CR91

35 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

To sum up what a lot of people have said:

Good:
-AR5 is money 

-Ogletree and Rainman look like breakout candidates

-D-Line and LBs get after it

Bad:

-Secondary, especially the safety play has been horrendous except for Kenny.

-WR room outside of Downs is a huge disappointment

-Shaq is washed

Kenny was the one who had that blown coverage for the Rams TD in OT. Secondary has been very hit and miss. WR room - AR isn't playing favorites like Wentz did with Pittman, that has somewhat hurt Pittman too. AR will get faster with his reads over time and start hitting Pittman more often, IMO. AR showed me a lot of throwing on the move ability to give me a Mahomes like feel (escape with a throw in mind most of the time). But there is still an "uncertainty driven backyard ball" in AR which I would like to evolve to "certainty driven backyard ball" where he reads the coverage quickly and knows where to go with the ball.

That was a bad penalty on Pittman not called in the end zone for us.

Shaq, there is a separate thread for it, I made my opinions known out there that he won't be back in 2024 in all likelihood.

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Kenny was the one who had that blown coverage for the Rams TD in OT. Secondary has been very hit and miss. WR room - AR isn't playing favorites like Wentz did with Pittman, that has somewhat hurt Pittman too. AR will get faster with his reads over time and start hitting Pittman more often, IMO. AR showed me a lot of throwing on the move ability to give me a Mahomes like feel (escape with a throw in mind most of the time). But there is still an "uncertainty driven backyard ball" in AR which I would like to evolve to "certainty driven backyard ball" where he reads the coverage quickly and knows where to go with the ball.

That was a bad penalty on Pittman not called in the end zone for us.

Shaq, there is a separate thread for it, I made my opinions known out there that he won't be back in 2024 in all likelihood.

IDK who the blown coverage was on because it looked like Moore passed it off. Regardless though, he’s been great this season. Best DB regardless of position.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

"Worst roster in the league" sounds more like hyperbole than a serious description.  But if you are implying to yourself its a serious thought that is shared by most critics of the roster, that's on you.  

There have been several people say we have ONE of the worst rosters in the league and we are deprived of talent. I am not going to dig up old threads either regarding this but that is fact of what some has said. The word "one" is what @csmoparshould have included. Most in here was just dismissing this season as a progression season for AR, and wins/losses didn't even matter. Hate to break the news for the doubters but if we win this week, we can win this division and our roster ranks around mid-pack 15-17, far from the worst but average at worse. We need to improve our Secondary and just add 1 big play making WR and we would be good at that point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There have been several people say we have ONE of the worst rosters in the league and we are deprived of talent. I am not going to dig up old threads either regarding this but that is fact of what some has said. The word "one" is what @csmoparshould have included. Most in here was just dismissing this season as a progression season for AR, and wins/losses didn't even matter. Hate to break the news for the doubters but if we win this week, we can win this division and our roster ranks around mid-pack 15-17, far from the worst but average at worse. We need to improve our Secondary and just add 1 big play making WR and we would be good at that point. 

Winning  division  depends  on a few key games. Steelers, jags, and  texans rematches are key for tie breaking purposes. Beating  the Titans and patriots will help as well.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. Those are all critical games. 

Winning the division is very difficult without at least splitting with all our division rivals at the very least, IMO.

We are due for a win vs the Steelers, let us hope this is the year.

Just now, chad72 said:

Winning the division is very difficult without at least splitting with all our division rivals at the very least, IMO.

We are due for a win vs the Steelers, let us hope this is the year.

We already have a win at Houston and if we beat Tennessee, that is 2-1 in the division so far. 2nd Jags game looms large.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We already have a win at Houston and if we beat Tennessee, that is 2-1 in the division so far. 2nd Jags game looms large.

Maybe Steichen and AR are the ones that break the losing streak in Jacksonville.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Shhhh.....you'll anger the naysayers. ( they know who they are)