Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Opening Week 2023 Game Thread

NFLfan

Just now, NFLfan said:

I cut cable once and did not miss it. I have cable now. I don't watch much TV. I got my company to give me the network channels and 15 cable channels of my choice. It included the NFL Network but not Red Zone or the Mets Channel (called SNY). I chose channels I may watch but I watch only a few. Without taxes and other charges, it is about $50. They had been charging $140+ to have channels I never watch.

Nice. It’s a monopoly in my area. We basically have a choice of either Great (Mediocre) Plains Communications or Frontier… both are meh in customer service and tv providing. 

• Like 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

Chiefs fans better not take this era for granted. What they’re experiencing is rare and special. I did with Manning… and again with Luck… 

I think True Chiefs fans know the pain of waiting for decades for this...

Now think Vikings fans get an elite QB... They'd be taking a sip for every word Paul Allen says like it's Minneapolis Miracle.. 

• Like 2

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think True Chiefs fans know the pain of waiting for decades for this...

Now think Vikings fans get an elite QB... They'd be taking a sip for every word Paul Allen says like it's Minneapolis Miracle.. 

I was an * when young… I thought Manning would be with us for a long time… and I was fooled into thinking the same with Luck… I’ve wisened up to realize our era of being a dynasty (if we could even call it that with just one title) is over and probably won’t happen again in my lifetime. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I was an * when young… I thought Manning would be with us for a long time… and I was fooled into thinking the same with Luck… I’ve wisened up to realize our era of being a dynasty (if we could even call it that with just one title) is over and probably won’t happen again in my lifetime. 

And Time flies by so fast.. as we get older, all the elements teach us to be wiser 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Not sure if you'd call it a dynasty but we had something special for several years. 

Peyton, Marvin, Edge, Reggie, Dallas, Adam, Brandon, Dwight and the list goes on.  

Those were some great times for sure.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Not sure if you'd call it a dynasty but we had something special for several years. 

Peyton, Marvin, Edge, Reggie, Dallas, Adam, Brandon, Dwight and the list goes on.  

Those were some great times for sure.

And the guy on the screen right now, Tony Dungy. A very special coach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Pride of Detroit Lions fans are talking about blatant holding that KC OL does as Patriots used to for Brady, and how refs allow it ..

They're not happy with their zone defense, secondary still not being good, not running the ball often.. 

All fans do that. We Vikings fans complained a lot about holding by the Packers OL, especially the guy we called Bacteria haha

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

And the guy on the screen right now, Tony Dungy. A very special coach. 

I love Tony Dungy. He is such a class act and a great human being. He was our defensive coordinator in my early days as a Vikings fan.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. Mahomes may not be the GOAT, but he’s the best player in football easy.

Here's where Mahomes stacks up against the greatest of the greatest:

Tom Brady - 7 SB wins, 10 SB Apps, 3 League MVP's, 5 SB MVP's

Joe Montana - 4 SB wins, 4 SB Apps, 2 League MVP's, 3 SB MVP's

Peyton Manning - 2 SB wins, 4 SB Apps, 5 League MVP's, 1 SB MVP

Mahomes - 2 SB wins, 3 SB Apps, 2 League MVP's, 2 SB MVP's. Pretty impressive considering he may play 10 more years. Scary actually.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Episode 8 Genes GIF by MacGruber

It's the Genes...

How do you think Mahomes would've been in professional Baseball ..? 

He probably would be good. His father was a relief pitcher for the Mets, IIRC. He was okay. The younger Mahomes may have been a better player.