Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week #4 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

The last week of the first quarter of the NFL season is upon us. It starts tonight with two NFC North rivals, the Lions at the Packers. When was the last time the Lions had two Thursday Night Football games in 5 weeks?! It should be fun to watch.

We also have this year's first game in London featuring the Falcons and the Jaguars at 9AM ET on Sunday. The Jags seem to play in Europe more than any other team. They must have a lot of fans there.

This week's other games are:

Sunday, October 1st:

1:00 pm Baltimore Ravens @ Cleveland Browns

1:00 pm Cincinnati Bengals @ Tennessee Titans

1:00 pm Denver Broncos @ Chicago Bears

1:00 pm Los Angeles Rams @ Indianapolis Colts

1:00 pm Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills

1:00 pm Minnesota Vikings @ Carolina Panthers

1:00 pm Pittsburgh Steelers @ Houston Texans

1:00 pm Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints

1:00 pm Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles

4:05 pm Las Vegas Raiders @ Los Angeles Chargers

4:25 pm Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers

4:25 pm New England Patriots @ Dallas Cowboys

8:20 pm Kansas City Chiefs @ New York Jets

Monday, Oct 2nd at 8:15 pm Seattle Seahawks @ NY Giants

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You really are a student of the game. :default_20smile:

I'm an NFL fan. :) I loved that draft; so, I remember the players well.

I used to be like that with baseball. I knew all the players.  I used to enjoy the history of baseball. I know no one in baseball now. I hope I do not lose my love of football. I used to like Tennis, Golf, College sports, but the only sport that I enjoy now is football. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is anyone waking up early to watch the game in London on Sunday? (Atlanta vs. Jacksonville)  

Why does Jacksonville play so many games in Europe? They play a game in Europe almost every year. 

They have an agreement to play in London every year. A lot of speculation has been made on them eventually moving across the pond. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Broncos and Bears game this Sunday will be very boring.

Al Michaels complained last year that Thursday night slate games aren't interesting and involving boring games . 

https://nypost.com/2023/01/13/al-michaels-rips-amazons-dreadful-thursday-night-football-games/

Then, I just read yesterday list of Thursday night games this year, that involves lot of teams that look underwhelming and how Al Michaels would not like them this year too...

So it's like a running joke..

Some of the upcoming TNF games this year:

Week 5 Bears at Commanders

Week 6 Broncos at Chiefs

Week 7 Jaguars at Saints

Week 8 Bucs at Bills

Week 9 Titans at Steelers

Week 10 Panthers at Bears

Week 11 Packers at Lions (again, but Thanksgiving week I think)

Week 14 Patriots at Steelers

Week 15 Chargers at Raiders

Week 16 Saints at Rams

Week 17 Jets at Browns

Other than that, 3 TNF weeks have very interesting games later, Bengals vs Ravens, Bengals at Browns, Seahawks at Cowboys..

I think the general opinion in fan forums is that TNF games do not involve great matchups. as it is like prime time schedule, fans expect thrilling games.. 

But this game should be good to commentate... 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Just researched. Khan (Jags owner) bought a Premier league team and signed a partnership for the Jags to play every year as the home team.

Fulham is London's oldest professional soccer club, so yeah he's got a London ground ready for NFL games..

He's also owner of AEW (All Elite Wrestling)

11 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Al Michaels complained last year that Thursday night slate games aren't interesting and involving boring games . 

https://nypost.com/2023/01/13/al-michaels-rips-amazons-dreadful-thursday-night-football-games/

Then, I just read yesterday list of Thursday night games this year, that involves lot of teams that look underwhelming and how Al Michaels would not like them this year too...

So it's like a running joke..

Some of the upcoming TNF games this year:

Week 5 Bears at Commanders

Week 6 Broncos at Chiefs

Week 7 Jaguars at Saints

Week 8 Bucs at Bills

Week 9 Titans at Steelers

Week 10 Panthers at Bears

Week 11 Packers at Lions (again, but Thanksgiving week I think)

Week 14 Patriots at Steelers

Week 15 Chargers at Raiders

Week 16 Saints at Rams

Week 17 Jets at Browns

Other than that, 3 TNF weeks have very interesting games later, Bengals vs Ravens, Bengals at Browns, Seahawks at Cowboys..

I think the general opinion in fan forums is that TNF games do not involve great matchups. as it is like prime time schedule, fans expect thrilling games.. 

But this game should be good to commentate... 

The games have been okay. The first Thursday night game that the Lions won was very entertaining.  This game is not too bad. 

How did GB score their TD. I had turned the game off for about 10 minutes and I missed when they scored.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The games have been okay. The first Thursday night game that the Lions won was very entertaining.  This game is not too bad. 

How did GB score their TD. I had turned the game off for about 10 minutes and I missed when they scored.

I had Aaron Jones and Watson in fantasy, and only realized at rush time before the game started that they both are playing, after all...

I had benched Watson, and he gets a TD...

Anyway, if they get healthy going forward, that'll help

• Like 1