Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congrats coach Harbaugh...

I’m not really surprised by the outcome, Ohio State has a QB problem. Where the team has been winning despite McCords play instead of winning because of his play. Michigan should have won this game and they did. The only criticism of Michigan is that some of those fgs should have been touchdowns. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I’m not really surprised by the outcome, Ohio State has a QB problem. Where the team has been winning despite McCords play instead of winning because of his play. Michigan should have won this game and they did. The only criticism of Michigan is that some of those fgs should have been touchdowns. 

Yeah….  Ohio State has a top-5 team, but not a top-5 quarterback.   The kid isn’t terrible, but looks like someone who should be the quarterback of a team ranked roughly 20-30 +/-

I caught the end and seen that Michigan needed to run the clock out to seal the victory AND they did with like 3 or 4 straight first downs by just handing the ball off(I think there was only 1 pass). Ohio St seemed to be in base defense and wasn't selling out to stop the run. The announcer even said they need to take a chance and have some run blitzes to try and get the ball back for the offense. I'm certainly no expert in X's & O's, especially defensively, but I agreed with the analyst who didn't agree with the the defensive play calling. :thinking: 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah….  Ohio State has a top-5 team, but not a top-5 quarterback.   The kid isn’t terrible, but looks like someone who should be the quarterback of a team ranked roughly 20-30 +/-

Yup thats a great summarization. To think it could of been Ewers instead of McCord if he didn't transfer to Texas, that would of been a dangerous team.

• Like 1

I have only bet on 2 things this year regarding college football. I had $100 on Colorado winning 6 games, I lost. I thought Deion was good for 6, they won 4. Got my money back today though. I had $100 on Michigan today and even had to give up 3.5 points. 

Thank you Michigan for shutting the haters up. Going into this game everyone including Ohio St knew about the alleged cheating scandal. The media piled on Michigan saying they were guilty, some wanted them banned from the playoffs. NOW WHAT? They obviously didn't cheat today. What a freaking witchhunt! I hope Michigan wins it all. Coach Harbaugh will be back for the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yup thats a great summarization. To think it could of been Ewers instead of McCord if he didn't transfer to Texas, that would of been a dangerous team.

By the way, sorry that OSU has lost its good HC.   I saw Smith is now at Michigan State.   Is one of his top assistants now the new HC at Oregon State?   Just curious.   Smith did a nice job at OSU.  

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

By the way, sorry that OSU has lost its good HC.   I saw Smith is now at Michigan State.   Is one of his top assistants now the new HC at Oregon State?   Just curious.   Smith did a nice job at OSU.  

Yeah... I knew Smith was gonna be gone as soon as Oregon State didn't get a chance to move to a new conference. He is a really good coach and completely rebuilt the football department when he took over, the Beavers were the laughing stock of the PAC-12 losing to teams like Portland state before he took over and every year added talent and built a team that beat Oregon last year and was arguably the 3rd best team in the pac-12. 

Sadly I think Oregon state football in the FBS is gonna go back to being a low tier team as their budget is projected to be less than half of what they previously got with the PAC-12 being on the brink of dissolving. Michigan State is getting a great up and coming coach as this was Smith's first head coach position. I wouldn't be surprised if some of our best players transfer to Michigan State as well including our QB DJ Uiagalelei (if he doesn't declare for draft) as he will be an immediate upgrade at the position.

6 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah... I knew Smith was gonna be gone as soon as Oregon State didn't get a chance to move to a new conference. He is a really good coach and completely rebuilt the football department when he took over, the Beavers were the laughing stock of the PAC-12 losing to teams like Portland state before he took over and every year added talent and built a team that beat Oregon last year and was arguably the 3rd best team in the pac-12. 

Sadly I think Oregon state football in the FBS is gonna go back to being a low tier team as their budget is projected to be less than half of what they previously got with the PAC-12 being on the brink of dissolving. Michigan State is getting a great up and coming coach as this was Smith's first head coach position. I wouldn't be surprised if some of our best players transfer to Michigan State as well including our QB DJ Uiagalelei (if he doesn't declare for draft) as he will be an immediate upgrade at the position.

That is too bad. Sorry about that. I cannot watch college football anymore, as there are just too many changes to too many aspects of a team every year. Coaches, players, and conferences change so often. The transfer policies now allow the top players to transfer to the top teams. Schools change conferences in what seems to be every other year. Coaches don't stay at their jobs anymore. I love coaches like Campbell at Iowa State who sticks to one team despite being wooed by many teams. (I am assuming he is still at Iowa St.)

But I do miss the excitement of watching all college sports. Yesterday, as I was walking in NYC, I saw all these "kids", yelling "Go Blue". They were celebrating Michigan's win over Ohio State.

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is too bad. Sorry about that. I cannot watch college football anymore, as there are just too many changes to too many aspects of a team every year. Coaches, players, and conferences change so often. The transfer policies now allow the top players to transfer to the top teams. Schools change conferences in what seems to be every other year. Coaches don't stay at their jobs anymore. I love coaches like Campbell at Iowa State who sticks to one team despite being wooed by many teams. (I am assuming he is still at Iowa St.)

But I do miss the excitement of watching all college sports. Yesterday, as I was walking in NYC, I saw all these "kids", yelling "Go Blue". They were celebrating Michigan's win over Ohio State.

You are missing a great season. Georgia, Michigan, Washington, and Oregon all look like pro teams. That would be a great Final 4. Unfortunately, the loser of the Washington/Oregon game will get kicked out if Florida St wins next week. Washington already beat Oregon once, but it was the game of the year at 36-33. I have a feeling Oregon will win the rematch. Washington is better than Florida St, Florida St hasn't played anyone + their QB is out for the season. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are missing a great season. Georgia, Michigan, Washington, and Oregon all look like pro teams.

That is exactly why I don't like it. Some teams are far better than others. The only good thing there is that Alabama is not included.

Given how much you were against the Astros, I am surprised how much you are supporting Michigan. Is it to support Harbaugh?

Of all those teams, I am rooting for Washington.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is exactly why I don't like it. Some teams are far better than others. The only good thing there is that Alabama is not included.

Given how much you were against the Astros, I am surprised how much you are supporting Michigan. Is it to support Harbaugh?

I don't think Harbaugh cheated - there is not enough evidence for me to think he is responsible of that. I think the Astros did - the evidence was there. Michigan has been simply better than everyone they have played this season. To me by beating Ohio St yesterday almost even proves Michigan didn't cheat. That was by far their toughest opponent and Harbaugh wasn't there. Michigan still won. It is common sense that Michigan would not to cheat to beat teams like Indiana, Purdue, and so on lmao .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I like Washington a lot but Oregon is a machine too. That game next week is their SB.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...