Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Say what you want about Irsay

csmopar

Jim is a great guy who believes in giving back because he's been blessed in life.

My Jim story....

He was kind enough to sign my afcccg ticket in my avatar or whatever it's called.

He actually waited for me to go up to my office when I worked in the same building as the NFL headquarters on Park Ave in nyc. It's a 40 floor bldg with tons of companies in it.

He actually waited in the lobby for me as I ran to the elevator and got upstairs. I always had a few Colts things to sign just in case I ever ran into any Colts players/front office people.

The NFL owners would always meet there and any famous case would have players there routinely. I remember seeing Brady arrive for a deflategate meeting once. I should've pushed him down the stairs. I would've been a colts.com legend...:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Jim is a great guy who believes in giving back because he's been blessed in life.

My Jim story....

He was kind enough to sign my afcccg ticket in my avatar or whatever it's called.

He actually waited for me to go up to my office when I worked in the same building as the NFL headquarters on Park Ave in nyc. It's a 40 floor bldg with tons of companies in it.

He actually waited in the lobby for me as I ran to the elevator and got upstairs. I always had a few Colts things to sign just in case I ever ran into any Colts players/front office people.

The NFL owners would always meet there and any famous case would have players there routinely. I remember seeing Brady arrive for a deflategate meeting once. I should've pushed him down the stairs. I would've been a colts.com legend...:D

I burst out laughing...Thanks for that!

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

It’s one of his best qualities.   I think he’s the right owner for Indianapolis.   He knows his community.   

1 hour ago, ColtV said:

Considering how his father was, it's amazing the person Mr. Irsay became. 

That’s what makes me shake my head when people compare him to his father or say he’s turning into his father.  If you pay any attention you know that couldn’t be further from the truth.  His dad was an angry drunk that cared about his bottom line above all else.  Irsay would spend his last dime if he knew it would win a Super Bowl, he’s also doing something his dad never did and trying to battle his demons, and everytime you turn around he’s doing something good for community and that’s just what we know about.  Mike Chappell who has covered the team since they got here and probably knows Irsay better than anyone in town says for every story we hear about there are 10 more we don’t because when people go to report them Irsay tells them not too because that’s not why he’s doing it.  

• Like 3