Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Gameday Superstitions?

sb41champs

16 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Do you have any Colts gameday rituals and/or superstitions?

My superstition is bet against the Colts, start everyone against the Colts in fantasy, don't use any Colts in daily fantasy. That way, if they lose, I benefit. If they win, then I feel I had to sacrifice my week in fantasy or sports betting in order for my team to win.

Also, buy Colts gear for cheap at the flea market when buying players jerseys, because I feel jinxed after buying Luck and Leonard jerseys and if my players are going to retire or struggle, at least don't pay full price for them.

As far as rituals, buy a pound of yellow american boars head cheese every sunday after the flea market, and eat it during the game.

• Like 1

Back when we used to have more viewing parties (We had the only HDTV). We'd always have some food from the opponent's city. Examples: Clam chowder and Boston Cream Pie for the Patriots, BBQ for the Chiefs, Steak and Cheese sandwiches for the Eagles. It always went over well and since Peyton was playing, we won a lot.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My superstition is bet against the Colts, start everyone against the Colts in fantasy, don't use any Colts in daily fantasy. That way, if they lose, I benefit. If they win, then I feel I had to sacrifice my week in fantasy or sports betting in order for my team to win.

Also, buy Colts gear for cheap at the flea market when buying players jerseys, because I feel jinxed after buying Luck and Leonard jerseys and if my players are going to retire or struggle, at least don't pay full price for them.

As far as rituals, buy a pound of yellow american boars head cheese every sunday after the flea market, and eat it during the game.

If there are any free agents to be had playing against the Colts in fantasy, I pick them up and play them.  It seems anymore that everyone who plays against the Colts always seems to have a career day.

• Like 1

Any Colts shirt I wear on game day during a win is hung back in the closet unwashed, to be worn until it causes a loss'

If a shirt causes a loss it is taken out of the rotation for several games Off the top of my head,. I think I have 7 shirts to try before I go back to the one that won two in a row.

39 minutes ago, jemack said:

I wouldn't go out. Whether it was shopping or to a neighbor's house. Then last season it didn't matter what l did. Cuz they suuuuucked. 😲

Haha similar experience… I used to wear Colts gear the day BEFORE the game but never on actual game day, seemed like every time I did that they would win… until last season, it all fell apart. Now I just wear what I want whenever… last season killed my belief that what I was doing made a difference lmao

• Like 1