a quad injury this time

17 hours ago, Stephen said:

No one ever said he would return in camp.  Some speculated it but the Colts never said it and moved him to IR when they had too for roster cut downs.  That’s how IR works because if you do it during camp you miss the whole year.  So in order to designate him for a return they had to wait until the final cuts happened.

Then when he was getting close to his return he suffered a second injury to the other hamstring which might cost him the season.  Other than not being able to predict he would suffer a second injury while rehabbing the first one what did the Colts mess up?

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?    

But he DID play.  

He’s talking about Woods

• Thanks 1