Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 10 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

Week 10  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Panthers @ Bears: Which rookie QB wins this game?

• Bryce Young
    • Tyson Bagent
    • Neither

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2023 at 01:45 AM

I honestly hate all the QB injuries this year. This Jets team would’ve been so electric with Rodgers in there at QB. Our Colts would’ve been so dynamic with the offense with Anthony healthy… 

Fields being out makes the Bears boring… Captain Kirk was just starting to play some of his best football of his career… I even miss Stafford playing with the Rams. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I honestly hate all the QB injuries this year. This Jets team would’ve been so electric with Rodgers in there at QB. Our Colts would’ve been so dynamic with the offense with Anthony healthy… 

Fields being out makes the Bears boring… Captain Kirk was just starting to play some of his best football of his career… I even miss Stafford playing with the Rams. 

QB play in the league has not been great this year. The QB injuries have been brutal.

19 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Jets need to move on from Wilson after this season. Definitely should look to draft a QB in the mid rounds. 

They draft a QB every two to three years. I thought they should have kept Sam Darnold, but he has not played too well wherever he has gone.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It was cool to see Antonio Pierce not only trying to get his guys into position to win in those final seconds, but also actively teaching his players at the same time. He could be something special. He definitely knows how to play defense against the best of the best. 

I remember him with the Giants. He was a leader on that team. I heard on the broadcast today that he went undrafted. I never knew that. I seems more like a leader than Josh McDaniels. McD looked almost uncomfortable as Raiders head coach. He looked out of place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Raiders playing in Miami next week should help colts too.

They are really bad at developing and evaluating quarterbacks.

Some teams are good at it (Colts, Packers, Chargers Eagles) and others like the Jets and Vikings are not.

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@csmopar Will you be watching O'Connell tonight?

Yes I did. He definitely looked like a rookie getting used to the speed of the NFL. Especially in the first half, but I find it remarkable that he shook off the INT and led the comeback for a win against a top 3 defense.  Long term, I think he’s gonna be very solid for the Raiders and with the right coach, possibly even better

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I remember him with the Giants. He was a leader on that team. I heard on the broadcast today that he went undrafted. I never knew that. I seems more like a leader than Josh McDaniels. McD looked almost uncomfortable as Raiders head coach. He looked out of place.

There was another moment where one of the corners was celebrating a missed throw on a 2nd down. Pierce quickly grabbed him and corrected him to tone it down. There’s a certain swag Raiders are supposed to have, and it looks like he’s doing a good job reinstating it. 

The Raiders I remember as a kid were always tough, relentless and very confident. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yes I did. He definitely looked like a rookie getting used to the speed of the NFL. Especially in the first half, but I find it remarkable that he shook off the INT and led the comeback for a win against a top 3 defense.  Long term, I think he’s gonna be very solid for the Raiders and with the right coach, possibly even better

It’s really cool to see yet another Purdue QB in the NFL. Purdue doesn’t win championships anymore, but they sure can develop QBs (sans Painter). 

That TD throw was a beauty. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It’s really cool to see yet another Purdue QB in the NFL. Purdue doesn’t win championships anymore, but they sure can develop QBs (sans Painter). 

He’s the first QB that Purdue has sent to the league that looks serviceable since Kyle Orton. When Joe Tiller retired, so did the QB development. I’d love to see Purdue return to the days if being the cradle of QBs as they called it back then

• Like 1

What keeps this season exciting at 5-5 is, we now have meaningful games the rest of November and perhaps December/January. 3 critical games will be Raiders, at Cincy Bengals, and Texans again. These teams are all bunched up. The way Houston is playing now, luckily, we caught them early and won at their place. How we sacked Stroud 7 times, it is hard to imagine. We have the tiebreaker over them. After losing the Browns and Saints games, these last 2 against at Carolina and vs the Pats were absolute must wins to keep this team in the playoff hunt. After the Bye, to me the Bucs game is a must win too because you don't want to drop below .500.

So far what has kept this team afloat, we are good in close games (7 points or less). 3-2 in those games, really should be 4-1 as we got cheated vs the Browns. Some can come back and say, we got a non-call at Baltimore which helped us win, perhaps. Having said that, the Browns got 2 bogus holding calls go their way in the last 30 seconds. We had the game won. I still think we got screwed worse than the Ravens did.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

One of my favorite Purdue QBs was Kyle Orton. I thought he would do better in the NFL than he actually did.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah... He probably would've had McDaniels not ruined him... 

I did not remember that he had McDaniels as coach. That is right. I liked Kyle Orton. Whenever I watched a Purdue game, he seemed to do something to win the game.

I miss watching college football. All these conference changes has soured me on NCAA sports, including college football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Orton was a good game manager. Just didn't have the arm strength to become great. When he played, he was above average for the most part.

Ha! I always say that I am a fan of game managers. :)  Teddy, Orton, to lesser extent Keenum..

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I did not remember that he had McDaniels as coach. That is right. I liked Kyle Orton. Whenever I watched a Purdue game, he seemed to do something to win the game.

I miss watching college football. All these conference changes has soured me on NCAA sports, including college football.

McD coached Orton when in Denver.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I remember that. I also remember that he played with the Bears. Was he Cutler's teammate in Chicago and in Denver?

Nope. Cutler was part of the deal when Joshy came into Denver. He pushed Jay out and traded him to Chicago in exchange for Orton. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Nope. Cutler was part of the deal when Joshy came into Denver. He pushed Jay out and traded him to Chicago in exchange for Orton. 

Cutler never played under McD? My memory for that time is poor. I do remember Tebow beating Pittsburgh in that playoff game.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Cutler never played under McD? My memory for that time is poor. I do remember Tebow beating Pittsburgh in that playoff game.

Nope. As soon as McDaniels arrived in 2009, he immediately tried to trade Jay to the Patriots in exchange for Cassel. He botched up the trade and it fell through. This made Jay angry and not trusting of the new organization, so they traded him away to Chicago for Orton. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

Nope. As soon as McDaniels arrived in 2009, he immediately tried to trade Jay to the Patriots in exchange for Cassel. He botched up the trade and it fell through. This made Jay angry and not trusting of the new organization, so they traded him away to Chicago for Orton. 

I wonder why. Jay was not always the happiest of people but he was a very good QB. McDaniels seems to want to trade for players he knows (Cassel, Jimmy G) and work for people he knows (Dave Ziegler as GM). I would not be surprised if the assistants were people he worked with.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

John Fox was the coach when Tebow won that game.

I got my years mixed up. Lol

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

John Fox was the coach when Tebow won that game.

Correct. Joshy boy only made it halfway into his 2nd season with the Broncos. 

I still can't believe he did the exact same thing with the Raiders... Pushed out the star QB that was a fan favorite? Check. Install a bunch of Patriot leftovers that New England didn't want anymore? Check. Allow arrogance to blind yourself so completely you lose the locker room? Check. 

He really thought he could get away with doing the same thing... again... 

• Like 2