Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NBA, Pacers and all NBA talk

31 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Good stuff. Got the job done and hurt some feelings to boot. My favorite moment of this series was tonight Portis was talking % when Lillard tried to take the ball from Haliburton until James Johnson walked out on the floor. He piped down real quick when Johnson stared strolling up. 😂

This is Homer J. Simpson and the J. stands for J. , and there is a new Sheriff in town in these here Eastern parts called the Indiana Pacers, bring on the Knicks and Spike Lee -homer simpson episode 13 GIF

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

This is some greasy nonsense right here. 

Demarcus Cousins Sport GIF

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is Homer J. Simpson and the J. stands for J. , and there is a new Sheriff in town in these here Eastern parts called the Indiana Pacers, bring on the Knicks and Spike Lee -homer simpson episode 13 GIF

Philly is back in it.

• Thanks 3

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Philly now leads lmao 

Hield gave them a good boost after not playing last couple games(coaches decision)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wanted to keep Buddy, hell of a shooter. 

He didn't want to be here. Moving on was best. 

What compounded it though, was Mathurin going down afterwards.

We essentially lost both and have still got to round 2. Impressive.

Buddy is nice though. Glad he got to get back in after no minutes last 2 games.

• Like 1

I’m definitely more relieved to see the Knicks than I am the 6ers. Embiid bullies Turner. Even when he’s not at full strength I still want no part of Embiid.

We saw the Pacers play some good defense in the Bucks series so we know they can do it. We’re going to need to keep up that effort in the back court against the Knicks, but I think this matchup really favors us in the front court. Turner and Siakam should both feast in this series. If the 3s aren’t falling we shouldn’t waste any time switching it up and attacking the paint instead with those guys because I just don’t see the Knicks having an answer for them. 

• Like 1

I respect this Knicks team, their fans and media not so much. They think they are better than us because they live in a big city. Snobby to be honest. I remember the 90's when they were mocking us 'being Country like' and calling us Hayseeds. They have all the big celebrities that go to their games, like Spike, Jon Stewart, Tracy Morgan, etc..  My early look at this series:

-Brunson is going to be a problem, he is a Superstar, Haliburton is as well but not as consistent as Brunson is at scoring the ball. Haliburton is a better passer though, that is almost a wash. Brunson may be a tad better, but the Pacers have McConnell as well for depth, see my next point.

-Pacers have more depth

-Pacers are a better 3-point shooting team

-Pacers are a better Offensive team

-Knicks are better defensive team

-Knicks have HCA

This series is going to end up 2 ways. Either Pacers in 6 or Knicks in 7. Pacers will win in 6, if we can get one of 1st 2 games. If we fall behind 2-0, I doubt we can win 4 out of 5 against them. 

Rebounding will be a huge key to this series as well. The team that gets a lot of 2nd chance points, will be the team that will probably win. The Pacers have the better Big's with Turner and Pascal but the Knicks are a scrappy bunch. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What a chump. Milwaukee and their fans are a dump. I hate the Brewers too being a Cubs fan.

Then after the game he acts like this…

Just throw the whole * dude away, he’s just garbage top to bottom. Hopefully the league drops the hammer on his dumb * and he’ll have plenty of time for podcasting. What a piece of %. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Then after the game he acts like this…

Just throw the whole * dude away, he’s just garbage top to bottom. Hopefully the league drops the hammer on his dumb * and he’ll have plenty of time for podcasting. What a piece of %. 

Yeah, he is a sore loser. He can take that L and go home for the summer. He could have hurt someone with that 2nd throw, he threw it hard. 

• Like 1

The Pacers by winning last night gives them their 11th appearance in the Final 8 as an NBA franchise since the league went to 16 teams in 1984 making the playoffs. 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2024.

-Eastern Conference Finals appearances = 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2013, 2014. (8)

-NBA Finals appearances = 2000. (1)

-No NBA Championships but still a very good franchise looking at those numbers. The year the Pacers won the East (2000), they had to face Shaq, Kobe, and Phil otherwise we win it all that season and Reggie has his ring. 

-I will go by since 1984 but here is my all-time Pacers team since 1984:

PG - TY Haliburton

SG - Reggie Miller

SF - Paul George

PF - Myles Turner (I have Turner here/Rik is my Center.

C - Rik Smits

6th Man - PF - David West

My HeadCoach is Larry Bird. From 1998-2000 he made the Conference Finals in all 3 seasons he coached and the Finals in 2000.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, he is a sore loser. He can take that L and go home for the summer. He could have hurt someone with that 2nd throw, he threw it hard. 

He’s got one stop to make before he goes home for the summer. 

Apparently their travel plans were the genesis of the whole brouhaha. 

Even in the wacky world of pro wrestling this guy is a soft putz. 😂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He’s got one stop to make before he goes home for the summer. 

Apparently their travel plans were the genesis of the whole brouhaha. 

Even in the wacky world of pro wrestling this guy is a soft putz. 😂

I hope he is suspended for 10 or 20 games and since the Bucks probably let him go, the next team will think long and hard before hiring him. What an * that can't control his emotions!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Yoshinator, what happened tonight? The Wolves look legit. I think Denver will win Game 2 but the Wolves got their split. Antman is no joke, Towns is a problem as well.

Edwards dominated. Definitely a tough series. I feared the Wolves more than any team in the West. It was a bad 2nd half for the Nuggets. They need to clean their defense up and play better in game 2. Definitely worried a bit.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Edwards dominated. Definitely a tough series. I feared the Wolves more than any team in the West. It was a bad 2nd half for the Nuggets. They need to clean their defense up and play better in game 2. Definitely worried a bit.

Denver will still win in 7 IMO, but yesterday surprised me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Denver will still win in 7 IMO, but yesterday surprised me.

That team was built to play Jokic. Gobert trade worked out well for the Wolves. When they made the trade, it was with the thought that they have to go through Denver.

Heavy weight matchup.

Edwards is that guy, too. He is special.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, w87r said:

That team was built to play Jokic. Gobert trade worked out well for the Wolves. When they made the trade, it was with the thought that they have to go through Denver.

Heavy weight matchup.

Edwards is that guy, too. He is special.

Very entertaining series this will be! Minny has the players to get it done but do they have it mentally in the end without HCA.

11 hours ago, w87r said:

They have it right now

You're probably saying if it goes 7 though?

I think Denver will win Game 2, get it to 1-1. Then split in Minnesota to get it 2-2. In order for Minnesota to win the series, I think they are going to have to win twice in Denver.

Good first half, but the ball didn’t get into the paint near enough. Too many possessions where it didn’t even get past the 3 point line. But we saw how effective we can be when we do take it inside and bully them, if we can do that in the second half I think we’ll have a really strong finish. 

Nice half court shot to end the half. Didn’t touch a bit of iron, that was all net. 

• Like 1