Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Burrow hurt, out “several weeks”

csmopar

Hopefully he’s back the beginning of the season, one of the best young QBs to watch in the league.

The big question becomes “The Bengals in the past 2 years have lost games at the beginning of the year costing them a chance at the No.1 seed, will it be a replay again?”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Hopefully he’s back the beginning of the season, one of the best young QBs to watch in the league.

The big question becomes “The Bengals in the past 2 years have lost games at the beginning of the year costing them a chance at the No.1 seed, will it be a replay again?”

I also read in some Bengals website that for past two seasons Burrow had some kind of injury or niggle during the training camp, so that might explain those slow starts.

Hopefully, this injury heals fully and they should start him once he's completely healed up to avoid any re-injury. 

Looking at their schedule, they have two easy stretches, one in late September to mid October and another one in November (against Colts and Vikings :P), but otherwise tough schedule within and outside the divisional games.

Maybe, they could target his return in the middle of October if everything goes fine 

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yep. A similar thing happened last year. No sense in rushing him in during training camp. But if they want to make the playoffs he'll need be starting week 1 honestly. 

20 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. A similar thing happened last year. No sense in rushing him in during training camp. But if they want to make the playoffs he'll need be starting week 1 honestly. 

Just call it a gut feeling but I feel the whole AFC North will be improved this year that the Bengals will be constantly fighting for the division down to the wire unlike last year till the very last week.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Just call it a gut feeling but I feel the whole AFC North will be improved this year that the Bengals will be constantly fighting for the division down to the wire unlike last year till the very last week.

All these teams play pretty physical, and it is always unpredictable how it's gonna go in their division, especially if Burrow isn't going to be 100% to start the season. 

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

All these teams play pretty physical, and it is always unpredictable how it's gonna go in their division, especially if Burrow isn't going to be 100% to start the season. 

I just feel the Ravens' D and Steelers' D and Browns' O will be much improved this year shrinking the margin for error, but yeah, I sure am glad the Colts are in the AFC South.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I just feel the Ravens' D and Steelers' D and Browns' O will be much improved this year shrinking the margin for error, but yeah, I sure am glad the Colts are in the AFC South.

Agreed, Steelers defense played really well without TJ for extended amount of time, and they could do much better if he's healthy all year.

Ravens offense as well, for the first time in Lamar era, could look efficient in more than just running game.

I'm just not sure about the Browns. I'm a steadfast believer in Kevin Stefanski's ability in designing and calling a high octane offense but I guess it will depend on how Watson is going to play. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

Burrow will no doubt keep the window open for years to come, but I do think it will be much more difficult from here on out… 

• Like 1

Wishing Joe Burrow a complete recovery - regardless of the timeline.

In my humble opinion - he had NO BUSINESS being out on the practice field when he had "tweaked" something in his leg the day before.

IRRESPONSIBLE on the part of the training staff - coaches - and - Joe Burrow himself!!