Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big apple OUCH

csmopar

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

As you know, it isn't just Jets and Giants. It seems that nearly a third of the league's QBs have missed starts. Something like 9 rookie QBs have started games this year.

Off the top of my head:

Cousins, out for remainder of season

Rodgers, out for season

Richardson, out remainder of the season

Watson (some games)

Pickett (1 or 2 games)

Garoppolo (at least 1 game, then benched)

Jones, out remainder of season

Fields (on IR, may return)

Stafford (some time)

Tannehill missed games.

There may be more.

The Vikings are down to their 4th string QB. Cousins never missed time but he sustained a non-contact injury and is out for the rest of the season. Our backup Nick Mullens was already on IR with back problems. Our rookie QB left the game with a concussion yesterday. We still won the game with a QB who joined the team mid-week last week.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

As you know, it isn't just Jets and Giants. It seems that nearly a third of the league's QBs have missed starts. Something like 9 rookie QBs have started games this year.

Off the top of my head:

Rodgers, out for season

Watson (some games)

Pickett (1 or 2 games)

Stafford (some time)

Tannehill missed games.

There may be more.

The Vikings are down to their 4th string QB. Cousins never missed time but the sustained a non-contact injury and is out for the rest of the season. Our backup Nick Mullens was already on IR with back problems. Our rookie QB left the game with a concussion yesterday. We still won the game with a QB who joined the team mid-week last week.

Que more rules proposed to protect the QB 

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

A lot of injuries are non-contact. More rules will not help.

Didn’t say they would.  But I bet a bunch get proposed . And I do think it’ll be interesting to see what turf type these guys got hurt in, both in the practice field and stadium

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Off the top of my head:

Rodgers, out for season

Watson (some games)

Pickett (1 or 2 games)

Stafford (some time)

Tannehill missed games.

There may be more.

The Vikings are down to their 4th string QB. Cousins never missed time but he sustained a non-contact injury and is out for the rest of the season. Our backup Nick Mullens was already on IR with back problems. Our rookie QB left the game with a concussion yesterday. We still won the game with a QB who joined the team mid-week last week.

I think NFL as a whole needs to move to natural turf if that's the safest, and learn to handle its disadvantages rather than having artificial turf that seems to be a good factor in causing player injury.

I read that some opponent players have complained about Minnesota turf this season, Travis Kelce most prominent player of them. 

I also read that Vikings stadium is already scheduled to change to a different artificial turf coming spring. 

4 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think NFL as a whole needs to move to natural turf if that's the safest, and learn to handle its disadvantages rather than having artificial turf that seems to be a good factor in causing player injury.

I read that some opponent players have complained about Minnesota turf this season, Travis Kelce most prominent player of them. 

I also read that Vikings stadium is already scheduled to change to a different artificial turf coming spring. 

I did not hear that Minnesota's turf was a problem. I have not seen too many injuries there. Kelce hurt his ankle but he was able to return to the game. Kelce injury at Vikings

I see the Chargers lost WR Mike Williams in a game against Minnesota. Did the Chargers play at Minnesota? Cousins sustained his injury at GB.

I saw an article about a team looking to change their turf this offseason but I don't recall which team. I thought it was the Giants/Jets stadium turf but I cannot recall exactly.

See this for injuries to lower extremities (injuries below the hip):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/maryroeloffs/2023/11/06/nfl-injuries-daniel-jones-20th-player-sidelined-amid-debate-over-turf/amp/

I was sorry to see Kirk Cousins get hurt - he's been my fantasy football starting QB this season and last season.

I was smart enough to snatch up Joshua Dobbs as soon as the trade was announced.

Praying for Kirk Cousins and all of the injured players this season.

• Like 2

I don't recall any QB looking more lost than Zack Wilson. He pays no attention to his surroundings and for example was sacked 8 times last night. So this being true why does the Jets offense brain(?)trust continue to go with him throwing? The Jets HC has already stated he is the guy for next week and more.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

I don't recall any QB looking more lost than Zack Wilson. He pays no attention to his surroundings and for example was sacked 8 times last night. So this being true why does the Jets offense brain(?)trust continue to go with him throwing? The Jets HC has already stated he is the guy for next week and more.

Yes, some coaches live in denial, it's sad to see Robert Saleh going in that direction. I think he didn't even draft that guy, so he doesn't have to be loyal to make it work. And, Rodgers suffered the season ending injury in week 1 so Jets had all the time to assess and find a backup QB or trade for a low tier QB or shoot for a 1-year rental on Trey Lance to see if he works out.

Meanwhile, Cowboys got Lance. Cardinals poached Dobbs and then Vikings traded for Dobbs. Giants had Tyrod Taylor, Bears had Tyson Bagent and Falcons had Taylor Heinicke running their offense better than original starters. Even PJ Walker with Browns was more serviceable than Watson. Levis has surpassed Tannehill probably too. Even the dysfunctional Raiders were brave enough to bench Jimmy G and name their rookie starter in near future.

Saleh has been a sitting duck, going down with the ship for Zack Wilson, and he didn't have to prove anything about Wilson.

They had enough chances to look around the league and find a serviceable QB for their awesome defense. 

They didn't even TRY. 

20 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

oh,  didn't realize.   I thought Wilson was playing for the Jets.  I have no idea about the Giants.

On 11/10/2023 at 1:16 PM, csmopar said:

Yes but some teams have lost QB1, QB2 and QB3

The Jets have lost only Rodgers. Wilson has been the starter since Rodgers got ibjured. The Giants are on their 3rd starting QB. I think only the Vikings are starting their 4th QB, but I could be wrong.

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The Jets have lost only Rodgers. Wilson has been the starter since Rodgers got ibjured. The Giants are on their 3rd starting QB. I think only the Vikings are starting their 4th QB, but I could be wrong.

Yeah been a rough year for the QB spot for half the league nearly