Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week#3 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

I said I would not put down Kirk Cousins anymore on the Colts forum... But, what would Colts fans think if their QB did not know that with no time outs and less than 30 seconds left on the clock and driving for a TD, that he should spike the ball to stop the clock?

How do you not spike the ball, Kirk? Instead, he rushes the pass so that time does not run out. He gets intercepted, probably because he rushed the throw. The interception did not bother me as much as his failure to spike the ball to give the team a few more shots to win.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I said I would not put down Kirk Cousins anymore on the Colts forum... But, what would Colts fans think if their QB did not know that with no time outs and less than 30 seconds left on the clock and driving for a TD that you don't spike the ball to stop the clock?

How do you not spike the ball, Kirk? Instead, he rushes the pass so that time does not run out. He gets intercepted, probably because he rushed the throw. The interception did not bother me as much as his failure to spike the ball to give the team a few more shots to win.

Sounds like you have a good reason to complain.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dunk said:

Sounds like you have a good reason to complain.

He said that he could not hear the call from the head coach. He should not need the coach to tell him what to do. We had about 25 seconds left in the game after we reached the 6 yard line, making it First and Goal at the 6 yard line. Most QBs would automatically rush to the line of scrimmage and get all teammates set to spike the ball. It seems that this did not occur to him. About 12 seconds ran off the clock before he ran the play.  He was asked if he thought to spike the ball to stop the clock; he said he just called a play that he thought the coach wanted him to run.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

:funny::lol:

Cowboys lost to the Cardinals. All week I’ve heard the talking heads saying they’re the best team in football and unstoppable.

I heard that too. I am glad they lost. Do you think they would have won if Travon Diggs was playing? 

I am afraid to check on my Survival Pool pick. It seems there were many upsets. I should have picked the Niners, as I wanted . Lol.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Who are you rooting for tonight? Steelers or Raiders

The Raiders. There are very few teams I want the steelers to beat. Also followed the Raiders in the Lamonica, Blanda, and Stabler years before the Colts moved to Indy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dunk said:

The Raiders. There are very few teams I want the steelers to beat. Also followed the Raiders in the Lamonica, Blanda, and Stabler years before the Colts moved to Indy.

Colts fans do not like the Steelers. I think @2006Coltsbesteverdislikes the Steelers more than the Brady-led Patriots.

The teams I dislike most are the Cowboys and Patriots. There are many of their fans where I live.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Colts fans do not like the Steelers. I think @2006Coltsbesteverdislikes the Steelers more than the Brady-led Patriots.

The teams I dislike most are the Cowboys and Patriots. There are many of their fans where I live.

I can't stand the Steelers because they have always had the REFS in their back pocket. The REFS robbed us in 1995 in the Title Game. The 2005 SB was complete nonsense as well. John Madden even said it was 1 sided. They got lucky and beat us 1 game in 2005. Our 2005 team kicks the crap out of them 9 in 10 times. The REFS flat out cheated for them in the SB though. Go back and watch and you will know what I mean. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You’re thinking of me. I’ve said it many times. My hate for the Steelers burns with the white hot passion of a thousand suns. 

They’ve screwed the Bengals and Colts my entire life, and I think Tomlin is a *. 

• Like 1

Colts fans dislike the Steelers the way Vikings fans dislike the Saints. Vikings fans disliked Sean Payton and the Saints. I don't dislike the Saints the way most Vikings fans do.

Vikings fans hate the Cowboys and Packers. Surprisingly Vikings fans tend to support the Lions. I root for the Lions when they do not play the Vikings.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The rodgers looking good was only on paper. He only played 4 snaps and did not look good in those 4 snaps.

He played well in preseason. The players had good rapport with him. The other players don't seem to get along well with Wilson.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Colts fans dislike the Steelers the way Vikings fans dislike the Saints. Vikings fans disliked Sean Payton and the Saints. I don't dislike the Saints the way most Vikings fans do.

Vikings fans hate the Cowboys and Packers. Surprisingly Vikings fans tend to support the Lions. I root for the Lions when they do not play the Vikings.

I generally support teams that have yet to ever win it all. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

In that regard: Steelers, Patriots, 49ers and Cowboys have won enough, though Dallas hasn’t been relevant for awhile. I guess my biggest beef with them is all of the boring Prime Time games they always get. 

I have disliked them since the days of "How About Them Cowboys". That is around the time I became a fan of football. Everyone talked about them.

I would dislike them even more if I had been a football fan when we traded for Hershel Walker. That trade went a long way in helping the Cowboys build the team that would win 3 or 4 Super Bowls. I became a football fan about a year or two years after that trade. I don't even recall Walker playing for us. Lol

The Herschel Walker trade was the largest player trade in the history of the National Football League (NFL).[1] This deal on October 12, 1989, centered on sending running back Herschel Walker from the Dallas Cowboys to the Minnesota Vikings. Including Walker and a transaction involving the San Diego Chargers, the trade eventually involved 18 players and draft picks.[2] At the time of the deal, the Cowboys were one of the worst teams in the league (the team finished the 1989 season with its worst post-merger record, 1–15), trading away their best player, while the Vikings believed that Walker was the missing piece they needed to make a Super Bowl run. Thus, Minnesota originally felt that they got the better end of the deal. Instead, the Cowboys used the draft picks acquired in this trade to get the players they needed to help them win three Super Bowls in the 1990s. Meanwhile, the Vikings did not make a Super Bowl appearance with Walker

Link

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Watching Josh Jacobs in this game made me think of JT. Do you all feel confident enough in Moss that you feel comfortable not having JT back?

If JT is healthy, I’d still rather have him on the field with Moss. With this offense, AR, Moss and JT together would be formidable. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Watching Josh Jacobs in this game made me think of JT. Do you all feel confident enough in Moss that you feel comfortable not having JT back?

Depends on the price for JT. 

Not willing to pay through the nose but am willing to pay market.

Just now, landrus13 said:

Because it's the Steelers......

Oh I know that, I was just curious what justification they trotted out this time.

• Like 1

I wrote earlier that we had 25 seconds left in the game. It was actually 37 seconds. After we got a first down at the Chargers 6 yard line, we had 37 seconds left but the clock was running and we had no timeouts. Everyone expected Cousins to spike the ball to stop the clock. Cousins allowed the clock to run 25 seconds before snapping the ball. He could have spiked it and had 30 seconds on the clock to work with. He would not have had to rush the throw as he did at the end there.

@RollerColtTyler Boyd has had himself a good career. In one of the early Gavin Mock Drafts on this forum, I selected him for the Vikings in the second or third round. He has had a much better career than the WRs that went ahead of him-- Corey Coleman, Treadwell, Doctson, Will Fuller. Michael Thomas and Sterling Shepard have had good careers too, but they have missed time. I don't think Boyd has. I think they all went ahead of Boyd. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@RollerColtTyler Boyd has had himself a good career. In one of the early Gavin Mock Drafts on this forum, I selected him for the Vikings in the second or third round. He has had a much better career than the WRs that went ahead of him-- Corey Coleman, Treadwell, Doctson, Will Fuller. Michael Thomas and Sterling Shepard have had good careers too, but they have missed time. I don't think Boyd has. I think they all went ahead of Boyd. 

I agree. Boyd is steady. He can sometimes have quiet games but he has key moments when necessary. 

Bengals offense is worrying right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I agree. Boyd is steady. He can sometimes have quiet games but he has key moments when necessary. 

Bengals offense is worrying right now. 

Burrow does not look like himself. He may still be hurt. Who is the backup QB?

• Like 1