Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

7 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

I saw that our current playoff matchup would be against the Chefs. I wouldn’t mind that matchup. Chefs are starting to get into a little but of a funk and Colts could matchup well agains them. I’d rather face them out of Miami/Baltimore/Jags

Kansas City Chiefs Football GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Proud Swag GIF by State Farm

Got me thinking about the State farm commercial with the end zone paint . I love those.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe he is just a fast healer. He has never missed a game in his college career or nfl career. They thought he would miss with the knee injury too and he didn’t. QB is the one position where QB have played with this injury.

This is all about him keeping his streak going.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans might struggle these last 4 games. They have injuries to pass catchers and stroud went into concussion protocol. 

Broncos started with a Wilson int. Hopefully they will lose. Bills got a mahomes early int.

Definitely rooting for the chargers and chiefs today

On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

Will keep this updated as season progresses:

• (overall record, division record, conference record, SOS, SOV)(remaining schedule)

Tie Breaker Order:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tie-breaking-procedures/

Division:

Conference:

Updated Week 14 Standings:

* - Still to play

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-5, 4-1, 6-4(@Browns, Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 7-6 , 3-2, 5-4(Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Texans 7-6, 1-2, 4-4(@Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

Titans 4-8, 0-3, 2-6(@Dolphins, Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

1. Ravens 10-3, 3-2, 6-3, .510, .486 (@Jaguars, @49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

*2. Dolphins 9-3, 3-1, 6-2, .393, .303 (Titans, Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills)

*3. Chiefs 8-4, 3-1, 6-1, .542, .490 (Bills, @Patriots, Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-5, 4-1, 6-4, .549, .510 (@Browns, Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns  8-5, 3-2, 5-3, .545, .529 (Bears, @Texans, Jets, @Bengals)

6. Colts 7-6, 3-2, 5-4, .458, .381 (@Bengals, Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

7. Steelers 7-6, 3-1, 5-4, .531, .512 (@Colts, Bengals, @Seahawks, @Ravens)

Still in Hunt:

8. Texans 7-6, 1-2, 4-4, .490, .471 (@Jets, @Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

9. Bengals 7-6, 0-4, 3-6, .559, .521 (Colts, Vikings, @Steelers, @Chiefs, Browns)

*10. Broncos 6-6, 1-2, 3-5, .510, .514 (@Chargers, @Lions, Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

*11. Bills 6-6, 2-2, 3-5, .462, .425 (@Chiefs, Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins)

*12. Chargers 5-7, 1-1, 3-4, .521, .350 (Broncos, @Raiders, Bills, @Broncos, Chiefs)

*13. Raiders 5-7, 1-2, 3-5, .486, .367 (Vikings, Chargers, @Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

Not Officially Out:

14. Jets 5-8, 1-3, 3-6, .528, .542 (Texans, @Dolphins, Commanders, @Browns, @Patriots)

*15. Titans 4-8, 0-3, 2-6, .507, .375 (@Dolphins, Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

16. Patriots 3-10, 2-2, 3-5, .531, .417 (Chiefs, @Broncos, @Bills, Jets) 

Updated OP.

This is what I have right now. 

• Like 1

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 17- post 1pm week 14

I really don’t have much confidence in this colts team. I mean they are really just overachieving winning against weak opponents. I’m not shocked we lost against the bengals. So as it stands we’ll have a late round draft pick as we barely miss the playoffs or lose in the first round. This Colts team is just not good enough.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I really don’t have much confidence in this colts team. I mean they are really just overachieving winning against weak opponents. I’m not shocked we lost against the bengals. So as it stands we’ll have a late round draft pick as we barely miss the playoffs or lose in the first round. This Colts team is just not good enough.

I think making the playoffs would be a huge achievement. Even if they lose the first game.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

By the rules this makes sense. I just don’t understand why espn and cbs are different.in the end it doesn’t matter if they beat Steelers.

NFL.com has us at #6.

Not trusting ESPN anymore, they have some issues.

Tie breaker rules are pretty clear with 3 or more teams.

Division rank is first elimination 

• Like 2

Chiefs are getting trounced by the bills. Bills are probably going to make it.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

NFL.com has us at #6.

Not trusting ESPN anymore, they have some issues.

Tie breaker rules are pretty clear with 3 or more teams.

Division rank is first elimination 

Yeah I just wish someone would correct them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Chiefs are getting trounced by the bills. Bills are probably going to make it.

Yeah I just wish someone would correct them.

Bills will prob move to the #7 seed with win, as they would be #2 in East, but has worse conference record than us 

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think we do regardless. We can’t lose to the 3 afc north teams vying for the 3 wildcard spots. Just not going to work out for us. Have to beat the Steelers. 

As long as we can stay in front of the Texans in the division, we should be good. Well as long as we win some games.

That will keep us at #2 in the division and get us in in front of #3's and #4's.

• Like 1

Colts fans keep looking at the teams ahead but realistically these teams they play are pretty even with colts. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we beat Pitt, we will be in the top 7 regardless looking at every possibility factoring in next week's games. 

It’s all for nothing if we go down to Atlanta and lose.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

As long as we can stay in front of the Texans in the division, we should be good. Well as long as we win some games.

That will keep us at #2 in the division and get us in in front of #3's and #4's.

That's not how it works. Once one team is decided by a tie breaker, then the remaining teams enter the tie breaking scenarios from the beginning. If you check NFL.com now they have updated it. Steelers are 6 and Bengals are 7, Colts are 8.

It's because once the Steelers win the multi team tie break, it starts over again with the remaining teams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Sleeze said:

That's not how it works. Once one team is decided by a tie breaker, then the remaining teams enter the tie breaking scenarios from the beginning. If you check NFL.com now they have updated it. Steelers are 6 and Bengals are 7, Colts are 8.

It's because once the Steelers win the multi team tie break, it starts over again with the remaining teams. 

If we beat Pitt next week we move up and own the tie breaker over them, they will be out. We also own the tie breaker over Houston regarding them. Today's loss wasn't good but not the end of the world. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we beat Pitt next week we move up and own the tie breaker over them, they will be out. We also own the tie breaker over Houston regarding them. Today's loss wasn't good but not the end of the world. 

Totally agree. A win over Pitt is very important.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Sleeze said:

Unfortunately, everything that could happen today to hurt the Colts is happening. Browns, Bengals, Bills, and Broncos all winning. The only good thing today was Texans losing.

This is why I said browns winning would be bad. Jags have ravens next week. Colts could still end up with the same record as them as of next week with 3 to go. They have to go to Bucs who are tied for the division.  Everything actually went well for the division if colts hadn’t laid a egg.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Sleeze said:

Totally agree. A win over Pitt is very important.

Today stunk bigtime, very disappointed in the guys. It seemed like we weren't ready. Unacceptable. Having said that winning 5 in a row is hard to do and Cincy was desperate. Losing to Pitt will have me wondering WTH is going on. They are a mess; we should win that and get back on track.